hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Today I’m here to talk about the Digiflavor Z1 SBS kit that was sent to me for the purpose of this review by sourcemore. This is my first time trying an SBS mod kit. I know SBS mods are becoming more and more popular but for some reason they just hadn’t appealed to me in the past. I am a fan of the Siren V1 and still use one to this day so I was rather excited to here that the kit included the Siren V3. I have to admit that I was not a fan of the Siren V2. Let’s go ahead and take a look at what’s included in the kit and I’ll give my opinion on the kit.

Digiflavor-Z1-SBS-Kit-Colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Z1 SBS Mod
    1* Siren3 GTA
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* DF Triangular Tool
    1* Spare Parts Pack
    1* Spare Glass Tube
    1* 4 in 1 Wire
    1* User Manual

IMG-4950.jpg

PARAMETERS:

Input Voltage 3.7V-4.25V

Output Voltage 1.0-8.5V

Battery Type External 18650

Full Charged Voltage 4.15-4.25V

Charger Specification USB-C, 5V, 2A

Dimension 49*25*105.7mm

Output Power 5-80W

Resistance Range 0.1-3ohm

Color Black Abalone Shell, Black Stabwood, Silver Gray Scallop Shell, Silver Gray Stabwood

FEATURES:

Input Voltage 3.7V-4.25V

Output Voltage 1.0-8.5V

Battery Type External 18650

Full Charged Voltage 4.15-4.25V

Charger Specification USB-C, 5V, 2A

Dimension 49*25*105.7mm

Output Power 5-80W

Resistance Range 0.1-3ohm

Color Black Abalone Shell, Black Stabwood, Silver Gray Scallop Shell, Silver Gray Stabwood

Digiflavor-Z1-SBS-Kit-Aesthetic.jpg

Digiflavor-Z1-SBS-Kit-Coil-on-top.jpg

Digiflavor-Z1-SBS-Kit-Enriching-Power.jpg

Digiflavor-Z1-SBS-Kit-MTL-in-artwork.jpg

Digiflavor-Z1-SBS-Kit-Small.jpg

Digiflavor-Z1-SBS-Kit-The-Art-Grip.jpg

Digiflavor-Z1-SBS-Kit-Unique-Nonpareil.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

The packaging on the Z1 is fairly standard. It has the outer sleeve that once removed has the top and bottom box. I was a little surprised as to how much was included in the kit. I was very pleased to see the nice little plastic box that was included with a small chain that contained four each of four different kinds of coils. I was rather surprised when I opened the box when the one I received did not match the picture on the box. The box showed the silver gray stab wood like the picture above. The unit I received is silver gray but has the black and red side panels like the black stab wood in the picture above. I thought it was packaged incorrectly but evidently the stab wood color is random. I personally don’t care for that. I really wanted the one in the picture. I discovered this after I had purchased one before receiving the review sample and it was the same way with the red and black side panels. They are nearly identical but the pattern on the stab wood is a little different. So don’t be surprised if you order the stab wood and it doesn’t look like the picture on the box.

Like I mentioned earlier, the Z1 is the first SBS mod that I’ve used so can’t really compare it to other SBS mods out on the market right now. To me the mod feels solid and well built. I did have a slight issue with two things on the mod. The first thing I had a little trouble with was the battery cap. To me it’s a little hard to hold while pressing down to turn it. If it had the flip up lever on it like a lot of other battery caps have then that would make it much easier to hold on to while pressing down with a decent amount of pressure to press the battery down and catch threads at the same time. The second thing I took issue with was the small display screen. The wattage on the screen is very easy to read but they chose to put a white bar on the top with very small font showing the coil resistance and voltage. I honestly can barely make out the numbers on top without glasses or a magnifier. Other than those two things I very much like the feel of the mod in the hand. I normally fire mods with my thumb but have found that if I grip the mod in my palm and fire with my middle finger then that seems most natural.

The mods is fairly simple to operate and only has three modes. Volt, Power, and Bypass. Pressing the + and – buttons simultaneously will lock the adjustment buttons but will allow the mod to still fire. That’s pretty much it for this mod. It does have the Digiflavor logo stamped into a plate on each side that is screwed on. It blends in with the color of the body well enough that it doesn’t bother me or seem as over branding. For some reason the fire button has a red color around the outer sides and am told that this is the same on all versions of the mod.

IMG-4908.jpg

IMG-4909.jpg

IMG-4952.jpg

IMG-4953.jpg

IMG-4954.jpg

IMG-4955.jpg

IMG-4959.jpg

IMG-4961.jpg

Ok, now let’s take a look at the Siren 3 RTA that was included with the Z1. I had high hopes for the Siren 3. Like I mentioned before, I still use a Siren V1 and didn’t much care for the Siren2 so was hoping the 3 would be a winner for me. Included in the kit are four each of four different coils. There are eight that are 2.5mm and eight that are 2.0mm. I tried one each of the 316ss coils and was not very pleased with the flavor production. I would call the flavor using them mediocre at best. I then tried one of the ni80 2.0mm coils and the tank flooded almost immediately. I felt like with the smaller coil that it didn’t allow enough cotton to be installed to fill the openings on the side that allow the liquid to contact the wick. I then tried a 3mm 316 superfine Clapton coil that I wound myself. It still wasn’t great. My last attempt was a superfine ni80 2.5mm Clapton coil that I wound myself and it performed a little better in the flavor department. All of the coils gave a good amount of vapor but none of them were spectacular flavor producers in the Siren 3. One thing that I noticed about the included coils was that when I tried to use my coiling tool to install a coil that both the 2mm and 2.5mm coils would not fit on the corresponding step on my coiling tool like they were just a little bit too small. I mix all of my own liquids and used a liquid that I use on most of my reviews and if I was going to use the Siren 3 consistently then I would most likely have to increase my flavor percentages by 1.5 times.

The tank comes with a metal drip tip which I don’t really mind but some might not like. The top cap is a quarter turn to remove or install. The deck itself has three airflow holes on the bottom below the coil and there’s not a ton of room between the posts so I would think that a 3mm coil is about as big as will fit in this tank. There are five airflow adjustment holes of different sizes on the outside of the unit on the bottom airflow ring. You can use as many or few of the airflow holes as you like. There is also a single hole in the ring where you can just use one of any of the five airflow holes to get a pretty tight MTL vape. The deck screws are very small and were a little difficult for me to see. One thing that was nice on the deck is that if you cut the coil legs and a little is sticking out, there is a notch on the side big enough to tuck a little bit of coil leg into. Otherwise if you leave it sticking out then it will short the coil to the barrel that goes over the deck when the tank is screwed together.

IMG-5029.jpg

IMG-4962.jpg

IMG-4964.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall, I do like the Digiflavor Z1 SBS mod. I wish the display was a little bigger or maybe just without the white bar on the top so I could more easily read the voltage and resistance. Also the battery cap I found hard to install. There’s not a lot there to get a hold of while pushing down and trying to screw it in. The mod itself feels solid in the hand and well built. I had no problem with operations of the mod while testing it. I know stab wood can be inconsistent but it would have been nice if the picture on the box was even close to the same color panels that were on both the one I received for review and the one I purchased. I have tried other 24mm tanks on the one I purchased and they do fit but the airflow may face the mod on one side. However, they do work.

The Siren 3 is no flavor banger in my opinion. Having tried the included coils as well as a couple that I wound myself, I found the flavor mediocre while using liquids that I normally get good flavor from on other tanks. I even tried two of my favorite mixes in it without much success. This being said, I could adjust my flavor percentages to compensate for the tank. Also this is just my personal experience and I don’t use store bought liquids so users may have a different experience with those since they are often higher flavor percentage and sweeter from my experiences. The tank itself seems well built and is actually a little heavy. I only experienced leaking once and that was using one of the included 2.0mm coils and in my opinion that is because that size coil did not allow enough cotton to be used to keep the wick wells full enough to keep it from flooding and then leaking. I had no leaking issues using 2.5 or 3mm coils.

I hope I have done a well enough job of showing the features and given enough information from my experience to help you decide if the Digiflavor Z1 SBS kit would be a good device for you to own. I just checked and the mod only is now also available for order. I would like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for sending the review sample and thanks as always to you the reader. Below is a link to the website and a coupon code that was provided to me for you by Sourcemore. After checking the site, I see that if you have an account already then you can actually get it cheaper than the coupon code. The price without the code is $49.23. This is probably due to the sample being stuck in shipping for almost a month.

Code for $51.18: Z1SBS

Digiflavor Z1 SBS Kit 80W Box Mod with Siren3 GTA (sourcemore.com)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    When will we see another one from you?

Well - I have one waiting to post, however the product has not been released yet . . . AND - Supposedly, I am being sent another product to review in the next couple of weeks . . . . So - Soon I hope . . . ;)

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Well - I have one waiting to post, however the product has not been released yet . . . AND - Supposedly, I am being sent another product to review in the next couple of weeks . . . . So - Soon I hope . . . ;)

Be sure to let me know when you do. You know where to find me.

Reactions: Uncle

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I've always enjoyed your reviews. I especially love how you tell it like it is, whether that is good or bad.

Thanks! I don’t want people wasting money on something if I don’t think it’s a good product.

• Winner
    Reactions: AngeNZ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread