The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Digiflavour Themis top airflow rta

Discussion in 'RTA' started by vexx, Jan 30, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vexx

vexx Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    No parts allowed
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Interesting. I always like seeing more top airflow RTAs being released. The mesh deck is something I'm not sure what I feel about it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. vexx

Apr 25, 2012
    No parts allowed
    Finally got it, so far so good flavour is very good, airflow can some times whistle, wicking is very easy and it sure drinks the juice. Highly recommend for a day to day use

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. pt91

pt91 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    Could you post pics of your build? Can the mesh be cleaned/dry burned?

• Like Like x 1
  5. vexx

Apr 25, 2012
    No parts allowed
    I got the dual coil not the mesh

• Like Like x 4
  6. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Thank you for being an early adopter. Certainly looks like something I'll need to add to the collection.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Steve W Pedersen

Steve W Pedersen Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    I am going to pick one of these up , it looks easy to wick.
    it would be nice if there was a kit with both build decks, i would not mind experementing with a mesh setup.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. vexx

Apr 25, 2012
    No parts allowed
    It seems the less cotton the better with this one. Also I noticed that when the juice is low 1/4 maybe, you have to refill it.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Ordered today from VaporDNA! This looks like a great new RTA!

10. pt91

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    I ordered the same from them yesterday. See how it compares to my OBS engines.

• Like Like x 1
  11. vexx

Apr 25, 2012
    No parts allowed
    You won’t regret it i have the engine dual coil , and it edges it in terms of flavor. Airflow is a bit more restrictive and loud sometimes

12. vexx

Apr 25, 2012
    No parts allowed
    Mesh version review

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I’m a big fan of the Zeus, I like some of the updates they’ve made to this Themis compared to the Zeus so I ordered the black rendition from Element Vape last night.

I like that inserting the deck into the tank looks more straightforward since there doesn’t seem to be any way to aesthetically throw it off (my Zeus head logo is always off), looks like the bottom o-ring that seals the bottom of the Themis deck on can be problematic so I’ll be on the lookout for that. A Zeus-style 810 tip would have been nice to cut the overall height.

All in all I’m hoping to get the Zeus day to day reliability and ease of build with dual coil performance. Currently I use my Zeus RTAs out and about and my Bravo RTAs at home since I really trust the Zeus to not leak, is easy to fill, and keep working. Not to say my others aren’t reliable but the Zeus has just been the total package for me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. pt91

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    I have the zeus and themis on the way. Wish I could just buy the mesh deck for the themis.
    See how they compare to the obs engine. The other engine versions (nano?) were disappointing but the regular engine has been my main/only rta for a long time now. It just works.

• Like Like x 1
  15. T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    I have no interest in mesh right now. Am I missing something good by not trying it? :unsure:

16. pt91

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    I am curious of the kanthal mesh. If the regular version works out for me I might order one.
    I am tired of building coils :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Done Deal DR

Jul 26, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I think you will like both of them, they share many similarities with the original obs engine. I don’t think either will blow it away but they have a couple of nice modern features over the obs. If nothing else they are modern interpretations of the obs that are readily available with spares.

Got notice from Element Vape that my Themis is on the way, along with my first squonker, the Asmodus Luna. Hard to believe I’ve been vaping for like 9 years and never tried it. Also ordered another Revenant Cartel, I love that mod.

• Like Like x 2
  18. pt91

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    Once I picked up a top airflow RTA I pretty much stopped using all of my other tanks and squonkers. I do not miss the mess at all. One of the many advantages of the top flow tanks is they will not ooze out your tank when flying (I fly often). Also nice to not worry if your tank is standing up all of the time.
    9 years here too. Hard to believe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Done Deal DR

Jul 26, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    It really goes by fast, I think if many of the new vapers (starting last year or two) had to start where we did they would laugh and walk away. Punching crappy Boge cartos, virtually everything was MTL only it wasn’t called MTL because it’s all that existed. Juice heavily PG biased or all PG, I could barely see my vapor... much less were there clouds. I used to stay with more high end/non-China stuff, Provari and Svoemesto Kayfuns and the like. Nowadays the overall quality level is so high we can pick up these tanks for $25-30 or even less that have an astounding level of engineering into them, it really is amazing. Like 9 watts on a ProVari with AW 18350 or 18490 and we were smitten. Overall e-juice quality has gone up too, although it costs more these days on average. That is really a run down memory lane.

Completely agree on top airflow, the improvements to actual day to day usage is huge for me too. It really makes it so that you hardly even have to think about it after you build it. Whatever possible performance it may give up compared to my bottom airflow tanks, if any, I couldn’t care less.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. pt91

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    Built the coil version last night. Here are my impressions (compared to my OBS engines)
    -build deck a little awkward but workable. I really wish the base was one piece.
    -recoiling/rewicking is tougher than OBS as the two pc base makes leaving tank full of liquid more difficult. To me it also makes rewicking, dry burning, etc tougher.
    -I am not a fan of the 810. The bump at the base of the mouth piece only adds height. Even with the 510 adapter my trips tips don't fit right (leave a gap).
    -Because of the position of the build deck/wells, this must be filled up way before the liquid appears to be empty.
    -bottom cap gives me problems trying to reattach. Not sure if it is the threads or what so far.
    -air flow is a bit more restricted but no a big con for me.
    -Flavor is Spot on! This pretty much makes me over look the weaknesses. I built with 3.5mm claptons but am going to try some 3mm 26 gauge Kanthal this weekend.

• Useful Useful x 1