The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Digiflavour Themis top airflow rta

Discussion in 'RTA' started by vexx, Jan 30, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hildicat

hildicat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    SoCal
    Had to try one as I love love the Zeus and wanted to experience dual coils (first time in a long time). Got it today and built it with dual 3mm NI80 28x3 fused claptons, six wraps each, netting 0.18. Wicked with cotton and filled with my favorite and veey familiar RY4 blend. Best for me seems to be with the air closed less than half around 50 watts. The flavor and vapor production seem very similar to the Zeus, though this drinks the juice a but more rapidly. Early impressions are good, but not enough to justify the extra coil not to mention that studio 2 piece bottom section, much more of a Pita to rework.

Will of course play some more and eventually try a very large single coil as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. hildicat

hildicat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    SoCal
    I Should mention I had no issues wicking this thing. Thinned and trimmed the wicks a bit and easy bubbles with no flooding or gurgling.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I finally got my Themis dual coil version in black today and it meets my expectations, flavor is really up there with the best I've had in a tank. A lot less spit back than I get in my Zeus tanks which is also a plus (actually haven't gotten any spit back - an effect I usually attribute to duals being off the center post line), although I will say this is a BIG tank, it dwarfs even my Bravo's with the bubble glass. All in all, I'd say this is the leak proof dual coil version of the Zeus that I was after. Airflow is a little loud but not ridiculous full open, it develops a whistle around 1/2 open which I knew about ahead of time from youtube reviews.

I put in small dual 3mm SS316L quad core fused claptons, 30Gx4/40G with 7 wraps each for a final .17 Ohms build. It could easily fit bigger coils, both in wire size and in diameter. 3.5mm will for sure fit, I'd say even 4mm is definitely doable. The limiting factor there is going to be with the wicking, even with 3mm coils you have a lot of wick to deal with. Of course the route you want to go is to comb it out to thin it otherwise the channels will be way too packed. Then cut the wick and place it in the channels, be sure to fluff the wick before putting it in to avoid flooding (obviously won't leak but will cause gurgling). Also make sure the wick isn't too long... you want to create a dam just a bit above the holes in the juice well. Making them too long so that its completely blocking off the holes will make it so the juicewell doesn't always have juice in it and will lead to dry hits from the reviews I watched.

It was an easy build overall, it's nice having the clamp screws facing the flat side of the coil legs so I don't have to give the legs a twist off the coil to line up like in the Zeus (not that it's hard, just an extra step). I replaced the flat head grub screws with M2.5 4mm hex screws that I also use in the Zeus, its a personal preference thing but I prefer them. I'm not a giant fan of the 2 piece deck, it makes it a bit awkward during the build process and a bit messy when priming the coil, but I can live with it and I'm sure it'll get more straightforward in time. I also am not a fan of the o-rings that go on the glass section, on the Zeus they appear to be attached to the glass, I've never had one fall off, where as these are loose, maybe after using it for a bit they'll get better joined to the mating surface but I doubt it. So far no problems with the base o-ring that seals the bottom of the build deck.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Steve W Pedersen

Steve W Pedersen Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    I am looking to get both versions where are you guy's ordering from ?
    ty.

5. CosmicGopher

CosmicGopher Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2015
    Eciggity has them also, but only the dual-coil version.

6. T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
  7. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    Ended up ordering from My Vpro, was the only place I could get both the mesh and the regular version.
    one black and one SS.
    waiting sux ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. pt91

pt91 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    Nice review and agree.
    Funny thing is I rcvd this an my first Zeus the same day.
    I find myself using the Zeus more but I think it is because of the simplicity and ease on battery. It is the first single coil I have liked in a very long time.
    You are right about the zeus spit back. Drives me crazy. I will be searching for that spit guard utem drip tip in my stash.
    I have a lead on the Themis mesh version which I may order. Bit more like a single coil.
    This is the biggest RTA I have by far. Dwarfs the OBSs and Zeus.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    YES, I was just notified my tanks are finally actually in transit should arive around the 9th-10th.
    Really looking forward to this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Where did you get it from? How much was it? Tx

11. vexx

vexx Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    No parts allowed
    This one from a local vape shop but I usually shop from 3fvape vapordna

• Like Like x 2
  12. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    I finally got my Themis tanks in both the dual coil and the mesh tank. The mesh was what I was really curious about and that's what I've built first no problems very simple using Daniels method the mesh I'm using is kanthal.
    So far really liking this I have as yet not had a Satan's scrotum dry hit yet :).

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. pt91

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    I seem to get an enormous about of spit back with the dual coil deck. Is there any spit back on the mesh version?
    Also, what ohms is a typical mesh registering?
    Tks in advance

14. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    howdy,
    I have absolutely zero spit back currently which is a problem I've been dealing with with several of my tanks super impressed with this been vaping for the last 3 hours and absolutely no issues at all.
    The resistance of my Kanthal mesh is 0.12 and i am at 45 watts.

• Like Like x 2
  15. pt91

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    I'm in. That is lower resistance than I thought.

16. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    if i had to come up with a negative thing about this tank it would have to be the grub screws little tiny straight slot screws I wonder if it's possible to replace these with something like Torx screws.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Done Deal DR

Jul 26, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Both the Zeus and the Themis can use M2.5 x 4mm grub screws, I replaced them on my Themis and all of my Zeus’s with Allen screws. You can get what amounts to a lifetime supply of them on Amazon for like $5.

I’m not sure if they make torx ones or not (probably), but now that you say it those would probably work the best. I use an electronics style screwdriver kit so I can basically use it on any screw type, but the flatheads just piss me off... I find that it slides off the screw too often. I don’t have the steadiest hands so YMMV.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Done Deal DR

Jul 26, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ive been meaning to post an update after using the Themis for a couple weeks and running through 10-15 tanks easily. Flavor has remained great and it’s of course been 100% leakproof. Just for experimentation I also rebuilt it with a slight larger 3mm quad ss316l fused Clapton (28Gx4, 36G) from Advanced Vape Supply at about .11 ohms that’s also been working great in it. Refills are as easy as it gets, although I wish the kidney bean holes were a tad larger, and I’ve had zero leaking while filling it.

Really the only subjective con for me has been that I’m not really a fan of how it all goes together. The bottom cap design just isn’t my favorite, and I don’t like how the o rings are implemented. In about 9 years of vaping I’ve never damaged or lost an o ring but I think this thing may break the streak. Any time I rewick I completely disassemble
    and wash everything under scalding water with light dish soap and the o rings on the Themis seem to want to go down the sink. Haven’t lost one yet but probably just a matter of time. I prefer the o rings to be mounted in a way where they aren’t loose when you disassemble it, but it does provide a great vape so I’m willing to overlook these minor complaints.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    Just a little update
    Since my DIY stuff has started coming in I decided that I would use up some of the nasty e-juice that I have purchased.
    Just to get it all used up I'm not sure exactly what this is but I believe it must be a high PG juice as it is thinner. With this thinner juice my mesh tank is starting to spit back a little bit had absolutely zero spit back till I started using this crap juice.

20. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    God I just can't stand this Menthol anus flavor it's making me sick.
    I hate to throw money down the toilet like this but I'm dumping this bottle.

• Agree Agree x 1