Diketones-free vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlahmapoutras

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Netherlands
I did quite some searching on the forum and thought I would be able to find a thread with several diketones-free vendors. Turns out that there are several posts discussing diacetyl and fewer that discuss diketones.The purpose of this post is to have a collection of non-diketone vendors.Not vendors that some of their liquids are free of diketons but ALL their e-liquids are so.
Please when you propose a vendor also mention if they claim they are diketone-free without proof; if they provide lab results mention if they do so for every batch.
Hopefully a nice list can be made for those interested.

vlahmapoutras

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Netherlands
I start with the one I know

http://www.mountainoakvapors.com

According to their site

Do your juices contain Diacetyl?

No. Our e-liquids do NOT contain this and we avoid using any ingredients that may contain it. In early 2014 it was discovered that many in the flavor industry mark/advertise their products as 'Diacetyl Free', even though these flavor suppliers were giving us their word that these harmful and potentially harmful constituents did not exist in their products, third party independent testing showed otherwise. We now know that the only way to be certain that these compounds (or any potentially harmful compound) is not present in a particular flavor is to test the flavors ourselves.

That is what we do at Mountain Oak Vapors, all of our flavors are tested independently by a third party lab for Acetaldehyde, Acetyl Propionyl, Dicaetyl, Formaldehyde and in the future if we discover there may be other compounds to avoid, we will test for those as well. We are on the leading edge of science and E-Cigarette research as members of AEMSA (AEMSA | American E-Liquid Manufacturing Standards Association) so you can rest assured when you are shopping with us that you are buying the highest quality e-liquid on the market.

So diketone free and every batch tested

vlahmapoutras

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Netherlands
Another one

The Clean Vape E Liquid | Diacetyl and Diketone Free

According to their site

Ingredients

We are a California based E Liquid manufacturing company that uses the high grade USP Vegetable Glycerin, USP Propylene Glycol and Nicotine. Our nicotine is sourced from a high quality vendor with a COA available here for proof: Certificate of Analysis

Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl and Acetoin Free

All of our flavors are free of Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl and Acetoin. Our mission as an E Liquid Manufacturing company was to remove these ingredients completely from our line of E Liquids. For more information regarding the possible dangers of these chemicals, please see this blog post here: Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl, Acetoin and E Liquid . Lab results will be updated in the blog post as they are acquired.

Additives

None of our flavors contain any sweeteners or food coloring.

and

Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl and Acetoin

If you’ve been around the vaping industry for some time now, I am sure you have heard of Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl or Acetoin atleast once. When I first started the process of creating this company I was doing a lot of research into vaping and from what I found these seemed to be the most questionable ingredients in the juices that are available. I didn’t feel comfortable ordering juices from places that mentioned nothing about these chemicals so I started to make my own juice and here we are today.

Diacetyl was the first chemical that was found to possibly be harmful in large doses. This concern started with a popcorn factory worker who developed “popcorn lung” which causes difficulty breathing. Obviously a popcorn factory worker is exposed to extremely large quantities of this chemical every day, but the fact that this chemical was present in my juices raised a concern. I’m sure no one is vaping enough diacetyl to be prone to be able to get “popcorn lung”, but if the ingredient is not necessary for a tasty E Liquid why include it at all?

Acetyl Propionyl and Acetoin are the substitutes that arrived after the initial scare of Diacetyl and research suggests that these chemicals also can contain or convert themselves to Diacetyl in trace amounts. These are safer alternatives to Diacetyl, but they are still not considered to be as safe as a juice without them.

Diacetyl is also contained in cigarettes which I am sure most of you have smoked before you started vaping, and it is in much higher quantities than what is in E Liquid. So, it is still less than the amount contained in cigarettes, but it is still over the amount of consumption that is considered safe for inhaling.

There have been no conclusive tests of any of these chemicals and the effect it has on a person under normal vaping conditions, but why risk it when it’s not necessary?

Recently, Dr Farsalinos did a study that had plenty of E Liquids tested and 74.2% of them were found to contain Diacetyl or Acetyl Propionyl.

This information that has been brought to light has convinced us that it is not worth the hassle to include any of these chemicals in E Liquid. Thus, The Clean Vape manufactures E Liquid that is 100% Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl, and Acetoin Free.

Our claims for having 100% Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl, and Acetoin Free E-Liquid is based off flavor manufacturing claims and studies. Due to the nature of the tests that are available, we had decided not to go with the current testing as a reliable method of proof. Please understand that our claims are based off of what our suppliers are telling us. Due to customer feedback, we have decided to go ahead and get them tested anyway in the coming weeks and we will have the results posted as soon as we get them.

So diketone-free claim and in future lab results will be provided.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
This is the third or fourth time a thread like this has been started and every time the list ends at two ( MOV and Vapor Bar ). Finally there is a third name, well sort of any way !

I have heard representatives of Njoy and Baker White state unequivocally that they test their juices and that they are diketone free ( below detection levels ) as well, but they do not post the lab certificate.

Reactions: Racehorse

vlahmapoutras

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Netherlands
Hopefully more will be proposed.
I checked the websites of the two vendors you mentioned but couldn't find any information on diketones.
I would like to include on this thread companies that claim on their sites that are diketone-free (not rumours), whether they test them, if they test every batch and if they give the results.

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Reactions: Racehorse

vlahmapoutras

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Netherlands
So apparently only these three vendors can back their claim of not using diketones in any of their products.
Three out of hundreds vendors don't use substances that are definitely not supposed to be inhaled and can prove it.
And the majority of vapers agree that we are kind of "guinea-pigs" since no long-term studies exist about the effects of vaping.
I am a bit worried to say the least.I can make a parallelism to smoking claims in the beginning and middle 20th century where companies/people where supporting that there is no harm to smoking cigarettes since there were not many long-term studies.
I am not a hypochondriac nor do I say that vaping is like smoking.There are studies that definitely claim that vaping is less harmful than smoking.It just makes me feel a bit uncomfortable the current situation.What if in the future for example every company stops using diketones in their liquids because of the proven dangers involved?Or even other substances that are currently being used in flavorings?Can't turn back the clock.And don't tell me that we consume so many chemicals per day without even knowing it.I am a chemical engineer so I think I know enough about what our bottles/cans/water/air/jars contain.Here we talk about vaping and its risks.
I am grateful I found vaping because that way I stopped smoking completely.Just every time I see in sites concerning vaping the phrase "proceed at your own risk" I get uncomfortable.Anyway, just some thoughts.I will stick to these three companies for now and hopefully more will follow.

vlahmapoutras

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Netherlands
NicQuid claims on the website that they don't use diacetyl or custard notes.

NicQuid® e-liquids are made from the finest GRAS, food grade artificial and natural flavorings. What you will never find in our e-liquid products are artificial dyes, artificial colors, added alcohol, or added water. To that, NicQuid® e-liquids do not contain diacetyl or ‘custard notes’. We start and end with the best.

I couldn't find anywhere on their website info about testing their e-liquids for diacetyl or ‘custard notes’ by a lab.This means most probably that they are based on the information they have from their flavorings provider for whom they say nothing.So not sure about their claim since there is no proof.
Thanks for the addition though :toast:

Reactions: raina.n.co
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread