igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
hi all,

ive just purchased some juice from e cig.co.uk and as i ordered the 36mg bottles i was just wondering if that is going to be too strong. would it make me feel a bit ill smoking it at that strength?

i have a bottle of glycerine which i got from the baking section at Tescos and was thinking about diluting it.

is glycerine the correct substance to dilute with? if so, should i do it 50/50 or at a different ratio? will it affect the taste and throat hit by diluting?

i will be gratefull for any advice,

cheers!

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
hi all,

ive just purchased some juice from e cig.co.uk and as i ordered the 36mg bottles i was just wondering if that is going to be too strong. would it make me feel a bit ill smoking it at that strength?

i have a bottle of glycerine which i got from the baking section at Tescos and was thinking about diluting it.

is glycerine the correct substance to dilute with? if so, should i do it 50/50 or at a different ratio? will it affect the taste and throat hit by diluting?

i will be gratefull for any advice,

cheers!

That's what I do now, 36mg diluted 50/50 with glycerine. I used to use it neat, then worked out how much nic I was using:(

In future you are probably better to get your glycerine from Boots, big 200ml bottle 99p!

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Hi,

I find that diluting 36mg eliquid with glycerine 50/50 works fine for me. You'll get loads of vapour, too. If it isn't strong enough for you this way then experiment with proportions a little. When you mix your eliquid and glycerine (I used a brown glass eyedropper bottle - about 70p from the chemist) don't overfill the bottle and give it a good shake when you're done to ensure a thorough mix. Enjoy!

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
In future you are probably better to get your glycerine from Boots, big 200ml bottle 99p!

according to the boots website, to buy glycerine you have to have a prescription?

do you just buy it off the shelf at boots?

my sister in law is a pharmacist at boots so i will have to see if she can send some my way!

Bertrand

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
according to the boots website, to buy glycerine you have to have a prescription?

I had some trouble getting propylene glycol a while ago (for humidor.) Had a few chemists knock me back. I think they thought I was up to no good. Glycerine is on the shelf at most chemists, but I'm not sure if it's fit to eat.

my sister in law is a pharmacist at boots so i will have to see if she can send some my way!

Can you talk her into producing eliquid? I've said it a few times, but I think people will pay more for pharmacy produced eliquid.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland

I think the website is wrong, it's sitting on the shelf on our local Boots, it's really a very common substance.

Pegaso

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
Spain
I really think that vaping 36mg e-liquid all day should be bad (toooo much nic! :cry: ).

VG is very easy to buy (here in Spain, I just went to my usual pharmacy, and they didn't ask anything about it... 6€ for 1Kg :) ).

You can mix it, and add some distilled water or flavors (to make it more fluid, as VG is quite dense, or to get more flavor if you need).

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
I'd be curious about this in Europe.

In America we use PG in the dairy industry add to the livestock's feed to prevent Ketosis - I am able to walk into any farm supplier - we call them Granges and but a gallon of USP grade PG for like $25. Call me nieve but I have never been to Europe, do you guys have farm and garden type supply stores. the USP grade is of the highest quality and is used worldwide from what I have read.

Pegaso

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
Spain
do you guys have farm and garden type supply stores.

Yep, here in Spain we have those stores... but I never thought they'd have cheap PG :p ... I think I prefer buying this kind of things in a pharmacy, as I know exactly what I'm buying... but if I go to one of those stores, I will remember this and ask for PG (let's see what they answer, hehehehe :cool: ).

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
Yep, here in Spain we have those stores... but I never thought they'd have cheap PG :p ... I think I prefer buying this kind of things in a pharmacy, as I know exactly what I'm buying... but if I go to one of those stores, I will remember this and ask for PG (let's see what they answer, hehehehe :cool: ).
Actually it is kind of funny about that - I was talking with my vet one day and she reached up to the "animal" medicine cabinet, opened a bottle, Popped a couple pills in her mouth and took a drink of her soda - She must have seen a look of dumb foundment on my face. She then told me that the drug companies that produce animal based medicines are held to HIGHER quality controls than for human medicine - WHAT - well it does make since hows an animal going to tell you they are having a reaction - Our drug companies are built on the fact that if it does make you feel right you will say something. In the Vet industry it just plainly has to WORK! - Oh what did she take - I don't know for sure, but it was some kind of NAID (anti-imflamitory) Advil - Probably strong enough to make a 40 year old Elephant able to do Ballet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread