Dinner Lady Disposable Pod - Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

artguybri

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Manchester UK
Forgive me, this is my first review!

So I got my hands on one of Dinner Lady's new disposable pod devices and thought I would give my opinion on it.

Packaging
So, Dinner Lady has been quite smart with the design of the box, it looks like a cigarette pack, even down to the top opening in the same way as a traditional pack of cigarettes. The design is very classy and inside, the device itself is sealed in a pouch, which I assume is for freshness. The Pod comes with a small rubber bung in there, in case of any leaks (Of which I had none at all) during transit. So, I would score one for Dinner Lady on this.

Device
The device is.....well, premium. Unlike a lot of the disposable pods on the market, the Dinner Lady pod is aluminium in construction, with the opaque pod on top. The Dinner Lady Logo is emblazoned on the device and a blue Led is on the bottom, to show you battery life and that it is working. When compared to other disposables, you can see that they spent money to make sure their device stands head and shoulders above the others in terms of build quality. The Led is bright but not distracting and having a clear pod seems such a basic idea, but I don't recall any other disposable that has one. It's great for checking juice level on the go. The device itself is about the length of a cigarette, but obviously wider. It's not heavy at all and feels really good in the hand.

Liquid
Well, its Dinner Lady! I've been a fan of theirs for a long time and know Lemon Tart is amazing so I thought I would try the blue menthol. If you like Heisenburg, you will love Blue menthol. Not as cold as Heisenburg, the flavour on the inhale is cool but not cold, with a fruity cacophony that just hits the right amount of flavour. The Pods are 20mg nic salt and yet the vape is smooth as silk, with only the menthol notes providing anything close to a throat hit. Vapour production is actually quite good for a disposable and flavour reproduction is very good. They also do a Smooth Tobacco, which I have yet to try but should be great for the tobacco lovers as I think it may be similar to the tobaccos Dinner Lady have released in the past.

Price
£5.99 - Its spot on with the pricing here, seeing as this device is pitched at smokers looking to try vaping as an alternative. With a pack of cigarettes costing around £10, this means that you can buy one, try it for a day and if you still feel like punching the cat, you have still saved £5 on the day. This makes it a win-win and a no-brainer to try. For us vapers, however, what is the point in spending £5.99 on a pod that you throw away? Well, it's perfect as a backup device. One in the car for long road trips when you run out of battery/coil dies/ liquid runs out. It would also be a great solution on nights out, festivals etc when you don't want to run the risk of losing your main device. OH!! Holidays. Perfect, you can get that Lemon tart flavour without having to pack all your kit, what a space saver!!

Final Thoughts
I think, in terms of what it is, a disposable device, Dinner Lady have obviously taken a lot of time listening to customers and learning from the mistakes of others. I wouldn't feel embarrassed pulling this device out in front of my vaping friends or giving one to any smoker friends of mine. They would have a great introduction to vaping, from a company that has produced a great, premium feeling, device
20190925_124647.jpg

Marst

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Austria
Sorry, but I think it is absolutely incredible and ridiculous in these days of "Fridays for future" to "dare" sell DISPOSABLE (!) plastic/aluminium pod kits with batteries - to just litter them after a short use.

PLEASE don't buy things like that!
Absolutely harmful for our environment, especially as it's hard if at all possible to disassemble them for proper disposal! So most probably nobody will do it, but just throw them away - somewhere.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So you can get about 20 of those into a 2 litre bottle that gets pitched into a bin, carted off to a gigantic pile of plastic by a diesel guzzling truck then gets loaded onto a gigantic cargo ship and makes its way to China, some other 3rd world nation or worse gets dumped into the ocean.

Or you can toss it into a trash can and it takes up about the same space as a carpenter pencil would………
Just sayin'.

Anyway it looks like a nice little device and may end up helping some stop leaving cigarette butts all over the place. But here in the US, unfortunately it would probably end up in the cross hairs of the nanny state due to yummy flavors. "Sigh"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread