Jun 12, 2008
USA
popcorn-eating-emoticon.gif

this should be interesting ....

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
They won't tell you this, but it's because people will pay it apparently. Same way they can sell their 110$ cigarette that can be found in identical models for half as much. They are still assuming people will see the device, be wowed by it's "atomizing technology" and assume it's expensive to produce. And don't forget 1 of their cartridges is equal to 2 packs of smokes! yeah right...

Last edited:

UncleMidriff

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2008
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
I'm one of the suckers who bought an NJoy, and here's why:

When I first wanted to purchase an e-cig, I was understandably new to the game. I had no idea what this e-smoking thing was all about, but I was anxious to give it a try, and I had no idea who was reputable and who wasn't.

With that in mind, here are the choices I had, as I saw them:

1. Buy an expensive e-cig from NJoy, a U.S.-based company with a professional looking website, an excellent warranty, and an appearance at CES 2008.
2. Buy a cheaper e-cig off the back of some dude's truck (i.e., from some random ebay seller).
3. Buy a cheaper e-cig off the back of some dude's truck in China.

The choice was obvious to me. Now that I'm more experienced, I'm more comfortable with trying some of the mom and pop type e-cig suppliers. But that just wasn't something I was comfortable doing at the beginning.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the joke five dollars a cart price stopped me from trying them or anyone like them.. 70 dollars a week on carts would make the entire e smoking game way too expensive for me.. thats apart from selling what i now know to be totally unreliable technology for rip-off prices..

the big lie about one cart equaling 20 normal cigs is the base of the rip-off.. no one that sells overpriced products based on the big lie can be considered reputable in my simple opinion..

trog

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Not to be too contrarian but I'm still getting excellent Customer Service from NJoy.

I don't buy their cartridges.

I do anticipate their service declining as they are now selling on Amazon and Target. But I haven't experienced that yet.

i just dont think their cart prices are fair nerdy...some poor uninformed buggers must be buying them...they are taking advantage,and its not fair IMO.

im sick of these companies sticking their arms into our wallets up to the shoulder,for what are essentially cheaply made products.

just my take on it.

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
You're right. I bought the cartridges when I was new at this.

We are all being taken advantage of to a point.

We'll have to wait until the ecigs become popular enough that the vendors will find decreasing the starter kits to about $30-$40 will be to their advantage.

Right now I think it could be said we are funding their development and advertisement expenses.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Right now I think it could be said we are funding their development and advertisement expenses.

Precisely- but, as NJOy has nopw expanded to the markets via Target, the prices will be coming down & this means most other sellers will be forced to lower hteir prices as well- We were all eager to get in early, and unfortunately, wthis is hte price we pay for not being patient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread