Direct drip on Blu e-cig - how long to drag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
I'm waiting on my Joye 510 to arrive, so I decided to try dripping with my Blu e-cig today.

I put one drop on one side of the atty, one drop on the other side, then put the empty cart over it and I'm enjoying the strong, tasty draws.

If the atty runs dry, will it still give off vapor? Or will it just stop giving vapor, so I know it's time to add 2 more drops? I'm worried that the atty will be dry and the vapor I'm inhaling might have something nasty coming from the materials of the atty itself.

Is it safe to drip and vape like this? I take apart the Blu after each session since it's an automatic battery.

Thanks for any tips/advice!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm waiting on my Joye 510 to arrive, so I decided to try dripping with my Blu e-cig today.

I put one drop on one side of the atty, one drop on the other side, then put the empty cart over it and I'm enjoying the strong, tasty draws.

If the atty runs dry, will it still give off vapor? Or will it just stop giving vapor, so I know it's time to add 2 more drops? I'm worried that the atty will be dry and the vapor I'm inhaling might have something nasty coming from the materials of the atty itself.

Is it safe to drip and vape like this? I take apart the Blu after each session since it's an automatic battery.

Thanks for any tips/advice!

Most wouldn't recommend dripping with an auto battery but some do. The problem is that the same hole that allows you to start the battery can get filled with ejuice and short out the battery. Cleaning it after each session isn't a bad idea but it only takes one drop to short it out. Wait until you get the 510 to drip (if it's a manual).

As far as the other question goes - dry atomizers can die quickly. Some vapor will be produced mainly from residuals and air. However, it is only dangerous to the atty not you, but vaping dry does tastes nasty. Always vape until you notice a drop in flavor then refill.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
When I used an auto battery, I would frequently use a long twisted piece of a tissue and stick it into the battery hole to dry out any liquid that may have entered the end.

If you do this as regular daily maintenance, you should do ok while you wait for your 510 (YAY!).

The exposed atomizer of the Blu just begs to be dripped on! You also can dip the atty bridge into your liquid get it wet (use a contact lens case!).

If the flavor starts to drop off or changes, add drops or dip (before it is to the point of dry and you get that burned hit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread