• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Direct Dripping on a KR808D-1 (aka Vapor King)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
Credit for this really should go to Karl the HeretiK for his questions on whistle tips for cartos and how to know when you've burned up a carto.

I hate whistle tips because they get juice condensated at the top and eventually you start slurping a little juice through the tip, but reading the thread in this forum about putting a whistle tip on a KR, combined with Alphafemale and Lightgeoduck's comments about keeping the carto wet (how do you keep a carto wet unless it is open?) made me think of the obvious that I had overlooked somehow.

To direct drip on my Vapor King USB passthru I usually use a Greencig carto that I cut in half to drip on the fiberglass hairs, or if I'm using a manual instead of an auto I use a 901 atty for direct dripping since manual battery = fail with the Greencig carts. I never use my fresh KR carts on a passthru because you just use them up too fast so I save my KR carts for when I'm away from the passthru.

I never thought of direct dripping a KR carto until HeretiK speculated about dripping on the carto atty and Alphafemale said she keeps her carto wet so I thought of just leaving the plastic cap/tip thing and the rubber ring off and dripping - not really directly on the atty like HeretiK speculated, but after four or five drops of vaping I top the filler off to keep it wet.

It works like a charm, some of the best vaping I've had, even competes with my prodigy when the KR is on the passthru and soaking wet...maybe better. And of course the filler doesn't burn when it is wet. No need for a whistle tip or anything, just don't overfill past where the filler can contain the juice.

When I get a superior performing KR carto as you do sometimes I think I'll save it for dd on the passthru.

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Credit for this really should go to Karl the HeretiK for his questions on whistle tips for cartos and how to know when you've burned up a carto.

I hate whistle tips because they get juice condensated at the top and eventually you start slurping a little juice through the tip, but reading the thread in this forum about putting a whistle tip on a KR, combined with Alphafemale and Lightgeoduck's comments about keeping the carto wet (how do you keep a carto wet unless it is open?) made me think of the obvious that I had overlooked somehow.

To direct drip on my Vapor King USB passthru I usually use a Greencig carto that I cut in half to drip on the fiberglass hairs, or if I'm using a manual instead of an auto I use a 901 atty for direct dripping since manual battery = fail with the Greencig carts. I never use my fresh KR carts on a passthru because you just use them up too fast so I save my KR carts for when I'm away from the passthru.

I never thought of direct dripping a KR carto until HeretiK speculated about dripping on the carto atty and Alphafemale said she keeps her carto wet so I thought of just leaving the plastic cap/tip thing and the rubber ring off and dripping - not really directly on the atty like HeretiK speculated, but after four or five drops of vaping I top the filler off to keep it wet.

It works like a charm, some of the best vaping I've had, even competes with my prodigy when the KR is on the passthru and soaking wet...maybe better. And of course the filler doesn't burn when it is wet. No need for a whistle tip or anything, just don't overfill past where the filler can contain the juice.

When I get a superior performing KR carto as you do sometimes I think I'll save it for dd on the passthru.

Gee, thanks... after spending over a month building up my reputation as a wise-cracking, rogue-ish rake, you have to spoil it by telling people on open forum that I've been... helpful! :D

I've experienced the same problem you mentioned with the whistle-tips... but I'm working on a fix... first off, I pop the mouth-end off the tip which widens the hole and creates less suction... I think... second off, I think taking the filler out of the tip may be a better thing than leaving it in... it's like the tip filler has an osmotic effect on the juice and makes sucking juice into the mouth more of a problem since it sits tight against the carto stuffing... and third off, I'm working on cutting the part of the tip that slides into the carto in half, to see if maybe the tip was so tight it was crushing the carto filler and making the juice pool...

I'll keep you posted on my tip experiments, because the way you're dripping (if you're dripping onto the wire, you're still dripping the atty, technically speaking), it would be much easier for you to twist off the tip and drip (and it RHYMES!). The reason I haven't given up on the whistle-tips just yet is because they're stylish; feel good in the mouth and the juice-sucking problem is less pronounced (and disappears altogether, AFAIK) as the carto dries a bit...

Glad you got some use out of my infantile, vapor ponderings...

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
Good luck with the whistle tips. I like the idea, but sounds like a lot of work. As far as dripping the KR, for anyone who is going to try it I recommend you do not try to drip on the wire. The design of the KR cart has that hole down the middle where the atty wire is and I've found that dripping into the hole really reduces the quality of the vape and, same as if you overfill the filler you are dripping on, you can get slurpy noises with reduced vapor production and leakage out the bottom.

Actually, come to think of it, I can't think of an atty where you ever drip direct on the wire coil - most open atty's have a mesh bridge over the top of the coil which you drip on and it directs the juice down beneath the coil, then when you draw you suck the juice up and it splatters on the coil.

With the KR there is no mesh bridge to drip on or press the filler against, the filler is just wrapped around the wire coil which has a little cloth wrapper on it that is in contact with the coil so when it heats it vaporizes the juice in the cloth.

I do recommend for everyone to try dripping on the KR mesh to keep it wet while vaping a pass thru. Whether the whistle tip works for you or not, keeping the filler moist at a higher voltage is a winning combo on the KR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread