directions for the components to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

slideaway

May 4, 2013
London, UK
Hi guys.
I need some direction for the components to buy.
I've been using so far only cigarettes type of models. I'm gonna switch to the ego type which is much bigger in dimensions but I would still like to keep it fairly small.
I think I will still use this website as I'm based in the UK.
Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

I've been thinking for the battery that in terms of dimensions, 650mah is the maximum I would go. So I have to choose between these two models. I don't know which one pick or which one is better
Kanger EVOD 650 Batteries £13.99 - Vaping Spares - Batteries & Passthroughs Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Joyetech eGo-C 650mah Upgrade Battery £13.95 - Vaping Spares - Batteries & Passthroughs Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

For the clearomiser I'm very confused. Like I said, nothing too big.
Kanger MT3 £5.50 - Vaping Spares - Tanks & Accessories Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Kanger T2 2.4ml Tank £4.95 - Vaping Spares - Tanks & Accessories Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Kanger T3 Bottom Coil Clearomiser £4.50 - Vaping Spares - Tanks & Accessories Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Vision Ego Rainbow V3 Rebuildable £4.95 - Vaping Spares - Cartomisers Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

And for the base?

I'm very confused so your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Ok just my general 2 cents on this

I have not used Kanger batterys but my 2 ego batterys are going strong after 9 weeks of vaping so I can recommend the ego with a clear conscience.

Because I like higher VG ejuices I prefer a bottom coil device. Only Kanger I have used is the protank which is pretty top heavy on an ego (and large). Many people like the Evods though I have not tried one. A bottom coil is going to be a cooler vapor.

In the realm of top coils I have used CE3s and CE5s. With thick juices I have to tilt and swirl alot to make sure the coil stays wet but they work well and are smaller for a more discrete vape.

Whatever you get get 2 of everything. 2 batterys, 2 juice devices(or more if you will be trying lots of flavors), and really 2 chargers.

Protank heads, evod heads, and CE5 heads can all be rebuilt if you want to go that route. Honestly though I would say get comfortable with vaping. You can always rinse the heads and dry them and stash them away for later when you are more comfortable with vaping and know what you want to do with rebuilding.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Ok. At the moment I just decided about the ego battery 650mah. What about the clearomiser and the heads? Have literally no idea.

It sort of depends on how close you want to stay to the slim cigalike look though an ego is larger. I personally would recommend at least one clearo that can take any sort of juice (citrus and cinnamon flavors can crack tank plastics). There are a couple of options there. The Kanger protank is glass and has replaceable heads BUT it is large. There is also the Vision vivi nova which as it comes out of the box will not take tank cracker juices but you can buy a metal tube for it separately. Once again it is a larger mod. I know they make a mini vivi nova but I do not know if there is a metal tube.

For just general everyday non tank cracking juices I use CE5 clearomizers.

I am hoping someone else chimes in here as I have no experience with many of the ones in your list.

slideaway

May 4, 2013
London, UK
It sort of depends on how close you want to stay to the slim cigalike look though an ego is larger. I personally would recommend at least one clearo that can take any sort of juice (citrus and cinnamon flavors can crack tank plastics). There are a couple of options there. The Kanger protank is glass and has replaceable heads BUT it is large. There is also the Vision vivi nova which as it comes out of the box will not take tank cracker juices but you can buy a metal tube for it separately. Once again it is a larger mod. I know they make a mini vivi nova but I do not know if there is a metal tube.

I am hoping someone else chimes in here as I have no experience with many of the ones in your list.

Basically one like this?
Innokin Dual Coil CE5 Clearomiser £4.99 - Vaping Spares - Cartomisers Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

Yep and those have replaceable heads as well. Just be careful what juice you put in them. Citrus juices and cinnamon will crack it.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-34.html#post8740263
for a list of know tank crackers the ECF denizens have come up with so far.

Edit: I would pick up several of them and extra heads for them.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

It is basically the same thing. Rebuildable just means replaceable heads. With your ego batterys I would pick the 1.8 ohm. Anything much over 2.2 your battery will not put out enough power to be a good vape.

Edit: If you go that way rinse, dry and store your old heads when they are no longer any good. Later in your vaping experience you might find you want to save a little money and recoil/rewick them yourself. THey are simple to do and there are many vidos on you tube. If you save your old ones you will have some to practice on and save some money on any you successfully rebuild. That is something to tackle later on though.

Last edited:

MsSummer

May 31, 2013
Tennessee

If you look at the Vivi Nova Mini, they do have metal tanks. :) I have the ProTank coming, but I'm looking at getting the Metal Mini Nova so I don't have to swap out my acidic juices.

slideaway

May 4, 2013
London, UK
They are also a few cm shorter than CE5s. You wouldn't be disappointed with the EVOD tanks!

Yes, that's what I was looking on google. I was trying to find pictures to see the differences in length of the two. the EVOD looks shorter. I might consider it for this reason too ;-)

I mean, if you vape at home, it doesn't really matter what you use, but when outside in a pub, or a bar, you can't carry a massive thing in your pocket.

slideaway

May 4, 2013
London, UK
Actually, I've found this image on google.
Seem like a 400ego battery, but what is on the top? Maybe a CE5 with a cover around.
It looks ok and small to carry.

Attachments

• 149646662.jpg
    149646662.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread