dis encouraging looks when switching to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzil

May 6, 2014
Israel
I remember the first week of vaping as very difficult , not because of getting used to life without stinkies but because of the attitude of other people , especially ex-smokers friends .

1 friend of mine really ...... me off , showing off with how he stopped smoking cold turkey ( but he also ignored the fact that he returned to smoking for few months and then had to start cold turkey all over again because of his cravings for smokes)....

anyway , 7 months passed since then and I stopped giving a rats [Moderated] about what others say about my vaping but back then it just made me want to smoke again .

How was it for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The only opinions I give a rat's patootie about are those of my family. My husband is COMPLETELY onboard with vaping; it's a lot cheaper than smoking and it doesn't stink, it also will probably allow him to continue having a wife for many years more than smoking would. He's been a real sport with my temporary return to light smoking, after my illness, but he's very eager for smoke-free to return, and is very pleased by my progress in that direction. He's my number-one cheerleader.

My aunt is also completely in favor of vaping instead of smoking; she had a few concerns, because of all the idiocy on TV, but she actually *listens* when I explain it to her, about the money and vested interests hating to lose their cash-cow. So she's my #2 cheerleader.

My mom was a bit more troublesome; she not only watches the news, she believes it like it's Holy Writ. I'm not sure she's totally convinced of the evil intent behind all the propaganda, but she seems to be going along with the "vaping is better than smoking" idea. So she is, maybe a bit a grudgingly, my #3 cheerleader.

My son was a bit concerned at first, because of all the propaganda, but he's firmly of the opinion that anything that can get his chimney mom to stop smoking is a true miracle, and deserves respect if not outright veneration. I think he's somewhere between #1 and #2 in his support.

Everyone else? They can kiss my hiney.

Andria

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My family and friends were just downright shocked that I quit smoking at all, no matter how I did it :)

Imho, ex-smokers (the kind that don't vape) are the worst critics. I have an ex-smoker aunt who used to drive me up a wall... I think, honestly, they have to maintain a very strict anti-smoking attitude to keep themselves from going back. You know how hard it is to quit, how would you handle it? It's unfortunate that it comes down on the rest of us, but that's the only way they can force themselves away from it.

rzil

May 6, 2014
Israel
My family and friends were just downright shocked that I quit smoking at all, no matter how I did it :)

Imho, ex-smokers (the kind that don't vape) are the worst critics. I have an ex-smoker aunt who used to drive me up a wall... I think, honestly, they have to maintain a very strict anti-smoking attitude to keep themselves from going back. You know how hard it is to quit, how would you handle it? It's unfortunate that it comes down on the rest of us, but that's the only way they can force themselves away from it.

I think it frustrate them non-smokers knowing that we are still enjoying throat hits and doses of nics while they don't allow themselves to .
Honestly , If I stopped smoking by the conventional ways it would drive me nuts too ...

That friend of mine that I mentioned (the ex-smoker) used to talk about smoking as if even thinking about it brings him orgasms , that's how much he wants to smoke :D

Last edited:

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
gosh...
About bitter (jealous?) ex-smokers: I just now posted this here in another thread on a similar subject:

Substitution. Not going without - but substitution.
To my mind, that is true for food (yes, snacking. But snacking on veggies and dip instead of potato chips), drink (yes, drinking. But drinking a tasty non-alcoholic drink instead of booze), nicotine consumption (yes, consuming nicotine. But consuming it in vapor instead of smoke). Substituting an unhealthy habit by a tasty, nice, satisfying thing. Instead of going without. Instead of depriving oneself. Deprivation will not work. It will only serve to make people bitter. Hard. Cold. And evil. Especially towards those who do enjoy nice things.
thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...85525-vaping-not-smoking-13.html#post13746023

seems to fit here, too.
There is nothing worse than "born again" apostles of any creed. - Deprivation, jealousy, "I cannot have it, so why should somebody else enjoy it?"

@rzil:
You make your own choices about your own life. It is your life. Period.
If people like it - good.
If they do not - their problem, not yours :p

clayU

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Missouri
my wife thinks I am crazy . I try to tell her I can tell the deference . I can breathe again . and yes it kind of makes me want to smoke . the other day I was out at break having a cig (my e pen had broken and was waiting for the mail) and some clown said what happened to your crack pipe. it was a new one for me .

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
my wife thinks I am crazy . I try to tell her I can tell the deference . I can breathe again . and yes it kind of makes me want to smoke . the other day I was out at break having a cig (my e pen had broken and was waiting for the mail) and some clown said what happened to your crack pipe. it was a new one for me .

Someone told me my sigelei+kayfun looked like that piece of paraphernalia. I just said, trust me, it doesn't look a bit like one of those. :D

Andria

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany

hahahahahaha :D
I must say that, as a 53-year-old lady, I have not heard that comment. (I would not have taken kindly to it, either ;) )
I do get a lot of comments about "is that a shisha?" or "wow, a portable shisha!". I kind of like those comments. 1. the people who comment know and like shishas :) and 2. I get to reply with a smile "Yeah, it's a lot like a shisha. But without the smoke"

I know my girlfriend's mom has asked me before if I've ever been pulled over for using my ecig in public... I didn't really know how to respond to that, lol, but I've never been pulled over by law enforcement, of course... Just curious fellow pedestrians.

My boss, however (ex-smoker) is a tough one. Back when I was still smoking occasionally, he'd complain when I smelled like cigarettes (which I get), and then once he found out that there was actually nicotine in my "weird little device" then he went on about how that was just to keep me addicted. Felt like going on a rant, but he is otherwise a wonderful boss and I don't want to ruin our working relationship by having to have the last word.
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I don't care what most people say but one day I was vaping as I came out of Starbucks and this lady just gave me a look like I was an idiot for vaping. I tried to talk to her about it but she said it was weird and I thought it was weird she would say that cause she had these great legs. Well she got in her car and I got in my car and followed her home. I rang her doorbell and tried to explain to her that it wasn't smoking, it was vapor and she was like "What, are you a freak? You followed me home? Go away!" And I was like, thats weird, how can she mean that? So I did what any rational person would do, I sat on her stoop, ordered a pizza delivered and ate it there until she decided to be reasonable. I fell asleep there over night until the morning when she opened the door and saw me and screamed. I was like "Come on lady, it's not smoke, it's vapor!" A few minutes later the police showed up and arrested me for stalking. I was like "Hey dudes, since when is it against the law to convince someone vaping is ok?" They said "Since you stalked her!" I said "I didn't stalk her, I did it in plain sight!" Well I didn't go to prison that time but she did get a restraining order. Some people just hate vaping. Weirdos.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I don't care what most people say but one day I was vaping as I came out of Starbucks and this lady just gave me a look like I was an idiot for vaping. I tried to talk to her about it but she said it was weird and I thought it was weird she would say that cause she had these great legs. Well she got in her car and I got in my car and followed her home. I rang her doorbell and tried to explain to her that it wasn't smoking, it was vapor and she was like "What, are you a freak? You followed me home? Go away!" And I was like, thats weird, how can she mean that? So I did what any rational person would do, I sat on her stoop, ordered a pizza delivered and ate it there until she decided to be reasonable. I fell asleep there over night until the morning when she opened the door and saw me and screamed. I was like "Come on lady, it's not smoke, it's vapor!" A few minutes later the police showed up and arrested me for stalking. I was like "Hey dudes, since when is it against the law to convince someone vaping is ok?" They said "Since you stalked her!" I said "I didn't stalk her, I did it in plain sight!" Well I didn't go to prison that time but she did get a restraining order. Some people just hate vaping. Weirdos.

Um......wait, what?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

These people are brainwashed into being driven by the idea that nicotine is the problem.

They can't help that they haven't learned the truth.
But they can be blamed if they aren't trying to learn the truth, or not listening to it when presented.

But as you say, they quit with the help of such brainwashing, and it would be very hard for them to consider they were wrong.
Especially when the actually succeeded in quitting smoking because of said brainwashing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread