Disabling the Battery cleaning cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
If you try to kill that you will probably also kill the blinking when the battery needs charging. Personally I don't think the cleaning cycle will hurt the atomizers. It only happens every 1500 puffs. I put a stress test on one with my SD and let it burn for 5 minutes until the battery started to get weak. It didn't burn out or taste bad and it's still working 2 weeks later.

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
I've just learned to live with it. Getting into the micro requires a bit of an investment and some time. Just not worth it.

I took an 801 battery apart to make a USB passthrough and was interested in what chip they used. Only marking on it was on the bottom which is either a date code or a custom part number :-(. Thought it might be a Motorola 68HC908QY4 (has the capabilities and the package) , but without the hardware to get at it and a development kit, I'll leave it at that :). After looking at the circuitry, it wouldn't be impossible to write code to get something like an AVR to do it, but, again, hell of a lot of effort for very little return IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread