The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Disappointed by strawberries

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Cptfunpants, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cptfunpants

Cptfunpants Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    I've had several different strawberry juices...all of which were not very good. I most recently had Bleeding Heart from HHV. Is Bleeding Heart similar to other strawberry juices? If so I think I'm going to avoid strawberry juices. I wanted to get a feel before I invest more in strawberry juice.

2. EleanorR

EleanorR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
    I believe the resident Strawberry Expert is Cinnamonkey; she has been over the moon lately with the various strawberry juices from Ahlusion.

Try Sweet Strawberry and/or Strawberry Vanilla Cake E-Liquid (w/ extra flavor option).

Good luck! :)

3. Buggs5347

Buggs5347 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Arizona
    What was it you didn't like about the strawberry juices you tried? Are you looking for authentic strawberry taste or more for strawberry candy flavor?

4. Cinnamonkey

Cinnamonkey Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2011
    Jasper, GA
    Hi Pat.

My favorite juices are actually of the strawberry variety. Ahlusion has some delectable ones on their site from Strawberry Vanilla Cake, Sweet Strawberry, Strawberry Cream, Strawberry Shortcake and I do adore their Pink Label juice. To me, they have the best and most complex strawberry juices out of all of the vendors I have tried. I didn't expect to be wowed over by them the way I have been..but I put my money where my vape is, and when it comes to complex, sweet, tart, fresh strawberries...Ahlusion slammed a homerun.

Ms. T's Bakery has a nice true to fruit Strawberry.

My HHV Bleeding Heart is still steeping. Going on 2 weeks now. So I have to be honest, to me it hasn't gotten to where I want it but I am not quite ready to give up on it yet.

Strawberry can be one of "those" flavors...hard to find the good ones..it took me a year and a half to get the zen strawberry and that was when I was about ready to toss my entire vaping supplies out the blasted window. Without trying to sound like a fangirl, Ahlusion was my "aha!!". YMMV, but don't give up. Eventually you are going to find what you are looking for. When you do, let me know..I am always up for a phenomenal strawberry vape.

Best of luck!!

5. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    Strawberry juice is hard to get right.

6. elmattias

elmattias Resident Miyagi Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    N'awlinz
    i also have not found any really decent strawberry flavors, however, raspberry is one of my favorite juice flavors overall (easily my favorite fruit flavor to vape), and almost all the vendors i've tried have decent raspberry.

7. Cptfunpants

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    Glad to hear that, I gave bleeding hearts sampler probably about a week to steep...most of the strawberries I've had either taste like strawberry medicine, or just some un-nameable terrible taste. I'll try out strawberry and cream as well as the Pink Label juice.

8. Cynder

Cynder Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2011
    Alaska
    I was on a strawberry flavor mission once several months back. It is a difficult flavor to get right. What have you tried so far? I never found one that I really liked. I came to the conclusion for me, that strawberry was better mixed with other flavors. I too have had many different strawberries. There is also one particular flavoring (not sure which company it comes from) that I absolutely cannot tolerate at all. I'm talking about the flavoring companies themselves, not e-liquid vendors.

Being an "expert" is a funny term for me, because my taste buds certainly do not agree with hers. :D I just figured they weren't for me and moved on. Good luck with your search though!

9. Cinnamonkey

May 29, 2011
    Jasper, GA
    Good thing I am just another lady on the forum who happens to like strawberry juices. :D I have been on the same searches as everyone else and I just happened to find something I think is my awesome. Lord knows if all our taste buds agreed, we wouldn't need so many vendors in the first place. Alas we have many, many, vendors..and I am just one of many throwing out there what works for me. :2c:

10. Cptfunpants

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    I have tried a fair amount of sites...not too many straight up juice vendors though. Vaporkings, Vaporkings, Vaporbomb, Juicyvapor, HHV (bleeding heart) just to name a few.

11. Cynder

Dec 7, 2011
    Alaska
    Yes, I know. I was only sharing my experience just like you were. ;)

12. Cynder

Dec 7, 2011
    Alaska
    I'd say of the ones that I tried, the closest was Ms T's Strawberry after a good steep. It still didn't hit the mark but of the ones I did try it was the best one. The biggest issue for me was the aftertaste I got from them, it just wasn't quite right.....

13. ninjuh

ninjuh Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2012
    Northwest Idaho
    Bob Marley Blood & Chuck Norris Blood from www.fuzionvapor.com

Both are a strawberry base, Marley is much stronger tho

14. Cinnamonkey

May 29, 2011
    Jasper, GA
    I remember you talking about this one the other evening Ninjuh. Those both have me intrigued, and the Gumby Blood sounds tempting as well. I have yet to find a good gummy bear vape, so it's very, very much on my to-do vape. Thanks for the heads up on this by the way. I'm always up for trying some good juices.

15. Cptfunpants

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    Yeah, that after taste is what killed bleeding heart for me...It barely tasted of strawberry but the after taste was some horrid something...not sure what it tasted like. This was surprising because all of HHV's juices I've tried have been quality. Even if I don't like the juice I could tell it was a well made juice. Gandalf for instance, not a fan, but there wasn't a foul chemical taste or something. They've all been fairly true to the description and the reviews....Maybe I got a bad batch?

16. Cinnamonkey

May 29, 2011
    Jasper, GA
    Good to know I am not going crazy. I thought it was just me. I am going to steep the heck out of this juice and see how it is after a few more weeks. Right now it's that aftertaste that is just killing it for me. Like you said, this was a surprise, because I really like her other fruits that I have tried and she has a very good Blueberry muffin.

17. Cynder

Dec 7, 2011
    Alaska
    Was it steeped? I haven't tried that particular flavor but I think many strawberry mixes do better with a bit of a steep.

18. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    I've tried a few flavor vendors but not for strawberry. I got that from TPA because I like their flavors and I like them. They tell you if a flavor is strong or weak and other details. Maybe some others do the same. I mixed a batch of strawberry/watermelon and I like it a lot but it is a weak flavor so I use more of it. Menthol, just a touch, brings out fruit flavors like crazy. If something taste a little weak, I usually try menthol and sometimes Koolada and it solves the problem. You won't taste the menthol.

Perfumers Apprentice - Fruit and Vegetable Flavors

19. ckone180

ckone180 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 22, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    AltSmokes Strawberry Banana Smoothie (new edition) is the only one I have liked so far. These two fruits are the hardest to get right for me but they did it.

I haven't tried Ahlusion yet though.

20. Cptfunpants

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    A whole week with the cap off. Every other day I'd shake it to mix it up again and give it two more days with the cap off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.