Disappointed in iclear 30s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustbuster

Sep 21, 2013
Ottawa
Let me preface this by saying that I own several of the original style iclear 30, and I am a huge fan of how they perform. Granted, I go through juice at an alarming rate when I'm using the iclear, but the flavor, throat hit, and giant clouds of vapour make it worth the extra juice.
Anyways, picked up an itaste vtr last week, which comes with the new style of iclear, the 30s (or is it s30? Doesn't matter really) I don't know if I got a bum unit, but this thing doesn't even come close to the original iclear performance wise. It gurgles, it leaks juice out the bottom, and worst of all, the flavor of my blueberry tobacco is muted to the point of almost being completely tasteless.
I don't know what they changed in there, there's a metal post in the middle that contains the wicks, not sure if the coil is the same or not. Anyways, it sucks. I'm super happy with the vtr itself, it is a powerful little device, it looks cool as hell, and at just under one pound of solid steel, it doubles as a blunt object. I am using one of my older iclears in it right now and it delivers one hell of a vape. Has anyone else found the new iclear s30 to be subpar? Did I just get a bum unit that slipped through the gaping cracks that are chineses quality control? Also, I haven't taken it apart yet and it's full of juice so I don't plan to just yet, so can someone tell me, are the replacement coils the same as the ones in the original iclear 30?

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
As far as I know, the coils are the same in the newer S model of the iClear 30. The casing on the outside of the head is the only notable difference in the design.

That said, most people on the forum (based on a casual reading of it) seem to prefer the new style of head. It's possible you just got a dud head. Happens.

Dustbuster

Sep 21, 2013
Ottawa
I enjoy cartos too, carto tanks even more, but I find the flavor in the iclear to be great when I crank it up to 7 or 8 watts. Burns through juice like crazy but I like big lungfuls of vapor and the iclear delivers on that.
Not the 30s though. I don't know why putting the wicks inside that center post has such a dramatic effect on flavor, but it does. I thought it might just be the juice as it was a fresh bottle that just arrived in the mail, but I tried the same juice in an old model iclear and it's got plenty of flavor. Blueberry tobacco by Juicy Clear. Mmmmmmm......

dwarfcat

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Grand Rapids MI
Picked up an itaste 30s today. I have never used the regular Itaste 30 so I cannot comment on difference. However, as of right now im enjoying the 30s. I seem to be getting good vape and flavor out of it. My protank lately has seemed to gum up a coil within 30 min of cleaning and dry burning. Im sure ill run into issues at some point but for right now no complaints.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
After trying to love the iClear 30, Protank 3, and then the iClear 30S, they are now all cleaned and packed away.
IMHO, a good cartomizer is superior in almost every respect. It seemed convenient to have a tank of juice always ready, but taste trumps convenience and switching a cargo is hardly an inconvenience.:2c:

I found that my Ibtanked fit in it just as good as the iClear30S or ProTank.
So you can use clearo's or carto's ... your choice

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
I was a huge fan of the iClear 30 and couldn't get anything else which I liked.
Then came the iClear 30S, tried it as soon as I got it i wasn't that impressed, took me a few weeks on and off it till it started to impress me a lot.
Now all I use are 2 of them, but they do leak a very little out of the bottom, usually once a day I have to un-screw it from my device and just give it a clean with some tissue.

So for me, I am loving it....

rynelson85

Sep 17, 2013
Wichita KS
I enjoy both the 30 and 30s... That said I predominantly use the 30s with MBV banana cream pie. All day vape flavor in a great vapor producing reliable package. I also have a cartotank and a few evod with me to switch flavors around but go through at least 2.5ml a day out of the 30s. I'm on my second coil in just over a month which is pretty reasonable life too IMO.

Dustbuster

Sep 21, 2013
Ottawa
After breaking in the 30s for a little over a week it seems to be performing much better. This seems to be the case with both the 30 and the 30s, as now that I think about it, I remember being underwhelmed by the 30 when I first got it. It also got better once I broke it in.
I have yet to find a better clearo than the iclear 30. Does it ever chug the juice though

Last edited:

Johnny Popular

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
New Mexico
My first iClear 30s head leaked and gurgled as well, so I got another. it looked cheap-o unmarked, bad casting, but let me tell you I've had it in there almost two months now and it has performed beautifully. No leaks or gurgles, huge clouds. They do seem to consume more juice than the original iC30. I then went back and bought that entire box of iC30s heads for spares. When I do have to switch it out I hope the rest are as good as this one.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
After trying to love the iClear 30, Protank 3, and then the iClear 30S, they are now all cleaned and packed away.

IMHO, a good cartomizer is superior in almost every respect. It seemed convenient to have a tank of juice always ready, but taste trumps convenience and switching a cargo is hardly an inconvenience.

:2c:

I couldn't agree more. Between me and 3 of my vaping employees I think I have tried every tank setup there is including the 30s and my carto tanks are superior by far.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
the iClear 30S, tried it as soon as I got it i wasn't that impressed, took me a few weeks on and off it till it started to impress me a lot.
Now all I use are 2 of them

JUST got my iClear 30s. I am SO disappointed in it...OK taste, minimal throat hit and minimal vapor...even at 10.5 Watts on my VV V3.

But your post gives me "hope"...so I won't throw it out the window quite yet.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Mine works great! I had one and liked it so much I bought a second. The second had a bad head so I ordered a pack and it works fine now. The 30S works for months on a single head for me. I get good flavor and a fulfilling lung full of vapor. I just clean them every week or two by soaking them for 24hrs in 91%+ alcohol in an ultrasonic cleaner that I run periodically throughout that time. I started off on a PT2 so the low maintenance and quality of vape is a godsend in contrast.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
I also love the iClear30s. The 30 gives me a tight vape but I prefer the more airy draw of the 30s. Overfilling will cause it to flood and when I'm 1 ml down on the juice I've found I need to roll the juice around to keep the coil wet. Great flavor but I can easily go thru 3 ml of juice at the rate of 1 ml per hour. A fully charged battery 2000 mAh battery will last me about 3 hours at 10 watts. BTW, the replacement of coils for the 30 are not the same as the 30s and one won't work in the other.

That's the good and bad of it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread