Disappointed in recent order = shelf life

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
I got an order yesterday of Ecopure Rich 20mg (40ml) and the expiration on the bottles are April 2011. :ohmy: 7 months????

Because Ecopure is VG and has EM I don't vape it that often (coats my throat bad) and seriously may not be able to vape it all before it expires. It was a gift from my son, so i'm really not happy. I also recommended a friend try Ecopure and his bottles expire in June 2011. We are both used to at least 1yr before expiration on new orders, if not 2 yrs.

what's the deal? thx

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
the problem is exactly what i stated. I can't vape it much. it's more of a treat juice for my stash. with the 7 month expiration date, i'm not going to be able to stash it, yet i can't vape it that fast. i have other juices that I vape regularly that aren't VG.

many ppl have problems with EM in volume .. and VG. I am one of them. I just wish the website (including intellicigs UK website) stated that their juice is not for longer term consumption. I wouldn't have told my son about it as a gift idea. With all their health info and claims of superior juice standards, you would think that would be an obvious thing to consider = shelf life.

before i order any juice from vendors in the future, i guess i will have to ask what the expiration date is. for ppl that stock up for longer term, they better be careful what they order.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
the problem is exactly what i stated. I can't vape it much. it's more of a treat juice for my stash. with the 7 month expiration date, i'm not going to be able to stash it, yet i can't vape it that fast. i have other juices that I vape regularly that aren't VG.

many ppl have problems with EM in volume .. and VG. I am one of them. I just wish the website (including intellicigs UK website) stated that their juice is not for longer term consumption. I wouldn't have told my son about it as a gift idea. With all their health info and claims of superior juice standards, you would think that would be an obvious thing to consider = shelf life.

before i order any juice from vendors in the future, i guess i will have to ask what the expiration date is. for ppl that stock up for longer term, they better be careful what they order.

Hi, have you contacted the seller regarding this?
If you bought it from intellicig-usa.com drop Frank an email.
Your liquid will be replaced by a bottle with a longer expiry date.
Although we use 1 year, most manufacturers agree that 2 years
is reasonable if kept sealed in a dark environment.

If you have any problems let me know and I will send you a bottle personally.
All you have to do is contact us directly.

Best wishes

John Chamley
Operations Manager

Intellicig & CN Creative Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)845 527 6115 | Email: john@intellicig.com | Web: Electronic Cigarette, Electric Cigarette, E-Cigarettes, E-Cig, E-Liquid,

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
What if I was too excited to check for the expiry date and now I don't have the original bottles anymore? :)
Is there any way to tell whether the juice has gone bad without waiting for the taste to turn totally horrible or to end up in the hospital? :p

When did you buy it and where from? You are unlikely to have any problems if you use it within 1 year from purchase date.
However, if you are mixing or cutting it with other juices and storing it in untested containers, I could not guarantee. Different materials might react to your mixture as with all compounds. It would not be a good idea to re-bottle it without keeping the safety warning label that comes with every bottle of ECOpure as it contains vital information, including total batch traceability, and helps, along with the CRC, to stop accidental ingestion and poisoning. Something to remember for the future?
John.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
Myself and another forumite chipped in 17 months ago for a 1 litre bottle of very high regular ecopure when intellicig were selling it through central trade in China. I'm still using my half of it and it still tastes the same as it did back then - lukewarm dishwater (only kidding). I honestly can't say I've noticed any difference at all and it's been sitting on a shelf in the bookcase all that time.

d0nj03

Jul 17, 2010
Romania
When did you buy it and where from?
July, from a reseller in Romania.

You are unlikely to have any problems if you use it within 1 year from purchase date.
Yeah, that's more or less what the reseller said yesterday. :)

However, if you are mixing or cutting it with other juices and storing it in untested containers, I could not guarantee.
I added about 20 drops of PGA to what were then 20ml of juice, in an attempt to up the TH. I didn't feel much difference except maybe a slight loss of taste (but that might well be from becoming used to it). But anyway, I should probably also take into account the expiry date of the PGA itself, so thanks for pointing it out.

It would not be a good idea to re-bottle it without keeping the safety warning label that comes with every bottle of ECOpure as it contains vital information, including total batch traceability, and helps, along with the CRC, to stop accidental ingestion and poisoning. Something to remember for the future?
Meh, I didn't give it much thought since usually I just read the label/leaflet once and commit to memory everything that seems important, after which I throw it away and keep only the part of the package that has the actual substance in it (I do the same with medicine, pills etc.). Plus I live alone, so there's no chance of anyone other than me coming into contact with the stuff.

Hi Juicefreak,

To give you a bit of background on ECOpure and our philosophy, we aim to provide the cleanest and most simple e-liquid available. As such we do not include stabilisers, additives, sensitising agents or acidity regulators, unlike other e-liquid which is available.
Our one year shelf life is based on the minimum which we would recommend, however the product should be quite safe for longer than the specified date. From our stability tests I can confirm that we have not found any harmful breakdown products present, and so all that you should expect to find is the flavour change slightly. There may also be a colour change from colourless to pinky or brown, but again there is no evidence to suggest that this would cause any harm.

Should you have any further questions/problems please do not hesitate to contact me: davidl@intellicig.com

Kind Regards

David Lawson
Regulatory and Laboratory Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread