Status
Not open for further replies.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Just FYI, I have a Reo mini and I *love* it. But guess what? There's a TON of Reo owners that use cartos with them. I'm not enthralled by the subtle taste change that cartos seem to have, but if you like em, use em, I say :)

Even tho I don't use them much these days, the convenience is hard to beat. So don't feel "left out"....feel "smug" :)

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
Just FYI, I have a Reo mini and I *love* it. But guess what? There's a TON of Reo owners that use cartos with them. I'm not enthralled by the subtle taste change that cartos seem to have, but if you like em, use em, I say :)

Even tho I don't use them much these days, the convenience is hard to beat. So don't feel "left out"....feel "smug" :)

I do feel "smug" now that I got this giant novel-of-a-rant out of my system. Much needed. Thanks for the support! I do want a Mod soon, when I'm ready for it, both vaping and financial wise :)

kot1rc5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2010
FL
I can't even afford one. That's my problem, but I appreciate your recommendation. When I can afford one, I really want the Mini! :vapor: But that won't be for a long while. The 510-T was supposed to be my initial upgrade...
I was spending more that $120 on 2 cartons of kools a month or $160 by the pack. Now thinking of it that way a $140 REO doesn't seem that expensive, now does it......

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
I was spending more that $120 on 2 cartons of kools a month or $160 by the pack. Now thinking of it that way a $140 REO doesn't seem that expensive, now does it......

It really doesn't, but then again I was a pack-a-day buyer, and never allowed to get cartons. I would have chain-smoked them GONE. I've decided that my change jar is dedicated to buying a Mini. I add at least a dollar a day into it, so I have at LEAST 75 in there now :) Thank you for your honesty, it definitely made me think about why I quit analogs in the first place :laugh: :vapor:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Ray, I'm here to tell you that if it ain't broke, don't fix it! If carts are working for you and you like them, then who are we to tell you different? When I first joined this forum I would swear up and down that I hated cartomizers and wasn't ever going to use them. The CE2's almost made that true. I had better things to do than find time to fiddle and mod anything. But, carts weren't really working for me either and at one point, I almost gave up on vaping altogether.

Here I am today...using IKV cartos, dripping and loving vaping again. I know there are a lot of people who understand when I say that I wasted a lot of bucks buying "the latest greatest" vaping gear. Was it worth it? HELL YEAH! It's been a fun, tasty, bumpy road but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: If it works, use it! If you like it, then nothing else really matters. IF IT TASTES GOOD, THEN VAPE THE HELL OUT OF IT!

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
"If it aint broke don't fix it" a truer adage there has never been...having said that I fully understand the quest for the best vape or even a better vape.

My suggesttion to you my friend (and I mean that quite sincerely) is when you try something new go into it with the attitude that you have something that works for you so if you find something that works better its a bonus and if you don't...? Well at least now you know. Keep your chin up and feel free to sound whiney and/or .....y its all part of the game my friend. (((hugs))).

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I am sorry about your loss. I'd probably go back to analogs for a bit, if I had a loss in the family or friends. *hugs* Yes, I love my carts, I just couldn't bring myself to realize it. Thanks for the support! How much is the Buzz?

The Buzz is $100 the Pro series will be out in a couple of weeks

dzlady

ECF Veteran
I have a 510 and use carts. So you're not alone out there. I've thought about trying this or that...the tanks the cartos, but my theory....if its not broke, dont fix it! I want an 801 because its supposed to burn cooler and not burn off the flavor of those light flavors, especially fruits. But I live on a fixed income, so I like what I have...and all I have to buy is attys and juice, when I need them. Not a big expense!

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I have a friend who uses carts -- but the big fat ones with the ego type batteries. She's been with that and the same flavor juice for over a year and 1/2 -- two years total on PVs. She's happy as a clam and only mildly curious about the new stuff. (Somewhere it is called a Mega)

My #1 suggestion -- get some of the bigger batteries when you get a chance. (ego type--650 mah or more) Having batteries that last more than minutes (it seemed it was minutes) made a world of difference for me. I think they are pretty economical too since you can use tons of atty/cart/cartomizer set ups.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
I tried all of the latest and greatest things....and I feel like a chump for throwing so much money away. The Vortex's were ok, but the clearomizers/fluxomizers/tanks- meh. You're not missing anything.
Thanks :) I know I should be happy with what I have, and I am :vapor: I just didn't think I was. Are you a dripper or a cart-user? I don't really mind dripping, but it's a once in the blue moon ordeal for me.

Ray, I'm here to tell you that if it ain't broke, don't fix it! If carts are working for you and you like them, then who are we to tell you different? When I first joined this forum I would swear up and down that I hated cartomizers and wasn't ever going to use them. The CE2's almost made that true. I had better things to do than find time to fiddle and mod anything. But, carts weren't really working for me either and at one point, I almost gave up on vaping altogether.

Here I am today...using IKV cartos, dripping and loving vaping again. I know there are a lot of people who understand when I say that I wasted a lot of bucks buying "the latest greatest" vaping gear. Was it worth it? HELL YEAH! It's been a fun, tasty, bumpy road but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: If it works, use it! If you like it, then nothing else really matters. IF IT TASTES GOOD, THEN VAPE THE HELL OUT OF IT!

:) You're amazing, WoH. I remember talking to you when I juuuust started to vape and joined ECF and I had NO idea what the .................. world was like at all! I thought the 510 was the most advanced PV and then I saw someone talking about a juice-box mod, 5v things, and voltage changers and my jaw dropped! :) Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it :)

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
Ray as everyone say's if it ain't broke...........
I've lost count of the amount of mods I've had and I did have times when I thought I'd never be happy and like with you It took me 6months to find a juice I really liked.
Hang in there my man.
You'll enjoy the Reo.
John
I'm excited to hear a lot about the Reo and its awesome vaping powers! :vapor: Whoa, six months is a lot! When I first started, I tried Vaporbomb. The flavors I had actually gotten I didn't care for except for my Blackberry/Passion Fruit mix that I still vape today. Then I saw a sample bottle of peach and tried it probably 5 days later and I was instantly hooked! It's still my all day vape :vapor: What flavor is your "all day"?

"If it aint broke don't fix it" a truer adage there has never been...having said that I fully understand the quest for the best vape or even a better vape.

My suggesttion to you my friend (and I mean that quite sincerely) is when you try something new go into it with the attitude that you have something that works for you so if you find something that works better its a bonus and if you don't...? Well at least now you know. Keep your chin up and feel free to sound whiney and/or .....y its all part of the game my friend. (((hugs))).
*Hug* :) It's like we're all on an epic quest to find the treasure of PV nirvana! I guess my avatar works then, eh? And you are a friend indeed, and I am thankful to have so many friends here. It is the nicest feeling to know that we're not alone with the struggle over quitting analogs AND being able to manage and maintain our PVs! :)

Last edited:

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Using a $28 box mod with an 801. I drip the old school way. No drip tip or anything. The best control. Each hit is now
nearly 100% predictable. Wouldn't change it for the world.

This is about finding something you enjoy, not being in or out of a loop. You can go to/start a local meet in order to
try new vaping experiences and then act based on your likes/dislikes and pocket.

All the best!

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
hey raynen !

you hang in there !

i wish i had a reo to give you, but alas, dont even have one myself

better days are comin, promise

gervis
Aww! Thank you! :D If I had a treasure of Reos, everyone would have at LEAST three of them! :lol: :vapor: Except for any FDA smokers. Nope, they get the worst-tasting analogs :evil: Serves them right though, huzzah!

The Buzz is $100 the Pro series will be out in a couple of weeks
I'll check it out, thank you! :vapor:

I have a 510 and use carts. So you're not alone out there. I've thought about trying this or that...the tanks the cartos, but my theory....if its not broke, dont fix it! I want an 801 because its supposed to burn cooler and not burn off the flavor of those light flavors, especially fruits. But I live on a fixed income, so I like what I have...and all I have to buy is attys and juice, when I need them. Not a big expense!
That's basically my situation. My goal now is if I have spare change, it goes to the 'anything donation change jar' and use that for a Reo mod or a ProVari or Buzz. :) I love my 510s and carts and it just honestly took trial and error for me to realize that this really works for me, and I couldn't be happier! And cheers :toast: to another 510 user!

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
I have a friend who uses carts -- but the big fat ones with the ego type batteries. She's been with that and the same flavor juice for over a year and 1/2 -- two years total on PVs. She's happy as a clam and only mildly curious about the new stuff. (Somewhere it is called a Mega)

My #1 suggestion -- get some of the bigger batteries when you get a chance. (ego type--650 mah or more) Having batteries that last more than minutes (it seemed it was minutes) made a world of difference for me. I think they are pretty economical too since you can use tons of atty/cart/cartomizer set ups.
:laugh: Typocinnamongrl is determined to get me to upgrade to at LEAST the 510 Mega batts. I have like... 4 gonna be 6 batts soon of the 510s and they last me a good while. I'm a moderate, somewhat of a chain-vaper (usually on ECF or when I'm working on my novels or short stories) so they last me, but it just might be time to upgrade a bit. :) One flavor with your friend?! Oh man when I saw what was out there I looked like a four year old in the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory! :vapor: But lesson learned for me, stick to what works :)

Using a $28 box mod with an 801. I drip the old school way. No drip tip or anything. The best control. Each hit is now
nearly 100% predictable. Wouldn't change it for the world.

This is about finding something you enjoy, not being in or out of a loop. You can go to/start a local meet in order to
try new vaping experiences and then act based on your likes/dislikes and pocket.

All the best!
What's your Mod? Sounds like it might suit my fancy, financially.

I think what's happening is I'm procrastinating on just getting a dang juice-box Mod :laugh: but I just really needed to rant to let it all out. I feel much better and I am happy that ECF is here for when I'm seriously close to falling off the wagon! :vapor: I do want to throw a vaping event in CT, even though there was one back in February that I somehow missed :facepalm:

Mr.BeSoBeautiful

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2011
Buffalo, NY
My story is almost the same as yours. One recommendation i would make is to get an ego batt they run $12.00-15.00 and like many have said already all your attys and carts can be used on an ego. I'm still on a mission to find the perfect vape as well and am on a budget too so i just set a $50.00-60.00 limit per month which is way better that the $165.00 i was spending on analogs. once things start to fall into place i plan on saving some of my budget each month until i find the right mod for me. until then i use some of my budget on trying new things i've done cartos and now i'm in the process of deciding if clearomizers are right for me. Thats part of the fun if you will of vaping trying new things trying to piece the puzzle together to create the perfect vape. I fell off the wagon a few times but with the help of all the great people on the forum i have hopped back on. You'll be surprised how things will fall into place then you can have the OMG my life just changed thread instead of the rant and you'll appreciate the journey all the more.

I loved my 510's too- and was happy with the vape-

I DID the the tank thing- for me it was more of a 'that cotton isnt giving me ALL my juice'... LOL

I DID switch to the Riva- I got a 30% OFF coupon and use it for one. THAT is where I fell in love- I am happy with my riva- and I switched to fluxomizers. and I have used every carto and cart out there-

I think I am happy here- Sure I know I could get more out of a 5v- and one day I might try one- but right now, I am just getting riva batts and enjoying them. I am even thinking about giving up my 510's. I really dont use them anymore- Its the battery life that I love.

but heck, I am a simple girl. and learned to be happy being poor along time ago-

For me it kinda mirrors real life- I live on a farm, still do most things 'the old way' and am happy being me. I have friends who live the 'city life' massages, mani pedi's- Shopping the big city, someone cleaning their car on a weekly basis- I do my own nails, buy stuff on clearence from walmart or tractor supply, and make whichever kid was the worst this month clean out my big old truck.

JUST now for the first time in my life (like 2 months ago) got something other than 25.5kbm dial up- and I have been on the computer for over a decade. LOL it worked for me- and honestly, there are days I miss it- sure it was slow- BUT, I never got booted!! or had to call tech support 8 times in ONE week!!

I guess my point is- sometimes, we NEED to keep things simple- would I love an Ipad? maybe- am I happy with my laptop? heck yeah- I can sit on the porch and listen to the chickens (while they are still in the coop and not the cook pot) while I surf the net :) I am sure there is a mod out there for me- BUT- if I am happy with my pen looking Riva- then thats good enough :) until that goofy woman at 4-H picks it up again and ends up throwing it away because she thinks its a pen that doesnt work.....

As long as it keeps me from the marlboros- I am good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread