Disappointment with the black itaste134 anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Mcroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
First off im a fan of itaste series. I use my Itaste SVD more than any other VV/VW mod that I own or have owned in the past. (Which is alot). Its built very well, heavy enough to attack an intruder without it even being phased by it, if someone happends to break in and all you have around is your mod. Ah, now you may ask, well why would I start a thread with disappointment about the new itaste in the title. I will tell you young padawan. The black version on the itaste 134 is big, that im ok with. Its got no screen and is just vw. That im ok with. What screws it up for me is the dial is made of plastic and just doesnt feel quaility made and the middle body section of the new 134 isnt ss. Its some type of plastic. Granted its got metal everywhere else, the main body section is freakin plastic on the black model atleast. That in combination with the cheap feeling black dial just killed it for me. The base is cool. The gatling gun inspired bars surrounding the body are cool, but why not go all the way and make the black one out of gun metal or atleast metal. Kills it for me that the body and dial are plastic. Does anyone know if the silver model is actually ss. If so thats the way to go with this mod IN MY OPINION (b4 I get flamed by upset new owners). Guess thats it, I just had higher expectations from the pictures, plus from the SVD build quality. Id still pick my up my SVD before the 134 unfortunatly.

Thanks for listening,
Gary and his soon to be flamed opinions

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
use it, sell it, keep it as a back-up, or put it in a glass case on your coffee table for display. those are your choices. it seems a lot of money for a so-so mod at best. I am guessing that what attracted you to it is the LOOK- so look at it. sorry if that seems harsh, but I think getting a provari is overspending and at least it is dependable and solidly built. guess with all the plastic you can't say that about the 134. live and learn.......

Davetampa

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Tampa
here's a perspective....
I've been eyeing this model for purchase. The 134 design compared to GP Paps, Nemesis and all the other multi C-Note rigs (which all look like cylinders more or less as posted throughout the entire 2100 page "show us your setup" thread) is wicked, masculine, authentic and technically intricate. Both the SS and SS/Black look awesome. They look like they would feel awesome. They take a multitude of tank and tank types. I envy you.

Now u got a problem with a little plastic?

I imagine its like supercar or Golf Club design today. In a few years there will be Mods with actual Carbon fiber housings, Kevlar mixed with metals, voice activated wattage control, shaped like ninja weapons and whatever else can be "envied". Face it, its cool jewelry for us to enjoy. If you dont like it sell it to me to like.

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
What's up pony tail? I'm sorry you don't like your new 134. Seriously, 'cause I like mine. I have the SS version. I thought the black one didn't look as good as the SS one. The black looked cheap to me, like a bad paint job. I have no idea if mine has any plastic. It all looks like metal to me. I'm pretty sure the main body, battery tube is metal. The button may or may not be metal, but it looks like metal. The control ring looks the same as the rest of the SS. If anything on mine looks funny, it's the base. it's shiny, whereas the rest is more brushed SS looking. I wish they had made the base less shiny so it would have matched a little better, but don't think it's that big a deal. In any case, based on the weight, I don't think there can be very much plastic. This thing is heavy.

I also have a Vamo V3, a Kamry K200, a Provari, two mech mods, and several other devices, and the 134 is my favorite for home use. I usually take the Provari with me. Although when I have taken the 134 out it's been a huge hit. I just love the feel of it, and the hefty weight. The rotatable drip tip on the itaste 30 makes vaping easy and looks great on the 134 IMO. I wish I had those on all my PT2's.

Anyway, that's my story.

best regards, larry mac

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
use it, sell it, keep it as a back-up, or put it in a glass case on your coffee table for display. those are your choices. it seems a lot of money for a so-so mod at best. I am guessing that what attracted you to it is the LOOK- so look at it. sorry if that seems harsh, but I think getting a provari is overspending and at least it is dependable and solidly built. guess with all the plastic you can't say that about the 134. live and learn.......

With all due respect, I'd like to say since you don't own either a Provari or an Innokin itaste 134, you're not really qualified to make any opinions of them, ie. you don't really know what your talking about. IMO, they're both worth every penny!

best regards, larry mac

Last edited:

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I don't personally own a 134 but I would like to. Innokin has two more versions being released soon with interchangeable bodies. I'm hoping that the original model comes down in $$$ a bit after they flood the market. As far as being a so-so mod, I think that Innokin has been quite innovative and they went over the top with the 134. It's definitely a "one of a kind" PV. I was slightly turned off by the plastic ring but it's a minor nitpick. That's all I got...I'm going back to vaping my new "overpriced" ProVari.....

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
With all due respect, I'd like to say since you don't own either a Provari or an Innokin itaste 134, you're not really qualified to make any opinions of them, ie. you don't really know what your talking about. IMO, they're both worth every penny!

best regards, larry mac
wrong, ownership doesn't bestow the right to have opinions: having a brain does. I can have lots of opinions about things I don't own just as you do. in fact, one of the reasons I don't own an itaste 134 or a provari is because ,in my opinion, I don't need or want one. I noticed you can get an 134 for a lot less than they originally were priced at, so I guess a lot of people must have the same uninformed opinion as I do- overpriced, nothing special mod. wanna bet they don't last unless they drastically improve the features? doesn't even have an ohm checker. glad you like it, but I don't have to buy it to opine that I don't.......

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
wrong, ownership doesn't bestow the right to have opinions: having a brain does. I can have lots of opinions about things I don't own just as you do. in fact, one of the reasons I don't own an itaste 134 or a provari is because ,in my opinion, I don't need or want one. I noticed you can get an 134 for a lot less than they originally were priced at, so I guess a lot of people must have the same uninformed opinion as I do- overpriced, nothing special mod. wanna bet they don't last unless they drastically improve the features? doesn't even have an ohm checker. glad you like it, but I don't have to buy it to opine that I don't.......

Notice I didn't say you don't have the right to express an opinion on something you don't actually have any first hand experience with. I said you're not qualified. You say the reason you don't own one is you don't need or want a Provari or 134. Then why are you going out of your way to poo poo them. lol. I've got plenty of other devices that have an ohm checker. Big deal. I don't need one on my 134. I just need it to be big, bad, and burn juice when I press the big bad ... fire button. It does that just fine. You say you don't like it, but how do you really know?

I say put your money where your mouth is. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you. I got mine from Discount Vapors for $139. Two people have already posted deals as low as $115.

best regards, larry mac

Davetampa

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Tampa
well Gary...I got one in Black 2 weeks ago from the Classifieds here used. I like it, I may even put a kayfun or russian on it later. Yes the dial is plastic ...but its the color contrast I like about black and ss together. The dial numbers are tough to see in low light...downside a bit for me. I think the center tube is a sleeve of plastic over a metal casing for the battery. Take the battery out and look inside the tube. Anyway, I will go after the mini version as well once it gets stocked into the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread