• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Disassemble/Clean Lambo Lavatube 2.0 (with Video!) And I need help for repairs of this (just soldering)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
I made a video trying to put on a Singlish/Singapore accent, so don't flame it for it cause I feel awkward. But here's me disassembling my Lambo LT 2.0.

Problem: My LT's fire button wasn't working so well, so I figured that it did be the connections with the wires. Figured that a simple super glue or UHU glue would work. And in the end, I screwed it up big time by, umm, dropping it. My karma has been served now. Currently using an eGo Batt. All it requires is a really thin wire and some soldering so I was just wondering whether any bros are welling to help me out with this, or can recommend me a place to get this repaired cheap? I am really devastated.

I made a video trying to put on a Singlish/Singapore accent, so don't flame it for it cause I feel awkward. But here's me disassembling my Lambo LT 2.0.

Problem: My LT's fire button wasn't working so well, so I figured that it did be the connections with the wires. Figured that a simple super glue or UHU glue would work. And in the end, I screwed it up big time by, umm, dropping it. My karma has been served now. Currently using an eGo Batt. All it requires is a really thin wire and some soldering so I was just wondering whether any bros are welling to help me out with this, or can recommend me a place to get this repaired cheap? I am really devastated.

just go buy a soldering iron and DIY, should be quite easy. if you never solder before, youtube should have some clips which might be useful for you.

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
so fast problem with the lt ah linkin20? haha. thought you just bought like few days back nia!

I got it somewhere in mid-June. Didn't even last me a month T___T

just go buy a soldering iron and DIY, should be quite easy. if you never solder before, youtube should have some clips which might be useful for you.

Yeah I did some research, but it is a bit tricky to get it in to solder :( and I still have to get a wire for that stuff. I think my best chance is to find someone that can do it for me cause I am really a noob :(

Since its new why didnt you send it back for warranty replacement, but since you opened it yourself does that void the warranty?

I kind of broke the wire and it is quite obvious .__. and I got it local so I don't think I did be able to get it repaired.

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
Firstly u gotta find someone that is able to remove that UHU residue without acetone. acetone effectively screws up the green masking and causing the PCB tracks to corrode prematurely when exposed to air.

Seriously for that effort to resolder the thing back it's better to get a new set.... Seriously

I tried repairing my EGO cos of broken wires due to my itchy hands and I gave up after 2 hours.

Not that it's not do-able. I just can't justify repairing it. I have yet to see MIC stuff with good soldering given the amount of MIC stuff I've taken apart just to find cold joints.

I can't call myself a soldering expert but I do make some kick ... joints.:p

Last edited:
if you got any friends who studied electrical/electronis/mechantronic before, they should have been taught soldering before. Seek their help if possible. alternatively, if you dun mind, any computer repair shop should be able to do the job since this is just minor soldering work. or go to the higher level on sim lim tower and I am sure you will be able to find shop which will be able to do it.

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
u can try to evaporate the UHU residue using the heat from a soldering iron. So glues do evaporate @ hi temperature

For that type of PCB u need a 30 watt iron(to prevent heat damage to the rest of the board) with 0.2mm solder.

both items u can get it for less than $30 at Sim Lim Tower. Remember to get de-soldering wick(1.5mm-2.0mm is sufficient) just in case u need to de-solder anything. Pumps don't work very well given the amount of real estate

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
if you got any friends who studied electrical/electronis/mechantronic before, they should have been taught soldering before. Seek their help if possible. alternatively, if you dun mind, any computer repair shop should be able to do the job since this is just minor soldering work. or go to the higher level on sim lim tower and I am sure you will be able to find shop which will be able to do it.

Thanks! Think I shall go and check it out tomorrow :)

u can try to evaporate the UHU residue using the heat from a soldering iron. So glues do evaporate @ hi temperature

For that type of PCB u need a 30 watt iron(to prevent heat damage to the rest of the board) with 0.2mm solder.

both items u can get it for less than $30 at Sim Lim Tower. Remember to get de-soldering wick(1.5mm-2.0mm is sufficient) just in case u need to de-solder anything. Pumps don't work very well given the amount of real estate

And Since I'm there tomorrow, if I can't get it repaired, imma just go ahead with these DIY. Pretty good at this sort of stuff so I hope my steady works! And thanks for the tips :)

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
Oh yes by the way;

If you all are curious, the LAMBO LT I got has very poor PCB and wire connection. If you can do soldering, go and re-do. Firstly, the wire wasn't soldered but glued on. Secondly, the PCB is really poor quality. Really poor quality. But re-soldering really makes everything better :) Just my honest opinions on the Lambo.

yummy1984

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
Thailand
Why am I not surprised?

I have not seen the internal of LT yet but I find the button on my LT has the tendency to get "struck".

Oh yes by the way;

If you all are curious, the LAMBO LT I got has very poor PCB and wire connection. If you can do soldering, go and re-do. Firstly, the wire wasn't soldered but glued on. Secondly, the PCB is really poor quality. Really poor quality. But re-soldering really makes everything better :) Just my honest opinions on the Lambo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread