Disneyland Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
just got back from Disneyland , and i made sure to ONLY vape in the smoker areas. Not one time could i sit down without almost every smoker there asking me what the thing with the blue light was that i was smoking.

it was like a vaping seminar every time i sat down. In retrospect i wish i had brought some business cards that i always get from suppliers.

the funny thing is , the first time i ever saw someone vaping was at Disneyland almost a year ago and not even in a smoking area... this guy was vaping in a ride LINE!

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
I am heading to Disney World in the near future and I was wondering if I would be able to vape or if I would have to go to designated smoking areas.

I was sort of hoping to be able to vape as I wished and blow it inside of a very loose Micky shirt, so no one sees anything. LOL

One thing that is great... it feels SO good to go some place and not worry about a hotel that allows smoking anymore! Heck, in Disney World, you can't even smoke outside on your own balcony! Unreal.

So glad I don't have to worry about that anyore. ;)

MarthaT

Moved On
Jul 23, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
I am heading to Disney World in the near future and I was wondering if I would be able to vape or if I would have to go to designated smoking areas.

I was sort of hoping to be able to vape as I wished and blow it inside of a very loose Micky shirt, so no one sees anything. LOL

One thing that is great... it feels SO good to go some place and not worry about a hotel that allows smoking anymore! Heck, in Disney World, you can't even smoke outside on your own balcony! Unreal.

So glad I don't have to worry about that anyore. ;)

yeah vaping in the hotel room is the best. a few times i did vape while we were eating , but i just held the vapor in longer and then exhaled nothing.

camidaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
A, A
www.facebook.com
I vaped ALL day at Six Flags at Arlington today. They make it convenient with all of the water mist machines. Did not do it in any of the actual ride lines but everything else was fair game.

Vaping in a non-smoking room is even better...it was about 3 weeks ago that my wife and I were having to throw shoes on and go down to the parking garage at the hotel to smoke so I am truly enjoying the new freedom to stay in the room now.

Also, (it was a great vaping weekend for me) at the Astro's game Friday night. I was a little more inconspicuous and would exhale into my beer as I would take a drink. Friday night is Fireworks night so once the lights went down and the show started...

Meltbanana

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.youtube.com
Just thinking... the guy inside the Mickey custome can vape easily... or not?? :cool::cool::cool:

They'd probably get annoyed by having to hold the pv in their mouth for that long. Not to mention it might make breathing a little bit harder. I'd be more focused on not having a heat stroke than vaping.

Besides, they get switched out every 15 minutes or so because of the heat. Plenty of vape breaks for Mickey:D

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Lucas, Texas
just got back from Disneyland , and i made sure to ONLY vape in the smoker areas. Not one time could i sit down without almost every smoker there asking me what the thing with the blue light was that i was smoking.

it was like a vaping seminar every time i sat down. In retrospect i wish i had brought some business cards that i always get from suppliers.

the funny thing is , the first time i ever saw someone vaping was at Disneyland almost a year ago and not even in a smoking area... this guy was vaping in a ride LINE!

DUDE I WAS JUST AT DISNEY LAND!
the one in california right?
I was there last weekend... aww man I wish I would have seen you I would have shaken your hand. You are the one who helped me decide to start doing video reviews.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Grimm,
I have to say, I commend you for using the smokers area- I am an analog smoker & new vaper (very new vaper)
We are Disney members and our last vacation it was tough- needing a smoke and having to find a smoking area BUT, w/ having kids myself and the fact that Disney is primarily a family place- I had already told my husband - at Disney we can stay in our room to vape versus having to go outside- but in the parks, still at smoking area- Just so kids don't get the wrong idea- It is still not safe- safer, yes- But not something that should be exploited to kids- even as a smoker I would never let my kids get the fake candy cigs and bubblegum cigars because I don't want them to have this bad habit-
Again, all for vaping for myself and hubby- but I don't expect my kids to try vaping because it is not a cigarette-nor do I want them to think it is safe- Just like I wouldn't want them chewing nicotine gum... the main thing they are curious about is how it will effect them versus the cigs we smoke and how it will effect us- We haven't smoked in our house for about 13 yrs- won't let them be around us in the garage when we do smoke, etc-
I just commend that you kept it to an "adult" area- if a kid sees then it is in an appropriate spot so as not to send the wrong message-
Thank-you for being conscientous!

Badbeams3

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Tampa
My suggestion would be to get some red spray paint and paint a PV red. Buy a cup of Disney coffee (they have great tasting coffee BTW). Rinse and dry the cup out...stick the now red PV "straw" through the lid and vap away. "WOW...this coffee sure is HOT...its great!"...comments like this might be usefull when standing in crowded lines with steam/vapor clouds rolling out your mouth :p

Buy the small coffee...might have to put a rag or something in the bottom of the cup to keep the "straw" from falling in ;)

I love Disney...Sea world...theme parks in general...have a year pass to Disney World...:rolleyes:

Ken

LadyPamela

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Bay Area, California
I was with my sister who smokes so when she went to the smoking areas I did too. Not one person asked me anything but I did get some looks. I also vaped in lines but I held my 510 in my fist to cover the light and I slowly let out the vapor so that it wasn't really noticeable. I have two of them so my sister was using one of them between her smokes.

Spent two days on the Queen Mary and I vaped in the lounge and most anywhere, doing the same thing but not so carefully as I did at Disneyland. Some people looked but no one said anything.

I will be heading to Disney World in Orlando In 2 weeks, and I will be using mine anywhere. I used my electronic cigarette in a club called House Of Blues which was at Downtown Disney and I smoked it right in front of the bouncer. He came running and said I couldn't smoke inside. Then I unscrewed the cartridge and told him it was electronic. His exact words " Oh its one of those electronic things? Ok you can smoke it in here. True story

HighHeeledGoddess

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Do you know what is funny? You guys are talking about not vaping in front of other people's kids (which is commendable), but I doubt most kids would know what you are doing. In addition to that, one of the things that has motivated me to go digital is that my 5y/o was starting to ask me if she could have a cigarette, "to be like mommy" :cry:.

The nice thing is, she keeps making a point of reminding me how stupid I look with a flashlight hanging out of my mouth. I just say, "Yes, and I looked even stupider when I had stinky burning leaves hanging out of my mouth." ;)

MrNYFC

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
New York
www.vaporflow.com
That's the only thing about vaping in public; it's great to spread the word, but EVERYONE wants to know about it. So if you're in a hurry, plan to spend some time explaining what you are doing!

In the event they have heard about ecigs from the media, you'll need to dedicate a few minutes to dispelling what they "heard" on the accuracy-obsessed Fox networks ;)

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
We went to disneyland last month, I stealth vaped in all the ride lines and all over the park until it started raining and there was no hiding the vapor. I also went to smoking areas when it was convenient. As usual no one said a thing. When we were waiting for a tram outside the park I vaped openly and the tram operator got all spooked. He's like "there are cameras everywhere and if they see me talking to you while you're smoking I could get in trouble" I explained what it was, but refrained from vaping until we were away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread