Status
Not open for further replies.

udave

ECF Veteran
This isn't really a review, more of an inside view of a working disposable cartridge/atomizer combo. This one is a smoke51 cart that I took apart after getting that burnt taste that most loongtotem compatible users are familiar with. This thing smelled horrible when I opened it up and you can see why with that wick burnt onto the atomizer coil.

I know Dustin showed this in his video review but I wanted a more detailed look and thought that some other users might as well. I also took apart an epuffer cartridge without damaging it, the insides were the same except the wire color. I hope these pics help others to see exactly what is going on inside these cartridges.

I love the vapor you get from this style and once you refill with some good liquid the throat hit and flavor are nice too. Maybe now that bloog and red dragon are offering a compatible style we'll have some decent suppliers of these things.

udave-albums-loongtotem-smoke51-eaze-magnum-cartridge-picture347-case-off.jpg

udave-albums-loongtotem-smoke51-eaze-magnum-cartridge-picture348-atomizer-wires-wrapped.jpg

udave-albums-loongtotem-smoke51-eaze-magnum-cartridge-picture349-unrolling-main-filling.jpg

udave-albums-loongtotem-smoke51-eaze-magnum-cartridge-picture350-coil-actually-wrapped-separate-piece.jpg

udave-albums-loongtotem-smoke51-eaze-magnum-cartridge-picture351-burnt-wrap-around-atomizer-coil.jpg

udave-albums-loongtotem-smoke51-eaze-magnum-cartridge-picture352-coil-charred.jpg

udave-albums-loongtotem-smoke51-eaze-magnum-cartridge-picture353-all-pieces.jpg

udave

ECF Veteran
Nice pictures and I'm impressed how cleanly you dissected it! Would it be possible to clean the coil and re-wrap it with fresh filling to give those atomizers a second life?

Thank you. I've ripped apart a couple that were tasting horrible and found that only the little wick was burnt; the coil looked like you could run some water over it and reuse it. I've actually got a couple of these clean coils waiting for some kind of project. As for the one pictured, that stuff was burnt on bad and it would take some scrubbing to get that char off of there.

That's awesome. I want to use some cart/atomizers like this on a mod. Its to bad you can't just screw these onto a dse103 or something. I wonder if it would be possible to make a connector to connect them. If you want to refill one of these carts how hard is it to get at to put juice in it?

Thanks. I've ripped apart a bad eaze magnum battery and planned to use the connector for powering these carts via USB, but I broke the connector before I could try it. I've read that the threads on these are really close in size to a 901, so maybe the tire valve mod Madog posted will work for these as well.

Refilling these is easy, just takes a little patience. You just have to pop off the little silicon plug at the mouth end. Then you can either drip from the hole on the battery end or the hole on the mouth end, or both. Some people also use a syringe to inject liquid into the filling. Either way you just have to wait for the juice to fully soak in and make sure you don't over fill it or else you will get a mouthful of liquid.

scottro

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Youngstown, OH
Wow! Great pics and research. Thanks a ton for posting this.

Now I know why my GreenSmoke carts tasted so freaking horrible at the end. to think I inhaled that stuff a few times. Yuk!

I must say though that my Red Dragon carts never come to this. they just stop producing vapor. No nasty "burn-outs". They just stop working when the juice is gone, and I pop on another one.

I would have to assume that this style carts are all made by the same company, so it's odd that one "brand" does this but another brand does not. Perhaps I'm wrong and there are several manufacturers.

Anyway, for now, I'm sticking with Red Dragon. I've got some Bloog carts on order too, so I'll have to see how those go.

udave

ECF Veteran
udave,
Thanks for the great pics.

I ordered one the other day for testing, you saved me sometime, even though I will dissect them as well.

Keep Vapin!

Thanks Cellmeister, glad you liked the pics! What supplier did you order from?

Wow! Great pics and research. Thanks a ton for posting this.

Now I know why my GreenSmoke carts tasted so freaking horrible at the end. to think I inhaled that stuff a few times. Yuk!

I must say though that my Red Dragon carts never come to this. they just stop producing vapor. No nasty "burn-outs". They just stop working when the juice is gone, and I pop on another one.

I would have to assume that this style carts are all made by the same company, so it's odd that one "brand" does this but another brand does not. Perhaps I'm wrong and there are several manufacturers.

Anyway, for now, I'm sticking with Red Dragon. I've got some Bloog carts on order too, so I'll have to see how those go.

Thank you!
I have noticed differences in carts even from the same supplier. I have had a few carts that just stopped making vapor, and then some that burnt out like this. Also, on some of my smoke51 menthol carts the hole on the battery end is twice as big as the hole on other carts.

I was thinking of trying those red dragon carts, I hope I get the same results as you have. Let us know how the bloog carts work out. Check the Vapor4Life forum in the Sponsoring Suppliers section, user SMILIN seems to have some really nice stuff in the works for disposables. Look for King Vapor 2 piece, he even has a Cola flavored cart that I have not seen anywhere else and he offers 24mg nic. I am trying to decide whether or not to order a starter kit from him to try out.

udave

ECF Veteran
Great job udave, and a very informative display of why these carts do have a nasty taste when it happens.

Tell me please, what was involved in separating the battery adaptor end from the cartridge ??

VapeOn,
Greg

Thanks! Glad you liked the pics.

I used a bad battery. I connected the cart to the battery and put pressure on the connection. Kind of like I was trying to bend the connection in half; bend away, bend toward, repeat, until I could wiggle that connector out. The bad thing is that after a few cartridges I used too much pressure and did end up breaking the battery connector. I broke it right in half.

udave

ECF Veteran
udave - anything new since on this? Did you try any other disposable or carts with better results?

Still using the disposables?

I have been using the newer disposable type for about a month now. Of the dozens of carts I have gone through, maybe 2 have started to burn/taste bad/burn my throat; and that was after multiple refills. Even then they weren't as nasty as these older style disposables. The ones I have taken apart have had small brown spots, but nothing like the char I've found in the old ones. The newer ones also seem to have a different filling material, they're not perfect but definitely an improvement IMO.

Another thing I have noticed about the newer disposables is that after about a week of refilling most of mine will get VERY hot; to the point that they almost burn my lips. They don't taste burnt, but they get too hot to hold in my mouth. I just toss the old cart and start a new one at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread