Disposeable E Cigar Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
After trying 2 of the disposeable cigars I was deeply disappointed. The draw was hard enough to cave your head in and even though the flavor wasn't bad, there just wasn't much vapor.

The 1st one I assumed was a dud, but 2 out of 2 isn't good 3 months apart from 2 vendors. It's the ones that sell for $15-$20 bucks each. 1500 puffs (NOT)..... lol..... if you only do 3-5 a day and don't suffer a colapsed lung!

It has a good size cart and the body is made out of a beige plastic like you've seen in dolls, wrapped in a brown paper. Auto draw lights up the LED in the end cap.
Ok.....popped off the end cap and just started pulling everything out. The battery measures 3v with blue plastic shrink on it, but I haven't checked to see if its rechargeable. I wouldn't expect it on a disposeable. Once you get the battery out, which has a touch of white silicone like glue on it. Rolling it firmly loosens the battery. The wires will rip off due to having no extra length. I had no reason to want the circuitry and it was glued to the end cap and came right out. All that was left was the atomizer and the pressure switch. The atomizer is the same size as an 801 high bridge. The coil was 2.3ohms and had virtually no wick at all in the core or any side feed wicking to the bridge. The pressure switch is nice. Silicone diaphram and dual contacts exposed on the rear towards the battery side. Pushing the attys metal ring from the top slid them both right out. The atty has a silicone boot on it. It doesnt take long to see what will go back in as a reuseable unit.

I rebuilt the atty coil to 3.1ohms in a new design attempt to get more efficiency from atomizers. You can see the details of it here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/48436-new-atomizer-coil-shape-new-post.html

A 14500 (900ma) protected 3.7v battery fits nicely inside the tube in a single AA holder. The holder from Rat Shack needs to have one side edge trimmed off (full long length) and round the rest of the end corners. The other side has to be left on so the battery doesn't arch it open from the spring pressure.
I decided to go with a manual switch. The one I used I would have preferred to be smaller, but had nothing easily hideable without a major headache. A touch sensor would be nice in this. The 2nd one will have that. All the wiring was replaced with enameled wire, the "red" 26ga from the Rat Shack 3 pack. It flexes well enough to leave full lengths on everything for easy maint. when stuffing it all back in.

In the pictures you can see all the stock components in the yellow boxed area. The red boxed area is what was used for the rebuild. Everything is very close to its original or now used position.
Cigarrebuild1A.jpg

Cigarrebuild2.jpg

The cart filler needs replaced too......it feels like Fluval with tweezers and wicks well for 1/3 of the cart then drops off noticeably.

I can say it works well now, considering it virtually didn't work at all to start with, this isn't really saying lot! lol

All you have to do is pop the cap off, slide the holder out to change the battery, and off you go. I did move the label so the switch is on the bottom.

If you own one of these crappy things, it can be made into a decent cigar PV. A standard high bridge 801 atty can be removed and used with the silicone boot in this if you aren't into rewinding attys.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Hi Caesar and thanks.

That was my thoughts when I saw it. As poorly as they worked stock there was nothing to lose. It's still going strong. The new atty coil design is working well too.

It does look more appealing with the switch on the bottom. I originally rebuilt it with the auto pressure switch. It worked fine, but seemed to get hot with a slight burnt taste after a long deep draw. You can "pulse" the manual switch and avoid this from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread