Dissatisfied with drip tip (Is it just me?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
I just seem to prfer to drip it right into the atty.

Seems that sometimes the juice go all the way down, I always give the tip a couple of little taps or a little puff into it to ensure the juice gets all down.

I don't like removing the tip to maintenance the atty and finding juice seeping on the bottom of it. Just not happy with it all around.

I'm using a delrin shorty from GP. Love it as a mouthpiece though. I had one of the longer length contoured one, prefer the shorty.

When I first started dripping before I got a tip, I had taken a cart and compleyely gutted it so that it was basically a hollow tube. Prfered its function much more than a tip, but the tip feels better when vaping.

I've thought about widening the hole in the tip. That would probably address my issues and make me happy.
Am I the only one feeling this way?

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I blow lightly in mine before vaping it..Works great...I just got tired of taking the tip or cart off all the time.... I invested in a few DT's...wide mouth ones work great..unlike most... I am partial to the metal ones... :) I also buy the cheap box mods for dripping...I just love em... Have a great day...

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
I've thought about widening the hole in the tip. That would probably address my issues and make me happy.

Exactly, it's a right approach - I have Super T drip tip with wide mounth and never had any juice in my mouth.
If you going to widen your tip don't forget to polish insides very smooth.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
I use an original Super T T-Tip that was re-bored to a wide mouth. No problems with juice coming back up but --

I *do* find that some liquids taste better with the standard mouthpiece, possibly due to the small hole?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Personally I believe it is so. Here's why, basic advice for using a cart for dripping (510) is pop the end cap off, then you have a partial pathway straight into the atty.
I have vaped dripping with the cart intact, end cap removed, and bored out. It does seem to me that the extra blockage gives the vapor a bit of time to "cool" possibly.
Just what it seems like to me.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I have a stainless steel, a brass and several delrin drip tips. The metal ones become corroded and are very heavy. I also have a problem with the drip tips fitting all of my atomizers. Once you get the metal one on the atomizer you can't get it off. I don't even use them anymore. I just remove the plastic covers from the regular cartridge tips and they work fine.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
I have a stainless steel, a brass and several delrin drip tips. The metal ones become corroded and are very heavy. I also have a problem with the drip tips fitting all of my atomizers. Once you get the metal one on the atomizer you can't get it off. I don't even use them anymore. I just remove the plastic covers from the regular cartridge tips and they work fine.

That doesn't sound right. You should be able to easily remove your metal drip tip with minimal force. If the atomizer is connected to the e-cig during removal, you should always hold the atomizer with one hand and pull the drip tip off with the other. Never pull it off without holding the atomizer in place. You could rip the casing from the atty.

Now if you're doing that correctly, then the issue is probaby with the vendor that sold you the metal drip tips. It sounds like you got one that was either manufactured badly or the wrong model. The metal tips DO have rubber O-rings on them, right?

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Exactly, it's a right approach - I have Super T drip tip with wide mounth and never had any juice in my mouth.
If you going to widen your tip don't forget to polish insides very smooth.

Agree about the SuperT....their precision and design are incredible. The juice has no choice but to slide down to the atty. It's spendy, but well worth it

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
On the rare occasion I do drip, I find that a quick blow across/into the drip tip solves the juice-in-my-mouth problem. At the same kind of angle you would use to make an empty bottle make that reverberating sound (what is that called??). Kind of across, and slightly in.

I really like the delrin contoured drip tips. The metal feels way too heavy, since I use little batts.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I just got two Delrin shortys from GP and they work well. I also puff quickly into it after dripping (which sets off my auto battery, heh) and get no juice. Only time I did get juice was while dripping and driving and I must have poured a drop off the side because there was juice everywhere!

Crystal Pistol

Sep 4, 2010
Tennessee
I use an original Super T T-Tip that was re-bored to a wide mouth. No problems with juice coming back up but --

I *do* find that some liquids taste better with the standard mouthpiece, possibly due to the small hole?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I agree. I just got my Super-T today and it was the first thing I noticed, that the flavor was diminished. I do like the feel and look of it better, and of course it is much more convenient, so I'm gonna give it some time.

That being said, it really is beautiful and well made. I like it. :blush:

Crystal Pistol

Sep 4, 2010
Tennessee
I agree. I just got my Super-T today and it was the first thing I noticed, that the flavor was diminished. I do like the feel and look of it better, and of course it is much more convenient, so I'm gonna give it some time.

That being said, it really is beautiful and well made. I like it. :blush:

Well I believe most of the problem was that the liquid took awhile to reach the atty. Or, it just needed to get the "new car smell" worked out. Or, I just wasn't holding my mouth right. :p

In any case, I've got flavor, convenient dripping and a great looking Tornado!

Recommended!! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread