Dissolvables: Camel vs. Stonewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I've been testing the Camel Orbs, Strips and Sticks for awhile now and feel prepared to compare these to Star Scientific's Ariva and Stonewall dissolvables. The Stonewall pellets are the bedrock of my stay-off-cigarettes program. Along with snus and the e-cig, I achieve equilibrium.

YouTube - Dissolvable tobacco: Camel vs. Stonewall

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Not available in any but three test cities. I had a forum friend in Columbus, Ohio, buy them for me and mail them for testing. I've been using them for a week or so, in rotation with other alternative products.

I do NOT see myself buying any of these unless the nicotine strength is boosted. They have a high absorption rate, since they totally dissolve and nothing gets spit out. But even at 50% absorption (which might be a generous estimate), they are too weak. The Stonewalls, on the other hand, are equal in every way but cost to Big Pharma's lozenge or gum.

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
nice video TB. Been hoping to try one of these new camel smokeless(or all three!). I was in Cincinnati, OH recently and thought about taking a trip to Columbus....but then I realized it was 2 hours away...lol not worth it for just dissolvables...

seems like typical camel...not enough nic to satisfy so you'd keep using/buying more.

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
I love stonewalls as a nice wake-up nic-fix, but right now I am out of stonewalls java..

gotta order more!

Glad you stressed the childproof packaging, it looks like all of the products have some sort of child-safety features. I am a little bit doubtful how long Camel Orbs and Strips will survive past the test market. I am VERY interested in getting some of the camel sticks!! I don't know why they appeal to me so much....maybe because I always have a cinnamon/mint flavored toothpick in my mouth all day, especially in places where I don't feel comfortable using my PV.

TB, have you tried them all and have come up with opinions on their nic deliver and favorite flavors? Do the mellow sticks taste like the camel mellow snus? I loooooved camel mellow snus before I gut turned onto swedish snus.

If anyone on the forums is around the current test locations for these new camel dissolvables, and wants to buy me some of these new products, I will gladly pay for their cost plus shipping+maybe a lil something for the effort :D:D shoot me a PM and we can make arrangements!

Again, thanks for another fabulous video review on another smokeless nicotine product!

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Thanks, Slybootz. Oh, yeh, I tried them all for a week before doing the video. First impressions -- especially with smokeless items, including snus -- are often not lasting impressions. What I dislike today, I might like tomorrow. And vice versa. It happens.

The mellow used for the Sticks is indeed the same as the mellow in Camel Snus. It's very close to pure tobacco flavor. When the original Camel Snus came out, I was a tester and liked the Spice best. Naturally, it was bumped out of existance. The Mellow replaced it.

I like these Sticks, but have taken a real fondness to the Strips. I'm not kidding. The Strips are super-fast to deliver a paltry 0.6mg of nicotine, but two within a few minutes will yield the kick of a cigarette. I'm now using them right after my first Stonewall of the day.

I'm not sure any of these will survive test marketing. Hardcores are not going to be satisfied with 1mg Orbs, 0.6mg Strips or 3.1mg Sticks. But ... they have a place. These are not NRT products, after all. They aren't for kicking the habit. They're for use at times and in places where a cigarette cannot be smoked. And they work in that scenario.

What is so painful is listening to bleeding hearts call them "tobacco candy" and hop on their "save the children" bandwagon. These are prohibitionists, pure and simple, with no agenda other than banishing all tobacco use and creating a future where nicotine is available as a prescription drug only.

I fully believe they care nothing about the health of smokers, and everything about a world without the appearance of tobacco or nicotine use. And that's a major reason they hate the e-cig. It looks like smoking -- and no further reason is necessary to want it GONE.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    TB, nice video review. It looks to me like the task of opening the containers for each product is almost enough to drive someone to want a cigarette. Maybe camel is just really trying to boost cigarette sales by selling people these substitutes with packaging that they can't get open very easily and once they get stressed out then they might smoke more. Just kidding.

CreatvDigitl

ECF Veteran
    Dec 25, 2009
    Kansas
    I bought my first pack of Stonewalls yesterday at a truck stop along I-70 in Kansas. They only had the natural flavor but at $1.00 for a pack of 20 how can you go wrong? The taste of these reminds me of Redman or Beechnut leaf tobacco. It is actually a sweet, pleasant, tobacco taste. Now if I can find the java and wintergreen flavors, I will not be afraid to try them. And if I can find them at the same price, I will definitely stock up on them. I was actually thinking that these would cost at least 2 or 3 dollars for 20. Great supplement to the vape in my opinion.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dang....dial-up not conducive to YouTube :mad:.

Me, too. I have to wait until I get to the studio to view these videos. Wish there was a written summary with each so I could get the gist while I'm at home on dial-up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread