distilled water in recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interpim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
San Diego, CA
So I have been getting into diy over the last couple months and have been using 100% vg since I have a sensitivity to pg. The vg is fairly thick, and is having problems flowing well for me. I've heard people have used distilled water in their mixes to thin it out.

What are the recomended max percentages of distilled water to vg? I mixed up some tonight at 70vg, 30dw and it seems to be thinner, but i'm not sure how it is going to vape though.

Any tips or advice is appreciated.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
thanks for the input Das. I was hoping for actual percentages that other people have had success with, what the pros/cons were of using more vs. less and that sort of thing.

It depends on what sort of device you are using. I have 3 and 5ml cartomizers that won't wick unless I dilute the VG with about 10% water. I'd imagine you could get by with less water in a tank . You just have to experiment and see what works best with your gear.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
thanks for the input Das. I was hoping for actual percentages that other people have had success with, what the pros/cons were of using more vs. less and that sort of thing.

It seems to vary from person to person but it's runs in my mind that I've seen more posts mention 10% max. For me it's about 2% in some of my 50/50 mixes.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Could also try PEG400 if you're sensitive to PG. Has miniscule throat hit compared to pure VG/Water. Flavour Art from Italy offers also something called 'sharpener' which is supposed to add throat hit to high/pure VG liquids. Didn't try it yet, so I can't tell if it delivers - but FA is considered good hi-quality stuff, so it might indeed live up to its promise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread