DIY adding vodka produces smoother hit not harsher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Vaped Crusader

Jul 7, 2018
I started adding vodka and whiskey to my e juices because as a season alcoholic I always have hard liquor on great supply. 5 or 7 bottles of boozy goodness is the norm for me when it is summer because there is no way I can bare hot weather unless inebriated. With that in mind I added some liquor to my e juices because it is a known thinning agent in the DIY community for heavy VG juices which I always make. I vape at 80 VG often and I decided why not!

Every juice creator stated it adds a throat hit in place of PG but after messing with percentages as high as 15% I noticed the opposite. All my flavors are by Flavor Arts and I have noticed a significantly smoother throat hit that is vastly superior to PG even at 15% which was ludicrous and burnt my nose but otherwise was pleasant to the throat. Another note was that after heat steeping the nasal burn went away in the juice completely and my flavor noticeably increased which was natural as years of lab knowledge has taught me alcohol is a common base to emulsify flavors and extracts. Hence I make rose flavoring from alcohol.

Is this just me being a temporary drunkard or is the community wrong? Having done DIY juices for far more than half my vaping duration I am puzzled.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've used vodka in DIY from time to time. The taste gets kinda old. I would describe it more as a "flavor bite" rather than increased harshness IMO it actually sort of made the vape itself smoother.

But, if vaping while drunk, well, I'd say the effects could be highly subjective. I've often found that many things I thought were "perfectly smooth" while drunk were actually rather jagged the following day and etc

Since PG400 (I am PG sensitive) I don't really like to add etoh to my vape, all my juices wind up tasting sort of the "same" in a way. Like "Insert whatever generic flavoring" mix PLUS TASTE OF VODKA and that's the one that lingers.

I'll occasionally use it if I think it will actually improve the taste of my mix but that is pretty rare these days. Etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread