DIY BF 510's other than the FDV one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
There is gdeal's (the late lamented) modification technique on the fd mech replacement 510. It uses a vented screw (available in 10's from Amazon for arount $15). Very leak proof. Adjustable. Not spring loaded. Sticks out a ways. The vented screw is the problem.
He used them in the pico and the gdna. I can't find the links anymore. Probably because he was banned (unregistered supplier).

Reactions: JohnnyDill

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
There is gdeal's (the late lamented) modification technique on the fd mech replacement 510. It uses a vented screw (available in 10's from Amazon for arount $15). Very leak proof. Adjustable. Not spring loaded.

+1000 on the FatDaddyVapes "Classic 510 Inserts" as these are perfect, IMO. Drill out the existing delrin insulator with a #35 bit. Thread with a 6-32 tap. Insert modified 6-32 vented screw. Done. ;)

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Here's a link to the one that I and others used with gdeal's modifications: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00137P3RE/ref=biss_dp_t_asn
You need to decrease the diameter and shorten the head. The techniques and measurements are available somewhere on the forum. Unless they deleted all his posts when he was banned. I chucked the threaded part in a dremel 1/8" chuck and spun it against an emery board. I have the documents at home but I won't be there for a few days.

Reactions: ENAUD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread