DIY Butterfly Bait Recipe..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkagge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Maine
I totally love Mom and Pop's vapor shop's Butterfly Bait, but since I've started DIY I'm on a mission NOT to purchase any more pre-made juice!!

I can't even think of what it taste like except it's awesome!! I've tried a few things but can't even come close!!

Does anyone have a recipe for it that I could try?

Thanks!!

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
It tastes like light honey, floral, sweet, and something else I can't put my finger on.. When I describe what it tastes like it doesn't sound so good but when you vape it. Omg nirvana!!

I have had Butterfly Bait before and I agree it is very good...I think your description is pretty accurate. I always thought perhaps there was some honeysuckle in there that gives that floral nuance, but that is about as far as I got.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
I agree, there's likely honeysuckle (and definitely peach)...but there has to be quite a few others. After a month, there's definitive maple (and the peach dissipates substantially/totally). I sense it's got much more than those - but who knows, eh? Honeysuckle is very complex.

Perhaps you're aware (not aware?), you can buy the individual flavors from Mom & Pop Concentrated Flavor - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop to make your own. It's not as inexpensive as 'from scratch' (they recommend 20%) - which works out to $7.95 to make 50ml of finished juice. However, there are folks that say you can get by with 15% on some of the flavors. Here's a recent thread of folks using M&P flavors for DIYing: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/466536-mom-pops-concentrated-flavors.html

Fwiw, I'm a "never take 'no' for an answer" kinda gal, and there's a ton of e-juices I'm sure could be cloned...but I honestly can't imagine anybody pulling off a clone of Butterfly Bait! If you get 'er done, please post about it (even if you don't share the recipe).

I've been gonna buy a bottle of BB flavor for mixing with other flavors, but just haven't gotten around to it yet :(

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I agree, there's likely honeysuckle (and definitely peach)...but there has to be quite a few others. After a month, there's definitive maple (and the peach dissipates substantially/totally). I sense it's got much more than those - but who knows, eh? Honeysuckle is very complex.

Perhaps you're aware (not aware?), you can buy the individual flavors from Mom & Pop Concentrated Flavor - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop to make your own. It's not as inexpensive as 'from scratch' (they recommend 20%) - which works out to $7.95 to make 50ml of finished juice. However, there are folks that say you can get by with 15% on some of the flavors. Here's a recent thread of folks using M&P flavors for DIYing: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/466536-mom-pops-concentrated-flavors.html

Fwiw, I'm a "never take 'no' for an answer" kinda gal, and there's a ton of e-juices I'm sure could be cloned...but I honestly can't imagine anybody pulling off a clone of Butterfly Bait! If you get 'er done, please post about it (even if you don't share the recipe).

I've been gonna buy a bottle of BB flavor for mixing with other flavors, but just haven't gotten around to it yet :(

That's a good suggestion. I buy a few flavorings that I know I can never duplicate from Vapor Bomb. More than what I spend for basic flavoring, but still cheaper than buying the pre-made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread