Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Hey Cullin,
I'm just starting DIYing my juices, I've got the following Capella flavours:

Apple Pie
Amaretto
Anise
Vanilla Custard

(In addition I've got Alchemist Cupboard UK Natural Green Apple and Natural Cherry (steeping advised on these)).

I was wondering,
1) what could I mix from these? Simple solutions, trial and error.
2) what the flavour % would be for a simple Apple Pie? I just don't know (yet) how strong the flavour is.
3) .. if i could mix a fairly good Anise juice with what I've got.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
R

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Hi there! Vanilla custard is fantastic alone or as a base at 10-15%. Look through the list to judge the relative percentages to be used for each of those flavors. I'm not sure amaretto would be on there but I would start at 2% and work your way up from there. I would recommend that you get some ethyl maltol from ecigexpress as that tends to round out your juices.

Last edited:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Hi there! Vanilla custard is fantastic alone or as a base at 10-15%. Look through the list to judge the relative percentages to be used for each of those flavors. I'm not sure amaretto would be on there but I would start at 2% and work your way up from there. I would recommend that you get some ethyl maltol from ecigexpress as that tends to round out your juices.

Thanks!

R

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Just mixed the Strawnilla custard 25ml test batch 80%vg 6mg. Followed percentages and then added 1ml of sweet cream

warmed in a cup of water and shake like crazy very muted will set on the shelf and test in a couple weeks

Nice! You should love it! I've had mine steeping for a week and just loaded it up in my Billow. It's absolutely delicious.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Nice! You should love it! I've had mine steeping for a week and just loaded it up in my Billow. It's absolutely delicious.

After just a little over a day the strawberry has popped out and tastes really realy good. The cream is very present. The custard is still in the background.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Shake and vape is pretty taste, this juice should be awesome if i can let it last a month. If it is still great in a couple days I will make a 120ml bottle

15% Vanilla Custard
4% French Vanilla
1% sweet cream

Yeah it's really close to the new versions of Perpetuas Vanilla Custard or Custardy Lovechild which are both awesome recipes. I highly recommend them!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Shake and vape is pretty taste, this juice should be awesome if i can let it last a month. If it is still great in a couple days I will make a 120ml bottle

15% Vanilla Custard
4% French Vanilla
1% sweet cream

That's some real vanilla heaven you have there. I tried 15% and found it to be a bit to strong for my taste but 12% was just perfect for me. Needs very little steeping so you can vape right away if you like. It will mellow slightly with age.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
That's some real vanilla heaven you have there. I tried 15% and found it to be a bit to strong for my taste but 12% was just perfect for me. Needs very little steeping so you can vape right away if you like. It will mellow slightly with age.

I agree with you usually less is better. I am still struggling with taste\vapers tongue that comes and goes. So i am mixing a little strong right now. I may just vape unflavored for a couple days if i can.

I made a gingerbread custard for a friend who was like WOW make more make more make more

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I agree with you usually less is better. I am still struggling with taste\vapers tongue that comes and goes. So i am mixing a little strong right now. I may just vape unflavored for a couple days if i can.

I made a gingerbread custard for a friend who was like WOW make more make more make more

To maximize the intensity of the flavors and minimize vapors tounge make sure your base is prepared correctly. This will help you out there.

My blog on how preparing a base correctly makes all the difference in the mix. Or as I like to put it, If the taste of the base is off the entire mix will be off no matter what flavor you use or if it's used correctly.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ach-other.html

Fine tuning a base for harshness.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ine-taste.html

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
To maximize the intensity of the flavors and minimize vapors tounge make sure your base is prepared correctly. This will help you out there.

My blog on how preparing a base correctly makes all the difference in the mix. Or as I like to put it, If the taste of the base is off the entire mix will be off no matter what flavor you use or if it's used correctly.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ach-other.html

Fine tuning a base for harshness.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ine-taste.html

Hey Danny, would like to read on this, but the links seem to be leading to the general forum..

R

Yohkos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Texas
Hi, I am going to try to create a juice with CAP apricot. I don't have much experience with creating juices and usually go by a recipe. But I want to create one and hopefully in time get it good enough to share. Does anyone know from experience a good % to use apricot mixed with other flavors? I read it was a strong flavor and just would like a few light notes of apricot, not the main one. TIA.

krwynn

Dec 28, 2014
Williamstown, WV USA
Hi, I am going to try to create a juice with CAP apricot. I don't have much experience with creating juices and usually go by a recipe. But I want to create one and hopefully in time get it good enough to share. Does anyone know from experience a good % to use apricot mixed with other flavors? I read it was a strong flavor and just would like a few light notes of apricot, not the main one. TIA.

Here are some percentages. Doesn't look like CAP Apricot has been determined yet. https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkX4_hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=21

Reactions: metalic

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Any suggestions for a Perpetuas VC max VG mix? Higher percentages etc.?
Edit: I've got the Capellas VC V1.
Thanks,
R

I've found: VC - 20% FV - 7% EM - 2.5% Sweetener - 0.75% is good. For max VG, increase VC by 2-3% and FV by 0.5-1% to start then adjust from there. Make small batches!!!!!!!!! 5mL or less.

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I've found: VC - 20% FV - 7% EM - 2.5% Sweetener - 0.75% is good. For max VG, increase VC by 2-3% and FV by 0.5-1% to start then adjust from there. Make small batches!!!!!!!!! 5mL or less.

Ok, thanks, gonna try that. Got no sweetener, though, only EM. Will have to do.

Regards,
R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread