DIY E-Juice Alcohol Base Flavor Concentrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
HI ECF, I'm looking for your expertise and experiences. I've recently changed over to 100% VG e-juice with a tad of distilled water. Within a day of changing my e-juice that had PG (80VG/20PG) to 100%VG many allergic sensitivities stopped. YAY! Now plain no flavor works but finding VG based flavor concentrates NO PG, seems hard to find.

Several companies I've ordered from, the concentrates state they are VG based but they have an extremely thin consistency with no mention of alcohol. Another company I've found does state alcohol based flavor concentrates.

Does anyone use alcohol based concentrates?
Any thoughts, Pro and Cons on them?
Do I need to steep them Open to allow the alcohol to evaporate?
OR Maybe the alcohol in there is good, keeping the germ level down. :blush:
All thoughts are welcome, Thanks!!!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yes, your mixes need to have an opened cap steep at least for the first few days to allow the alcohol to evaporate. After you can no longer smell the alcohol then its safe to cap and either continue steep or vape(depends on flavor).
LOL for keeping the germ level down as both pg and vg have properties that help to prevent any germs growing.

There are vg flavors available out there but the selection has improved over the years. You just have to read the site info and reviews of the vendors you are looking at.

Real flavors come to mind.
:)

eta. pg based flavors can also contain alcohol so you must look for 100% vg
Also the steeping time for a max vg mix is longer than one that is say 50/50 pg/vg. This is due to the fact of the thickness of the vg. And you might find you will need to add a little more flavoring than a regular mix but I find if allowed to fully steep its not needed. If you have patience.

Last edited:

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks S&S so vaping the alcohol isn't something I want to do I suppose there are a whole round of additional problems that may start with that. Are you allowed to make suggestions on who you find to be the better sites providing VG concentrates....
Thanks

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
No, you certainly do not want to vape the alcohol.....in some vendors flavors, it is the medium in which they carry the flavoring. Most do use pg tho.
Yes, here is a good site some members here use. These flavors can also be found on Amazon and various other vendor sites, but to avoid confusion here is their site.

Water Soluble (VG Based): Real Flavors - All Natural Food Flavoring

I linked it right to the vg flavoring but you may want to explore the entire site. They have some neat stuff and you may run across a discount coupon.

eta I recommend the grape....clear as a bell but good to me @15%.
Is is a shake and vape....it starts off with a faint flavor and continues to improve and get stronger. Vaping immediately isn't necessary and can use a good steep before trying. I just needed something to vape right away so this is how I know.

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I personally do not care for PG so I look for VGD or VG Dominant Flavorings like many at Liquid Barn which is my main supplier. Say hello to Booby in the notes and sat Steve sent you!

Howd you know! Bobby did send me a reply to a question I had sent to Liquid Barn. Thanks for the help there are you Bobby in a Steve costume :rolleyes:

Reactions: SteveS45

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Howd you know! Bobby did send me a reply to a question I had sent to Liquid Barn. Thanks for the help there are you Bobby in a Steve costume :rolleyes:

No but Booby is a very awesome customer service representative and is such a great guy! I screwed up when I put in an order and he sent me 60ML's of a flavoring I forgot to add to my order when I told them about it! He said it was just easier to do that then delay my order.

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No, you certainly do not want to vape the alcohol.....in some vendors flavors, it is the medium in which they carry the flavoring. Most do use pg tho.
Yes, here is a good site some members here use. These flavors can also be found on Amazon and various other vendor sites, but to avoid confusion here is their site.

Water Soluble (VG Based): Real Flavors - All Natural Food Flavoring

I linked it right to the vg flavoring but you may want to explore the entire site. They have some neat stuff and you may run across a discount coupon.

eta I recommend the grape....clear as a bell but good to me @15%.
Is is a shake and vape....it starts off with a faint flavor and continues to improve and get stronger. Vaping immediately isn't necessary and can use a good steep before trying. I just needed something to vape right away so this is how I know.

YAY! I haven't tried that one Thank you
PS Now this can't be part of Shinyitius it's a change of process more is necessary Right!!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
YAY! I haven't tried that one Thank you
PS Now this can't be part of Shinyitius it's a change of process more is necessary Right!!
Absolutely!!!!! No Shinyitius is involved. All items required to make juice or run your mods are not part of Shinyitius.....LOL

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I used Vaping Zone SC (super concentrate) alcohol based flavors for several years. I didn't steep them with the cap off, never had any issues but they are very strong and only require 1% or 2% so not much alcohol goes in the mix.
If you vape them without steeping them with the cap off, do you still add water? Maybe the added alcohol should take the place of additional water...... Thanks!!

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There are quite a few VG based flavorings. I have used quite a few "real flavors" VG and some of there SC. Since there around 2% I can tolerate that. Heres another good one thats VG based NorthWest VG Flavors - Browse by Brand - Flavor Concentrates - <p class="shopbydepartment"><span style="font-size: 14px;">Shop by</span><span style="font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold;">Department</span></p>
HI, I did get some from NorthWest but they don't offer tobacco flavors and that has always been part of my all day vape. Do they seem to have alcohol in them to you?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
If you vape them without steeping them with the cap off, do you still add water? Maybe the added alcohol should take the place of additional water...... Thanks!!
Adding water to a mix only serves to make the vg a little easier to work with. Usually the amount of dw added to thin the vg doesn't affect the final mix. Just know he is talking about SC(Super Concentrated) flavoring that requires very little amounts to achieve your flavoring.

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
They are my go to supplier for DIY and I will never try and save a buck to buy from someone else if they offer it.
I do like Liquid Barn, but the list Bobby sent only had one flavor that was a high VG everything else was 40, 50 and higher% PG. But you say you order MAX VG with they blend them with only VG then?

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
HI, I did get some from NorthWest but they don't offer tobacco flavors and that has always been part of my all day vape. Do they seem to have alcohol in them to you?
If they were I couldnt tell it. Im PG sensitive myself but I can tolerate up to maybe 30%. I generally try my best to stay as close to 20 as I can thou. The real flavors SC line doesnt bother me because they mix around 1-3 %

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I do like Liquid Barn, but the list Bobby sent only had one flavor that was a high VG everything else was 40, 50 and higher% PG. But you say you order MAX VG with they blend them with only VG then?

NO they offer VGD Or VG Dominant flavorings, Liquid Barn does not sell finished e-Liquids. I see they have some new flavors now!

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona

Yes, if you mix with all VG you will still need to add a bit of water. Alcohol does thin the VG quite a bit but will need to add about 5% to 7% water depending on atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread