DIY E-juice questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Cayman Islands
Actually, I would avoid starter kits as they generally include items you may never use.
You could spend a lot less than $50 (minus the NIC) and get started properly. They are some basics you will need but a lot of those other items just aren't needed. I think you will find that you will mix directly into the bottle to avoid multiple transfers of the juice as you lose a little bit each transfer. I personally don't like and don't use pipettes. You will find the biggest issue is with flavors. Since you don't want to cross contaminate the flavors you should use a different instrument to measure and delivery the different flavors. They packs of plastic syringes that are handy and they also sell glass syringes which are equally handy.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
One Stop DIY has starter kits for less, but as JollyRoger said, you're probably better off just buying individually, whatever you need.

Of course, getting everything from one place can help save on shipping.

RTS Vapes has a fairly wide range of flavorings, as well as concentrated nic, syringes, and pretty much everything you would need.

But I would suggest you just mix and match, get only what you really need for tools/glassware, and put most of your $ into flavorings.

You can get syringes for free at most drugstores - they provide them for giving medecine to infants. Won't take a luer-lock needle, but I find that for most stuff you don't need a needle (and if you do, you need a wide-bore one!)

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Cayman Islands
You can get syringes for free at most drugstores - they provide them for giving medecine to infants. Won't take a luer-lock needle, but I find that for most stuff you don't need a needle (and if you do, you need a wide-bore one!)

Forgot to mention that. This is VERY handy that they will just hand them out for free. :) Just tell them you ran out of syringes and need to dispense some liquid medication and they generally ask how many you want ;)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
agree, DIY juice starter kits are like totally not needed. Can get by with a selection of syringes of various sizes to measure, glass rods to stir, and can get by on glass jars to mix in, though some nice flasks are great to have:D Old juice bottles cleaned up work fine to start off with, so don't even need to buy juice bottles, unless one has thrown them out.

Then just get some nic base, VG, PG, selection of flavor extracts, and it's off to the lab and see what's on the Slab, or something like that:D Personally prefer me nic to be PG base. Easier to measure and blend into the juice. VG base nic is just to thick and hard to handle. I mix at 70% VG, and since me nic and most flavor extracts are PG base, only need to add a tad of PG to make my quotients. I use Wizard Labs, for all my DIY juice and supply needs. Orders over $60, ship free:D

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread