[diy e-liquid] time to re-up! Suggest some brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
Hello again,
Geezus christ, it has been a long time since I've been on these forums! I'm looking to re-up on some base diy-flavorings and looking to discover something new. I'll be spending a few hundred, aiming for for large quantities in high concentrations. But before checked out my cart, I thought I should first get some opinions, because I have been in a cave for the last few years and made some poor purchases before.

I have vaped and made my own liquid for about 11 years now. (Yup, I'm old.) Taste wise, I'm not that picky, nor do I have much of a pallet for any subtle hints. I don't want to go as cheap as Chinese, but I also don't need the high quality flavors either. What I'm really looking to avoid are the floral or perfume-like type flavors. I cannot vape them in the slightest. Once I discovered the 'perfume,' I just stuck to what I knew worked because my budget doesn't really allow me to just try various brands. Especially, the most costly brands. For an example, I like MFS's Capella (bit light tasting, ok concentration) and Wizard Labs flavors (<- good taste, poor concentration). But Flavor Apprentice all-around is no go for me.

Thank you,

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hello again,
Geezus christ, it has been a long time since I've been on these forums! I'm looking to re-up on some base diy-flavorings and looking to discover something new. I'll be spending a few hundred, aiming for for large quantities in high concentrations. But before checked out my cart, I thought I should first get some opinions, because I have been in a cave for the last few years and made some poor purchases before.

I have vaped and made my own liquid for about 11 years now. (Yup, I'm old.) Taste wise, I'm not that picky, nor do I have much of a pallet for any subtle hints. I don't want to go as cheap as Chinese, but I also don't need the high quality flavors either. What I'm really looking to avoid are the floral or perfume-like type flavors. I cannot vape them in the slightest. Once I discovered the 'perfume,' I just stuck to what I knew worked because my budget doesn't really allow me to just try various brands. Especially, the most costly brands. For an example, I like MFS's Capella (bit light tasting, ok concentration) and Wizard Labs flavors (<- good taste, poor concentration). But Flavor Apprentice all-around is no go for me.

Thank you,
The only flavor I use iis Capella's Cupacino. I use it at 1%. I paid $14 for a 120 ml bottle. It's going to last me 4 years. Expensive?

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
The only flavor I use iis Capella's Cupacino. I use it at 1%. I paid $14 for a 120 ml bottle. It's going to last me 4 years. Expensive?

I've yet to be disappointed with Capella and that isn't bad for 120ml. Though I'd get like their coffee and cream to make the Cappuccino. :D I've used Capella for quite some time though. Do you have any other recommendations?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I've yet to be disappointed with Capella and that isn't bad for 120ml. Though I'd get like their coffee and cream to make the Cappuccino. :D I've used Capella for quite some time though. Do you have any other recommendations?

Got my nic from Wizard Labs,

And my flavors ftom

TFA (The Flavors Apprentice)
High Desert Vapes.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
For an example, I like MFS's Capella (bit light tasting, ok concentration) and Wizard Labs flavors (<- good taste, poor concentration). But Flavor Apprentice all-around is no go for me.

About the above - It doesn't matter where you get the name-brand flavorings (ie. Capella, TFA, Flavor West, etc.) from, they'll be the same from any vendor that sells that same name brand flavoring. For example...CAP Banana from MFS will be the same CAP Banana that Wizard Labs or anyone else sells.

However, if you're buying proprietary flavorings (made/mixed only by a certain vendor and branded with their special names)...those will be different from place to place. For example, One Stop DIY Shop makes and sells some "One Stop Flavors" and "One Stop Blends" that only they make and sell. So you won't find those anywhere else but there. They're wonderful by the way. You just add about 8-10% of any 1 of them to your own plain PG, plain VG, and nic base...and shake and vape!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello again,
Geezus christ, it has been a long time since I've been on these forums! I'm looking to re-up on some base diy-flavorings and looking to discover something new. I'll be spending a few hundred, aiming for for large quantities in high concentrations.
I'm not that picky,
Thank you,
3 possibilities for you:
Nicotine River - E-Liquid Nicotine - Vegetable Glycerin
Wholesale Flavorings for Electronic Cigarettes e-Liquid Heartlandvapes Wholesale
Gremlin DIY
Good luck.

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
Thank you all for the advice with brands. Moreover, thanks DaveP for confirming you get that fragrance aspect in your reply. I can understand your taste buds better knowing you get that. :p

Just for clarification, I'm aiming for like sub 5% flavor needed. Lower and cheaper the better I guess. So far, I'm strongly considering a mix of Hangsen, Inawer, Capellas. Flavor West did not seem that appealing at 15%. But I'm seeing like 120ml bottles for about $8. So doesn't that make it appealing considering if a 10ml of flavoring, 3% needed, goes for $5? More is needed, but more is given.

If you have any of those 'special' diy flavorings that could be daily drivers so-to-speak, that also don't have that fragrance taste, please share them. I'd like to try some. I normally don't go in for retail juice with the weird names like 'Smurf Turds.' But I guess I can use those to spice it up a bit. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread