DIY inexpensive rubber Provari protective grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
KMLOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................oh my stomach right now..owww....hahahahahahahahah

funny stuff.

Bwahahaha! Now you'll be checking out handgrips everywhere ya go...maybe tomorrow a kid on a tricycle will ride by, and you'll be all "hey kid, com'ere I need to check out your handgrips!" Walking into the grocery store, you'll slow down at the bicycle rack outside the door and browse the handlebars....lol

Yep, going to have to show DH the price of the Provari to make sure he tries at least a little bit harder to not be careless with it, especially careful not to lose it. He's constantly misplacing his remaining Twist battery here or there around the house, and he's like a maniac looking for it while having his nic fit...I had to put a battery in my pink BB last week to get him by until we could find it one day--he was having an attack just thinking about having to leave the house with a pink mod. Ya know, I've misplaced my provari momentarily every now and then, and I think they should come with a little "locate" beeper like my cordless phone has, now that would be handy.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Your never going to believe this, i dont even...remember when i said there was a bike shop online that was around me?, well i didnt know where, but today i went for a drive with a friend, and we accidentally passed right by it! it said 'the bike zone'...i've never see that before..of course now i do...this is getting 'twilight zone' weird now....

your werent kiddin zooker, when you said: "Bwahahaha! Now you'll be checking out handgrips everywhere ya go...maybe tomorrow a kid on a tricycle will ride by, and you'll be all "hey kid, com'ere I need to check out your handgrips!" Walking into the grocery store, you'll slow down at the bicycle rack outside the door and browse the handlebars....lol

anyway i went in, and they had them, and they will totally fit. its a tight fit, i'm sure it will loosen up after a bit, i'm going to go back there when i have money, i saw a wicked black one, the design was very cool, no quilty patterns or anything, it was a shiny black one with a really cool satin type look to it. once i get , and do spraintz's instructions i'll throw up a pic...

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I think I may head up to the bike shop and see what they have... I have a provari mini though, and usually use the standard end cap, so I'll need a tricycle grip for mine lol. I also need to go get a torch, got some freee mesh sent to me from Hola Amigos, thanks dude!! So tonight is a busy night, make a provari grip protector and make a ss mesh/coil setup for my phoenix.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I like the heatshrink idea, it would be a nice tight fit, and if you don't like it, just cut it off.
Kmloh!!!!......geezus your funny, you know that'?
I always thought I was....... now its official! The only thing one of those grips won't protect is the atty, and although I'm more worried about the provari, I don't want to bust a .357 either! At least I will have a free hand again, as my provari is duct taped to my hand during the day- I am NOT going to drop it!
My 18350s do me just fine... plus I got an electric blue Silver Bullet from YoureFired on the classifieds, so my 18500s are in the SB with a kick... so I don't have any 18500s for me provari, until I order a couple extras.

Last edited:

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Isn't the mini the same diameter is the regular? i thought it was. i had one, but i couldnt take the battery changing anymore and traded it for a provari reg, with 18650 ext. odd that i cant even remember now.

I like the heatshrink idea, it would be a nice tight fit, and if you don't like it, just cut it off.

I always thought I was....... now its official!
My 18350s do me just fine... plus I got an electric blue Silver Bullet from YoureFired on the classifieds, so my 18500s are in the SB with a kick... so I don't have any 18500s for me provari, until I order a couple extras.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
No worries doobie, all you need is an exacto knife. i cannot wait til i get those grips and start playing with em'...its soo nice that they give you two, one for screwing it up, and the other for trying again..how thoughtful of them i say'..

Yep, confirmed at provape, same diameter. I meant more like length-wise, my mini with regular end cap is 3.5" long, just a little longer than my....

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Got my grips today at a local neighborhood motorcycle store. Same brand as the weblink earlier in this thread. $ 8.95 + tax. Both Provari and and the extension cap fit in the homemade sleeve. Comes with two size grips, use the larger diameter grip, the smaller one is too small of diameter. Used an exacto knife.

Since you probably can't use the smaller grip, consider practicing your cuts on it first. I kinda misjudged where to put the hole cutout for the digital display window and it ended up being bigger than it needed to be.

View attachment 129107 View attachment 129108 View attachment 129109

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How is getting the End Cap off for Battery Changes?

I just remove the entire Provari from the grip sleeve. Although it fits snug, its not at all hard to remove. I did cut out a hole in the bottom, just push on the bottom of the Provari to push it out of the sleeve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread