The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DIY inexpensive rubber Provari protective grip.

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by spraintz, Aug 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. meeems

meeems Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2011
    Wisconsin
    KMLOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................oh my stomach right now..owww....hahahahahahahahah

funny stuff.

2. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    California
    Dang, that stuff is better than duct tape!

3. Pooladdict247

Pooladdict247 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2012
    Thawville, IL
    If your name is Scott you cant go wrong with this protector:laugh:
    Awesome, gonna have to try this.
    Thanks for the idea!

4. spraintz

spraintz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Haha, that's a good point! ;)

BTW, for all those hardcore Provari-er's who love Made in the U.S.A........SCOTT motorcycle grips are USA made as well. :thumb::headbang:

5. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Very clever - thanks mate!

6. meeems

Apr 4, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Your never going to believe this, i dont even...remember when i said there was a bike shop online that was around me?, well i didnt know where, but today i went for a drive with a friend, and we accidentally passed right by it! it said 'the bike zone'...i've never see that before..of course now i do...this is getting 'twilight zone' weird now....

your werent kiddin zooker, when you said: "Bwahahaha! Now you'll be checking out handgrips everywhere ya go...maybe tomorrow a kid on a tricycle will ride by, and you'll be all "hey kid, com'ere I need to check out your handgrips!" Walking into the grocery store, you'll slow down at the bicycle rack outside the door and browse the handlebars....lol

anyway i went in, and they had them, and they will totally fit. its a tight fit, i'm sure it will loosen up after a bit, i'm going to go back there when i have money, i saw a wicked black one, the design was very cool, no quilty patterns or anything, it was a shiny black one with a really cool satin type look to it. once i get , and do spraintz's instructions i'll throw up a pic...

7. dDubs

dDubs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    I think I may head up to the bike shop and see what they have... I have a provari mini though, and usually use the standard end cap, so I'll need a tricycle grip for mine lol. I also need to go get a torch, got some freee mesh sent to me from Hola Amigos, thanks dude!! So tonight is a busy night, make a provari grip protector and make a ss mesh/coil setup for my phoenix.

8. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That Bike Grip Cover gave me an Idea…

How about a Big Diameter piece of Heat Shrink Tubing?

9. meeems

Apr 4, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Kmloh!!!!......geezus your funny, you know that'?

10. dDubs

Jun 14, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    I like the heatshrink idea, it would be a nice tight fit, and if you don't like it, just cut it off.
    I always thought I was....... now its official! The only thing one of those grips won't protect is the atty, and although I'm more worried about the provari, I don't want to bust a .357 either! At least I will have a free hand again, as my provari is duct taped to my hand during the day- I am NOT going to drop it!
    My 18350s do me just fine... plus I got an electric blue Silver Bullet from YoureFired on the classifieds, so my 18500s are in the SB with a kick... so I don't have any 18500s for me provari, until I order a couple extras.

11. dDubs

Jun 14, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    correction- not 18500s, 18490s...

12. meeems

Apr 4, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Isn't the mini the same diameter is the regular? i thought it was. i had one, but i couldnt take the battery changing anymore and traded it for a provari reg, with 18650 ext. odd that i cant even remember now.

13. dDubs

Jun 14, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    Yea, its the same I think, I mean they both take 18xxx batteries, so they both take 18mm diameter batts. I'd think so at least, well I could head over to provape to check...

14. dDubs

Jun 14, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    Yep, confirmed at provape, same diameter. I meant more like length-wise, my mini with regular end cap is 3.5" long, just a little longer than my....

15. rondasherrill

rondasherrill Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2012
    Valhalla
    drip tip?

Yep, same diameter. The Mini with ext. cap is a tiny bit shorter than the regular with the short cap on it though.

16. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That's kinda what I was thinking also. Or if it gets worn, just put a new one on. Or if you want to Change the Color.

17. meeems

Apr 4, 2011
    Wisconsin
    No worries doobie, all you need is an exacto knife. i cannot wait til i get those grips and start playing with em'...its soo nice that they give you two, one for screwing it up, and the other for trying again..how thoughtful of them i say'..

18. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Got my grips today at a local neighborhood motorcycle store. Same brand as the weblink earlier in this thread. $ 8.95 + tax. Both Provari and and the extension cap fit in the homemade sleeve. Comes with two size grips, use the larger diameter grip, the smaller one is too small of diameter. Used an exacto knife.

Since you probably can't use the smaller grip, consider practicing your cuts on it first. I kinda misjudged where to put the hole cutout for the digital display window and it ended up being bigger than it needed to be.

View attachment 129107 View attachment 129108 View attachment 129109

19. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Very Nice.

How is getting the End Cap off for Battery Changes?

20. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I just remove the entire Provari from the grip sleeve. Although it fits snug, its not at all hard to remove. I did cut out a hole in the bottom, just push on the bottom of the Provari to push it out of the sleeve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.