DIY inexpensive rubber Provari protective grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s§sZAN

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
www.juiceray.com
I am going to try it, but I am going to cut the OTHER end so I will have that big flat base to set it down on.
aaaaaaa.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So has anyone found that some dont fit?
I don't think just any motorcycle grip will fit. I am not a motorcyclist, but I believe they must be grips for a motorcross or dirt bike. The set comes with a pair of grips, one will have a larger inner diameter, that one will fit over a Provari.

These are the ones that Spraintz and I used: Scott MX II . Scott MX II MX Grips - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore

I think they may be rather common. The first place that I happened to check, a local neighborhood Honda motorcycle shop, had them hanging on display by the checkout desk.

Last edited:

pokerplaya

Apr 15, 2012
Minnesota
I believe they are called 'twist' grip or twist throttle grips. Lol but I opened mine, took one out, and was like what the heck it is too small! Duh I tried the other grip and it fit fine. Didn't realize at first that the ID of the grips is different between the two.

Yep...the one has a larger ID to accomodate the plastic throttle tube. I'm going to check the local shops first. If I can't find it local I'll have to just order it online. Thanks Baditude, for the link.

My Provari came in the mail today, and yes, Ive heard they are almost bullet proof. However, the finish is just beautiful and I want to keep it that way. :D

Velimere

Jan 10, 2012
United States
s§sZAN;7681997 said:

This is a bit off topic... but I was skimming this thread, and after happening upon this image, I couldn't help but think it was something else (I blame the angle), and right after that thought crossed my mind, my lady walked into the room and saw the image and flipped, saying "you better use that thing on yourself before you try it on me"... I guess I wasn't the only one who thought this was something else. :oops:

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I have my new chrome provari and it's awesome for around the house and looks great when I want to show it off but I go camping in the desert and would hate to see my nice chrome mod all scratched and dinged up when I take it to a rough place. I tend to be lil rough on things and don't really mind but I came up with this from a suggestion on another thread and I went out and looked at my dirt bike's throttle grip and what do ya know.....the Provari slides in like it was made for it.

Material:
rubber "throttle side" dirt bike grip, tons of styles and colors. $5 - $20

tools:
razor blade or X-Acto knife, a lil creativity.

time:
maybe .5 - 1 beer job or less

enjoy:
20120822_154416.jpg

20120822_161407.jpg

20120822_161517.jpg

20120822_161608.jpg

Yamaha blue through and through!!!!!!:headbang:

Increadable idea...Thanx !!

Spoiler

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
McAdoo,PA
I have my new chrome provari and it's awesome for around the house and looks great when I want to show it off but I go camping in the desert and would hate to see my nice chrome mod all scratched and dinged up when I take it to a rough place. I tend to be lil rough on things and don't really mind but I came up with this from a suggestion on another thread and I went out and looked at my dirt bike's throttle grip and what do ya know.....the Provari slides in like it was made for it.

Material:
rubber "throttle side" dirt bike grip, tons of styles and colors. $5 - $20

tools:
razor blade or X-Acto knife, a lil creativity.

time:
maybe .5 - 1 beer job or less

enjoy:
20120822_154416.jpg

20120822_161407.jpg

20120822_161517.jpg

20120822_161608.jpg

Yamaha blue through and through!!!!!!:headbang:

Hell yes!!!! nice....

kscoggins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Carrollton, TX
I have a lil something else going on. Very universal.

Its perfect for ego's aswell, My laser pointer is the exact same size as an ego twist.

I've got one of those. Do you find it gets easier (looser) after it stretches a bit? kinda tight on my provari.
I'm thinking about making a kydex sheath for mine soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread