DIY juice tastes different in different tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Ok so as I wrote this I'm realizing this could be a dumb question but here it goes. I made two bottles of e juice exactly the same with just mg of nicotine being different. I have an atlantis and a nautilus. When I put the juice in the Nautilus I get some flavor but a weird taste like maybe the VG? Not sure. When I use the Atlantis it's full of flavor no weird taste. This is after numerous coils in both. So what's the deal? Is the Atlantis that much better with flavor? How do I fix the problem if I want to use my nautilus? It could even be a cotton taste its hard to say. Anyone experience this?

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Yes. When I think I finally have a good mix, I try it in as many different devices as possible. Always experience at least a slight difference. Sometimes the difference is more dramatic, and I have no idea why.

The biggest surprise was when I tried one of my mixes in hubby's device -- he vapes at much higher wattages than I, and I always knew this had some effect on the flavor, usually just "more" flavor tho. But on this one mix, it was like a completely different juice!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The Nautilus made my then-ADV taste very strange. I sold the Nautilus within a week of getting it.

But all juices taste different, in different tanks/attys. One juice I used to vape all the time, tastes its absolute best in a cartotank.. even though I prefer kayfuns for everything else.

Andria

Reactions: chopdoc

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
It always took me a half a tank or so to break in a new coil....they always tasted funky to me.
When I switched to a dripper, I couldn't/didn't enjoy one of my favorite juices...(vaped in tank previously)

But I think this is just the nature of the beast with all this vaping stuff

Same atty on different mods at same wattage taste different to me too

Reactions: AndriaD

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
A lot of different styles of vaping will taste different. I had a favorite tobacco vape that was tobacco, Bav cream, sweet cream and caramel that I mixed up. In a CE5 on an ego it had a good rich tobacco taste. In a kanger T3S the flavor was muted and in a Kayfun it was caramel cream overload. When you mix up a DIY recipe you need to decide how you plan to vape it and mix it up for that style and in you journal keep notes on how you vaped a certain recipe and how it came out so in the future you will know what worked best.
A general rule of thumb I been going by is if I am mixing for my kayfun or orchid I wont generally go over %8 total flavor. For something like a CE5 on an EGO I will go as high as %25 flavor. Hope this helps

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Everything that was mentioned above is very true. I've vaped on everything from cartos to RBA's/RDA's with every coil and wick configuration imaginable on fixed voltage, VV's and mods. Hardware makes a huge difference so when I find a setup that works I stay with it and mix my juices for that device. Mixing just gets to complicated when mixing for several types of devices. it's hard to recommend hardware because just like flavoring, what works for you may not work for someone else so you really need to invest and try several until you find something that works.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
A lot of different styles of vaping will taste different. I had a favorite tobacco vape that was tobacco, Bav cream, sweet cream and caramel that I mixed up. In a CE5 on an ego it had a good rich tobacco taste. In a kanger T3S the flavor was muted and in a Kayfun it was caramel cream overload. When you mix up a DIY recipe you need to decide how you plan to vape it and mix it up for that style and in you journal keep notes on how you vaped a certain recipe and how it came out so in the future you will know what worked best.
A general rule of thumb I been going by is if I am mixing for my kayfun or orchid I wont generally go over %8 total flavor. For something like a CE5 on an EGO I will go as high as %25 flavor. Hope this helps

I'm not a tobacco flavor kind of guy but are they generally stronger? I use capellas and I'm not sure I would taste 8%

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm not a tobacco flavor kind of guy but are they generally stronger? I use capellas and I'm not sure I would taste 8%

The few tobacco flavors I've tried, anything over 2% is utterly vile. Well I did manage 2.5% of Inawera's Virginia Tobacco Absolute, in a multi-layered recipe that came out to 25% total flavoring. Probably the only reason I could get away with that much TA -- plus their VA TA is quite mild.

Andria

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014

It all depends on how your vaping it. Capella's smooth tobacco in a G5-H2 CE5 glearomizer is an awesome flavor. I always loved it. In a kayfun its a total different beast. Since I stopped using my ego's and clearomizers and moved up to RTA's, smooth tobacco Isnt anything special to me and I prefer something like Inawera's Canadian Type or Hangsen Gold & Silver.

Danny45 has a favorite tobacco discussion thread and if you want to learn more about tobacco flavors then check out danny's thread.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
The few tobacco flavors I've tried, anything over 2% is utterly vile. Well I did manage 2.5% of Inawera's Virginia Tobacco Absolute, in a multi-layered recipe that came out to 25% total flavoring. Probably the only reason I could get away with that much TA -- plus their VA TA is quite mild.

Andria

I vaped Inawera Virginia TA by itself and liked it. Had a good flavor to me. Used in a tobacco mix and it really enhances the flavor.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I vaped Inawera Virginia TA by itself and liked it. Had a good flavor to me. Used in a tobacco mix and it really enhances the flavor.

I use it in my Smocha recipe, along with INW Coffee Tobacco (also at 2.5%), to give the mocha flavor a smoky flavor/aroma... it works really well!

Andria

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I use it in my Smocha recipe, along with INW Coffee Tobacco (also at 2.5%), to give the mocha flavor a smoky flavor/aroma... it works really well!

Andria
I mixed up some sig cappuccino with a tobacco flavor and loved it. Have you tried any other coffee flavors that you found good?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I mixed up some sig cappuccino with a tobacco flavor and loved it. Have you tried any other coffee flavors that you found good?

There's also some INW Cappucino in that Smocha mix. I've tasted a few other coffee flavors, but didn't really like them. And I might not like any of the components of Smocha, stand-alone, but together, they work.

Got a new tobacco experiment coming up; got some INW Cherries, and INW Vanilla for Pipe on order from BCV; I'm hoping I can come up with something reminiscent of my grandfather's cherry pipe tobacco, it smelled so good. The sweet tobaccos are really the only kind I can tolerate anymore, rather than the dry, bittersweet Virginia I used to love; now I can't abide it.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread