DIY juice with 100%vg base?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there guys. Just want to ask if it's possible or if it will be any good to mix the flavor, which is usually 100%pg with just 100%vg base in order to make a 70vg/30pg mixture as the commercial liquid, or if it would be better to add some pg base as well. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi there guys. Just want to ask if it's possible or if it will be any good to mix the flavor, which is usually 100%pg with just 100%vg base in order to make a 70vg/30pg mixture as the commercial liquid, or if it would be better to add some pg base as well. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome,
Please do not add 30% of any flavoring. (some exceptions apply)

Depending on the device you are using, 90% VG may be too thick.

VG can be thinned out by adding a MAX of 15% distilled water or cheap vodka if PG is not available or can not be used.

I mix using an 80%VG/20%PG premix.
I add 10% PG based flavor and 10% VG based nicotine and end up with 80%VG/20%PG as a final mix.

Find your process. Consistency is more important than 100% accuracy.

Cheers
I

Reactions: pacote_kst

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Well actually it's 25% flavour (don Juan reserve) and nicotine kits that are 80/20 (vg/pg) so with the added vg to leave it at around 70/30 (all this using the liqcalc app for DIY ejuice) I hope I clarified a bit.

Yeah but 25% it's overkill.....depends of the brand of the flavour but I mostly have seen up to 10% and I guess must be some more diluted flavours that will go to 15% ???? But 25% it's a lot...why not add some pg base into that to try lower the flavour first cause it may turn out so strong won't be easy to vape
I just saw that the manufacturer recommend 20% for that flavour Soo must be very diluted...
I guess 25% won't be Soo crazy Soo go for it I guess..
I have seen tho that some flavours even tho may be recommended to use let's say 10% still almost everybody can't handle them....same brand but different flavour can be very stronger...just saying
Since u had it all calculated why not....go for it...
Also keep in mind all those diy juices need to let them steep for some days...the manufacturer recomend 20 days for that specific flavour u want to use...
U could vape it earlier tho I guess...
I usually steep at least one week all flavours no matter what it is

Last edited:
Yeah but 25% it's overkill.....depends of the brand of the flavour but I mostly have seen up to 10% and I guess must be some more diluted flavours that will go to 15% ???? But 25% it's a lot...why not add some pg base into that to try lower the flavour first cause it may turn out so strong won't be easy to vape
I just saw that the manufacturer recommend 20% for that flavour Soo must be very diluted...
I guess 25% won't be Soo crazy Soo go for it I guess..
I have seen tho that some flavours even tho may be recommended to use let's say 10% still almost everybody can't handle them....same brand but different flavour can be very stronger...just saying
Since u had it all calculated why not....go for it...
Also keep in mind all those diy juices need to let them steep for some days...the manufacturer recomend 20 days for that specific flavour u want to use...
U could vape it earlier tho I guess...
I usually steep at least one week all flavours no matter what it is
Well I did 25% as many ppl I know say that is more diluted than some time ago, and even with 20% was quite dull... Anyway at least I will still have time to add pg later if it was too strong. And about the steeping time, I'll leave it for a month before vaping it, as I do with commercial liquids after adding the nicotine kit, so that it steeps properly and all the flavours mix well. I did a small test with an empty 10ml bottle at about 27% (2.7ml flavour and the rest -7.3ml- is 100% vg base) and after 11 days is starting to get some flavor but still quite dull. Anyway thanks a lot for the tips! I did this "experiment" as I got a 100% vg base for Xmas by mistake, instead of a 80/20 base, let's see what comes out. Thanks!

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I mean without using any pg base, besides the flavour.

Yes u can ofc...the only pg will be the one that your flavour has...using juice calculator u can do anything u want :p

U need 100vg nics tho or use less flavoring percentage if your nics are not 100% vg...

Last edited:
Yes u can ofc...the only pg will be the one that your flavour has...using juice calculator u can do anything u want :p
That's it, that's the only pg used. Just wanted to make sure I didn't waste my flavours lol. Efharisto!

• Winner
Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
That's it, that's the only pg used. Just wanted to make sure I didn't waste my flavours lol. Efharisto!

No problem... :)
Yes flavours are always with pg and I think I have heard u can find some in vg and u can make 100% vg juice with those but I have never seen any :p
Enjoy

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
what is your nic base, pg or vg?
30, 25, 20% of any flavor is overkill and will mute your taste, kill your taste buds.
If you want to go high, try 10 to 15%, and even that can be overkill.
You may also need to steep the eliquid, let it set for a week or so until that flavor emerges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread