DIY Mods . . is this a lost art?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbranchwarrior

Feb 11, 2013
Maine
I recently tried to purchase a box mod online and was surprised when the company told me "Sorry, we can't currently ship ecigarette products to the state of Maine." I've been vaping since 2010 and this is the first time I've come across this.

With new regulations coming down from congress and our nanny states on how to better save us from ourselves, I have set out in earnest to gather information on building some DIY mods, but I can't help but notice that the last rash of DIY modding happened and seemed to end around 2015. What happened? Is this still going on somewhere else? Is there simply no interest? Some of the components for those mods are no longer available.

I'd love to see more DIY mods come out because the future of the vape market looks bleak.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I recently tried to purchase a box mod online and was surprised when the company told me "Sorry, we can't currently ship ecigarette products to the state of Maine." I've been vaping since 2010 and this is the first time I've come across this.

With new regulations coming down from congress and our nanny states on how to better save us from ourselves, I have set out in earnest to gather information on building some DIY mods, but I can't help but notice that the last rash of DIY modding happened and seemed to end around 2015. What happened? Is this still going on somewhere else? Is there simply no interest? Some of the components for those mods are no longer available.

I'd love to see more DIY mods come out because the future of the vape market looks bleak.
I still build and am so far behind I may never catch up. What types of mods are you interested in

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Reactions: stols001

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth