The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DIY Mods . . is this a lost art?

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by redbranchwarrior, Jul 27, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. redbranchwarrior

redbranchwarrior Full Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Maine
    I recently tried to purchase a box mod online and was surprised when the company told me "Sorry, we can't currently ship ecigarette products to the state of Maine." I've been vaping since 2010 and this is the first time I've come across this.

With new regulations coming down from congress and our nanny states on how to better save us from ourselves, I have set out in earnest to gather information on building some DIY mods, but I can't help but notice that the last rash of DIY modding happened and seemed to end around 2015. What happened? Is this still going on somewhere else? Is there simply no interest? Some of the components for those mods are no longer available.

I'd love to see more DIY mods come out because the future of the vape market looks bleak.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    See if you can register on Breaktru

Modding

While it is no longer active, there is still a bunch of info and diagrams there to get you working on some pretty good modding.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1