Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Okay, wooo, vapemail today, many flavors, much excitement!! Funfetti, Cookies and Cream, Fluffy Nuts, Lemon Coconut Cream Cake, and finallllly, Butter Cream! Hooray! Now I get to make ... um ... something. Something I really, really wanted to make. Hm. What was the thing? I DON'T KNOW. I DON'T KNOW THE THING. But I couldn't wait to make it! *frantically sifts through Evernote* Nope. Not finding. Do you ever have this problem? Or does your brain work?

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Okay, wooo, vapemail today, many flavors, much excitement!! Funfetti, Cookies and Cream, Fluffy Nuts, Lemon Coconut Cream Cake, and finallllly, Butter Cream! Hooray! Now I get to make ... um ... something. Something I really, really wanted to make. Hm. What was the thing? I DON'T KNOW. I DON'T KNOW THE THING. But I couldn't wait to make it! *frantically sifts through Evernote* Nope. Not finding. Do you ever have this problem? Or does your brain work?

lol... I've done this before.

Now what I do:

When I'm inputting a new recipe I want to try, I always list that missing flavor right in the title so I can scan for it quickly. I think you use the same calculator that I use - if you already saved the recipe you can use the "Search My Recipes" function. Just input the flavor name and it will give you all the results that use it within your own list. :)

By the time I get around to buying that new flavor I usually have 5 or 6 other recipes saved that it goes in too. So many recipes, not enough bottles!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Now I get to make ... um ... something. Something I really, really wanted to make. Hm. What was the thing? I DON'T KNOW. I DON'T KNOW THE THING. But I couldn't wait to make it!

Did that order come from Chef's Vapour by chance? Reason I ask is that in addition to flavorings from CAP, TFA, etc., they carry what they call "One Shot" concentrates...similar to OSDIY shop's "One Stop Flavors" and "One Stop Blends" here in the US.

One of their "One Shot" concentrates IS "Fluffy Nuts". All you do is add your own PG, VG, and Nic base. Maybe that's what you got?

Also, I've seen lots of just Lemon and just Coconut flavorings, and several recipes for Coconut Cream Cake, but never a single flavoring called Lemon Coconut Cream Cake. Kind of sounds like that, too...might be another one of their "One Shot" concentrates maybe??

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Yes, I got a bunch of one-shot flavors by Chef's Flavours at chefsflavours.co.uk! In addition to the ones mentioned, I also got The Doughnut King, and Queen of Puddings -- but I also bought a few regular single flavor concentrates by other brands from them, including the mystery Butter Cream by Flavor West that I was so impatiently awaiting. :rolleyes:

Here's their one-shot Lemon Coconut Cream Cake. You know I can't pass up a creamy lemon dessert!

Reactions: Kenna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Here ya go
marshmallow mint

Marshmallow butter cream mint

:)

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I did find that one, Sugar, and I'm definitely going to make a Marshmallow butter cream mint with it (yum!). But I noticed in that thread that I said I had already ordered the butter cream, so I first wanted it for something else.

Ceecee, I just did that "Search My Recipes" thing, and found a Unicorn Milk clone recipe with butter cream, but I wasn't super excited about that recipe (more like "might try at some point"), so it doesn't seem like the source.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I did find that one, Sugar, and I'm definitely going to make a Marshmallow butter cream mint with it (yum!). But I noticed in that thread that I said I had already ordered the butter cream, so I first wanted it for something else.

Ceecee, I just did that "Search My Recipes" thing, and found a Unicorn Milk clone recipe with butter cream, but I wasn't super excited about that recipe (more like "might try at some point"), so it doesn't seem like the source.
Were you looking for some form of like cake icing?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Here ya go
marshmallow mint

I was just about to go look for that!. I knew I'd seen that flavor in a new recipie in this forum last week!
Butter Cream tastes like butter cream frosting or glaze to me. It would work in a cinnamon roll or danish recipe, as well as other frosted bakery things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016

Hey I made that Unicorn Milk recipe about a week before Christmas - I was vaping it yesterday but wasn't overly impressed because it's vapes very close to this variation of Berry Berry Good, which to me is better.

Capt.Shay's Berry Berry Good V.2
TFA Marshmallow 1%
FA Forest Fruit 4%
TFA Strawberry (Ripe) 1%
TFA Sweetener 1%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 1%
TFA VBIC 6%
CAP Vanilla Custard (v.1) 4%

I've been vaping this a lot! @jambi originally gave me the basic recipe and I've been doing some tweaking. I've got a couple of new variations in the works but it remains to be seen how they will turn out.

Here ya go
marshmallow mint

I still haven't vaped this yet - needs more time. I was mixing a bit yesterday so I sampled a drop (yet again) and it may have too much mint, for my liking anyway but perhaps not for others. It also needs at least another week of aging. "We will serve no vape before its time."

Last edited:

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Were you looking for some form of like cake icing?

That seems very likely! I was looking for good cake recipes recently.

@tazzle - Could it have been for a recipe you found on another site? Because any/all of the ones on here that I've found that use Butter Cream...are using CAP Butter Cream, not FW.

I can't get a lot of the Capella flavors, so I'm pretty sure i got this to use in something that *probably* originally called for Capella. (Places selling Capella usually have a limited range over here across the pond.)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Ceecee's Berry Berry Good V.2
TFA Marshmallow 1%
FA Forest Fruit 4%
TFA Strawberry (Ripe) 1%
TFA Sweetener 1%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 1%
TFA VBIC 6%
CAP Vanilla Custard (v.1) 4%

I've been vaping this a lot! @jambi originally gave me the basic recipe

Unless we some how created the same recipe at the same time with the same name, that was my recipe that I posted here a couple of months ago and re-posted recently.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Unless we some how created the same recipe at the same time with the same name, that was my recipe that I posted here a couple of months ago and re-posted recently.

Oh my... I didn't see it... how long ago was it?

I only saw the Berry Berry Good jambi posted, specifically because I was trying to find myself a Liqua Berry Mix clone (that was about 2 month ago now). I tweaked it a couple of times until I arrived at the above. I have a couple of other variations too that I'm currently aging.

I certainly did not mean to hijack your recipe... I arrived at that by myself. If you like we can call it "Capt.Shay's Berry Berry Good" :)

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
I was just thinking... the original recipe had Raspberry instead of Sweet Strawberry.... and there was no Vanilla Custard. I really only changed two things, so not a stretch I would come up with that variation. I don't care for raspberry and I'm on a custard kick, so it really wasn't much of a change.

Maybe the original Berry Berry Good was yours? If I remember correctly jambi couldn't remember who's it was.... I'll see if I can go back and find that thread.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Took me a while but here is where I originally saw it:

Toast... what a crumby situation! (Please HELP)

Yup, that was one of mine. I don't remember exactly when I created it but I did it as a works in progress kind of thing in a thread here as I was going along. With a quick search I found that I posted it in completion back in Sept. Strawberry and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream . No worries, it was just weird seeing it posted and the same name and all. Jambi stated straight up that he did not create it so there was certainly no malice intended. B.T.W., the Raspberry really adds to this mix. Grab some on your next order. It is real strong so you have to keep your thumb on it but it calms the citrus in the Forest Fruit and does a little smoothing thing while it is at it. It was the last ingredient that I added to the recipe and in my opinion, makes it complete. This has been my ADV since I finished it.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Yup, that was one of mine. I don't remember exactly when I created it but I did it as a works in progress kind of thing in a thread here as I was going along. With a quick search I found that I posted it in completion back in Sept. Strawberry and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream . No worries, it was just weird seeing it posted and the same name and all. Jambi stated straight up that he did not create it so there was certainly no malice intended. B.T.W., the Raspberry really adds to this mix. Grab some on your next order. It is real strong so you have to keep your thumb on it but it calms the citrus in the Forest Fruit and does a little smoothing thing while it is at it. It was the last ingredient that I added to the recipe and in my opinion, makes it complete. This has been my ADV since I finished it.

Ah... I see... then I'm not surprised that it's yours! And I again apologize, I had no idea who developed it. I was given the basic template and I've been playing around with it quite a bit.

I originally made the recipe as listed with the raspberry - I'm just not a big raspberry fan, not even of real raspberries. I made a 10 ml bottle the first time and followed the recipe exactly. It wasn't close enough to Liqua Berry Mix for me but it was okay.

For the second 10 ml bottle I subbed TFA Strawberry Ripe for the raspberry - better, but still not what I was looking for.

For the third 10 ml bottle I added in the 1% CAP Sweet Strawberry and I knew I was getting somewhere.

After that, I made several 10 ml bottles trying different creams to add to the VBIC and play off it. I tried CAP Vanilla Cupcake, TFA Bavarian Cream, TFA Sweet Cream and CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream. The whipped cream was the best of all of them and I was going to stick with that then decided to try some CAP Vanilla Custard v.1 just to see (I didn't actually think it would work) and *bam* .... that's what I was looking for. First I tried it at 2%, then 4%, then 6%. Both 4% and 6% are good, I might even try it at 8% sometime and drop the marshmallow out completely.

So I eventually arrived at your recipe through trial and error and vaped a lot of this stuff along the way. It continues to be an ADV for me - definitely in my top 5 rotation.

Funny enough, the other day I noticed I still have a dribble of Liqua Berry Mix here and just for fun, I tried some in my dripper and *gack* it's terrible compared to Berry Berry Good.

I'm working on a couple of other variations too - one with exotic fruit and one with black currant and shisha strawberry. By itself it's just such a fantastic base, it can go many different ways. At least now, I can give credit where credit is due. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread