Status
Not open for further replies.

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
Ok. So I have been reading lots of posts, and i noticed that many have made a remark about having a "good base". .By base, I am assuming that you mean the nic base. And if that is so, are there really differences? Isn't it just nicotine and PG &/or VG? Do different supplier's nic juice taste different? If so, which supplier should I use? I know...taste is subjective, but I would like some recomendations...

Thanks ever so much!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Actually a base is all the non-flavoring components. So that includes your plain PG, VG, and nic solution. Yes there is a difference.

I don't find that much difference in PG's from one to another, but with VG the differences can be stricking.

Given that there is more than one way to extract nicotine and dozens of ways to handle it after that point, yes there is a difference in nic solutions. I am in the minority anymore, but I still say that Xtreme vaping has the best nic there is. I've used many different vendor's nic and I keep coming back to Xtreme.

That's a crazy Hoosier's opinion. I'm sure there will be others...

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Yes to what Hoosier said as far as the base being all of your non-flavored juice before you start adding the flavor to it. I haven't tried alot of different nicotine from several vendors, mainly MyFreedomSmoke because it's cheap. It seems decent to me but maybe I don't know better. Mainly I wanted to say that I think it's important to make your base according to what type of atomizer/cartomizer you will be using it with. For example, I do 70/30 or 80/20 PG/VG juices for tanks and cartomizers and clearomizers, but I prefer 60/40 PG/VG juices for dripping on atomizers. I just thought I'd throw that idea in there, which is what I have learned is a personal preference I keep in mind when I'm making a juice. Best of luck on DIY'ing. It's really a great thing to do and you have so many more options to having juices you actually enjoy vaping on! :)

YorkieGirl1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
I believe three things make bases widely different, and can make or break your juice. One is the nicotine as someone mentioned above. Ever taste a vendors ejuice that sorta tastes peppery (especially before steeping)? well thats lower quality nicotine. secondly is the pg/vg percentages you use - pg can take less flavoring and make a higher throat hit, but vg is sweeter and smoother. Lastly is any additives (such as lemon juice) etc that you may add to your normal base. These three things can make an exact recipe from two different people taste completely different. I think this is what you were asking???

Ok. So I have been reading lots of posts, and i noticed that many have made a remark about having a "good base". .By base, I am assuming that you mean the nic base. And if that is so, are there really differences? Isn't it just nicotine and PG &/or VG? Do different supplier's nic juice taste different? If so, which supplier should I use? I know...taste is subjective, but I would like some recomendations...

Thanks ever so much!

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
What VG do you like to use?
Actually a base is all the non-flavoring components. So that includes your plain PG, VG, and nic solution. Yes there is a difference.

I don't find that much difference in PG's from one to another, but with VG the differences can be stricking.

Given that there is more than one way to extract nicotine and dozens of ways to handle it after that point, yes there is a difference in nic solutions. I am in the minority anymore, but I still say that Xtreme Vaping has the best nic there is. I've used many different vendor's nic and I keep coming back to Xtreme.

That's a crazy Hoosier's opinion. I'm sure there will be others...

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
I understand and am very familiar with the basic properties of PG and VG and I know what ratio I like. I was kinda looking for more specifics on what vendors have the best since there is a difference in quality. Sorry for my possibly confusing post.

You add lemon juice to your base? Why? What does that do? Add acidity to it? Do you do this with all of your base...no matter what flavor you use?

I believe three things make bases widely different, and can make or break your juice. One is the nicotine as someone mentioned above. Ever taste a vendors ejuice that sorta tastes peppery (especially before steeping)? well thats lower quality nicotine. secondly is the pg/vg percentages you use - pg can take less flavoring and make a higher throat hit, but vg is sweeter and smoother. Lastly is any additives (such as lemon juice) etc that you may add to your normal base. These three things can make an exact recipe from two different people taste completely different. I think this is what you were asking???

YorkieGirl1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
You add lemon juice to your base? Why? What does that do? Add acidity to it? Do you do this with all of your base...no matter what flavor you use?

Personally -NO i hate lemon juice,lol. But i know alot do add this, it will "boost" your flavors alot - especially fruits. U only add .5 to 1%. It does make a difference. Others use vinegar for the same effect. Most vendors do use additives to aid in preservation, if not - their flavoring would decrease quickly with time (simple chemistry), I just used lemon juice as an example. I do use a few additives (it varies depending on the recipe) but personally i can taste the lemon when i tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread