DIY Poly Cartridge Filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
:blink:Since I have started with the 510 model, I decided to research more cost effective ways to safely vape with it. After the initial DIY juice hints and tips, I was on to the task of refilling my cart. filler myself, instead of ordering new ones when the filling went to heck. I have read many concerns about the poly-fil, flame resistant chemical treated, etc., along with other filling materials (tea bags, paper towels, coffee filters, etc.). I first tried the tea bag, with no success. I realize it is a fine art to roll it correctly, but I guess I am not that talented. Since that was a no go, I decided to try the poly-fil method. I went to walmart, and searched in vain for a bag that said anything about it being chemically treated with flame ......ant. I was in luck, however to find the poly-fil nu-foam. It appears to have the right consistency, and is in a block form instead of wadded up in a bag. I decided to buy it anyway ($8), and take it home to research further. After checking the web-site, I found that none of the Poly-Fil brand is chemically treated. It may be flame ......ant (way the fibers are woven inhibit flame), which is completely different from being chemically treated flame resistant. I have cut a few new fillers, and they are super easy to do, rectangle shaped, and the poly can be peeled to the correct thickness. I haven't tried vaping this yet, but it appears to be the easiest and safest method for me!:laugh:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The correct foam is Marineland Rite-size U Bonded Foam Sleeve from aquarium dept of Petsmart
or strictlyejuice.com has precut pieces for 510 carts very cheap

I would not use random foam - could be poison

re polyfill - sewing stores sell it as pillow stuffing. I don;t like polyfill. I like the foam - it has even consistency and holds its shape. it is also easy to wash and press dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread