DIY Proportions

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I sent in my first order to Happy Vaper last night. I hear the vanilla custard is the Holy Grail of vanillas. I also got almond and a couple of tobacco flavors. The tobacco flavors say "mix at 4-5%" Should I use that same amount for the vanill and almond?

Thanks,
~A

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Wow I must be strange... I like 7 drops vanilla custard and 3 toasted almond per 1 ml of VG as my everyday zero nic vape. But I want to taste the custardness... lower doses make a nice vanilla taste but you don't get the custard flavor.

I think this is one of the reasons I like Vanilla Custard so much for mixing. Not only does it go great with a LOT of flavours, you can really tweak a mix by adjusting how much vanilla custard to the mixed flavour.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
Vanilla Custard is my favorite flavoring!

In addition to being able to make a great vanilla and a great custard (depending on strength) it also can make icky mixes taste great! (Was that too many greats? LOL) When I create something that just doesn't work I add some vanilla custard and it often becomes acceptable or even yummy! (I have had a couple of concoctions that were beyond saving, but that is very rare.)

I also use small amounts to round out and complete other mixes. I use more of this flavoring than any other!

:)

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
MetalPrincess! I just spent 20 minutes looking for this thread! I remembered that I owed someone a response but couldn't remember the title of the thread or where it was... I need to learn to bookmark these things!

Anyway.... I love it with the Raspberry also! And I add it to all different coffee flavors - but very lightly. I like to add a touch to Toffee flavors. I think my favorite use for Vanilla Custard is to help the Chocolates. I love chocolate but none of the flavorings really capture the full character in my opinion. At this point in time I am happiest with Capella Double Chocolate with some Vanilla Custard added.

I find it is very useful when any flavor is a bit too sharp or artificial tasting. Several of the fruit flavors seem that way to me - most notably Banana and Strawberry. I will mix up the base fruit flavor to the intensity I'm looking for and then add Vanilla Custard to the point just BEFORE it can really be easily identified.

:)

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
MetalPrincess! I just spent 20 minutes looking for this thread! I remembered that I owed someone a response but couldn't remember the title of the thread or where it was... I need to learn to bookmark these things!

LOL, I do the same thing ALL the time! Doesn't help that I do most of my reading of ECF on my cell phone--convenient but it's nearly impossible to subscribe to a thread that way.

... I think my favorite use for Vanilla Custard is to help the Chocolates. I love chocolate but none of the flavorings really capture the full character in my opinion. At this point in time I am happiest with Capella Double Chocolate with some Vanilla Custard added.

Great tip! I *just* got chocolate in so I'll have to try that! I want to try to make something mochaccino-ish (coffee/chocolate/cream).

jlmanno

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Any good recipes out there for a good coffee? I have at least a half dozen bottles of different coffees that just don't cut it. I had one fantastic"french roast" but have re-ordered twice and no match to the original. I'm waiting for some coffee, cappacino, hazelnut flavorings to arrive so any suggested recipes would be appreciated. I'm not looking for a black coffee taste but something a little sweeter. Maybe a little vanilla? I figured with some flavor's I could doctor up these 6 30ml bottles I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread