Status
Not open for further replies.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I, like some of you, got a bunch of flavors today. Bottles are on the way and I am anxious to get going. Problem is . . . . I don't know how to make anything. :(

I have a bunch of flavors but it seems that most of the recipes here require one or more ingredients I don't have. I thought maybe we could use this thread to find some of the missing flavors we need and ask questions.

I will start.

I made menthol drops by crushing menthol crystals and filling a 3ml bottle. Then I added PGA and waited for them to liquify. Now I need to know how many drops (or percentage) to add to nic to make menthol juice.

Thanks for any help.

I hope you all ask lots of questions because I really want to see the answers. :?:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It is a "to taste" thing. What you have is your very own liquid menthol flavoring. Depending on strength, it could be anywhere from say 5% -20%.

What you have can also be added to many things, at a couple percent at most, to add a bit of menthol kick.

Time to get our your notebook, log everything, see what you like. If something is "close", let it steep a few days, then taste again.

VaporChef

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
NYC, USA

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
PA -
French Vanilla
Milk chocolate
White chocolate
Sweet Cream
Coffee
Strawberry
Vanilla custard - very little
Malted Milk - very little
Peppermint
Spearmint - very little
Bacon - very little
Vanilla Bean Ice cream - very little
Bavarian Cream - very little
Cotton Candy - very little
Blackberry
Raspberry
Strawberries and Cream
Sweetener
Cappuccino
Clove

FA -
Lemon Sicily
Caramel
Pear
Grape - white
Raspberry
Strawberry
Blackberry
Cappuccino
Cocoa
Marshmallow
Vape Wizard (What is that??)
Coconut
Caramel
Peppermint
Spearmint - very little

Vaporous -
Peppermint
English Toffee

Capellas -
Milk Chocolate Toffee
Orange Creamsicle
Kahlua and cream
Cinnamon Danish
French Toast

Loranns -
Creme de menthe
Anise
Banana cream
English Toffee
Strawberry Kiwi
Blueberry (nice surprise finding this) :)
Butterscotch (this, too)
Raspberry
Peppermint
Bubble Gum
Licorice

LF - Milk, cappuccino and Juicy Drops - Chocolate

I am hoping to have some creamy, vanillay, type stuff coming in. :)

I have a lot of the PA and FA but not much of the rest of it.

Last edited:

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
Ok, wow, you have a TON of flavors to do some amazing combos.

I mix at 20% for almost everything so you may need to adjust the strengths based on your own findings.

Try mixing, 12% Blueberry, 6% Bubblegum, and 2% Vanilla Custard. Make sure your mix has your for 2% Ethyl Maltol (or other sweetner). You'll come up with a Blueberry that tastes like one of those Werther's Creme candies. In fact, I've found that most of those fruits with that Bubble Gun Vanilla Custard mix work out the same. Except Raspberry. For Raspberry is the Devil. ;)

Bavarian Cream and Marshmellow can be added to almost ANY nutty flavor and provides a kind of tobacco 555 taste, at least in my opinion, but you have to add both equally. White Chocolate and Sweet Cream together are amazing. Sweet Cream, Lemon Sicily, Sweetner and a TOUCH of Pear with a 5% menthol ends up something similar to an Orangina (Except Lemon of course).

Vape Wizard by the way, is a pH balancer, tends to give you a smoother vape and more vapor. Don't overdue it with that stuff, trust me. I use it and only add about five or six drops at most.

Experiment, have fun, don't be afraid to try WEIRD combos to make something work, and keep track of everything you make.

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY
Anyone have a recipe equivalent to banana cream pie from TV... I love this stuff but go through it really fast...

The ones that I have seen are
50% bananna
40% bavarian cream
10% vanilla butternut

you might try subbing graham cracker or cookie flavoring for the butternut as something different.

Last edited:

nightsong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Dallas

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
You can check out Lulu's recipe here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...r-supply-share-your-recipe-2.html#post2689671 ecig express is running a contest so lots of people adding recipes in that thread and on their facebook page ;)

Night song. Thanks so much for the link. I wrote ALL of them down. Now I am hoping someone can post similar flavors.

Some of the recipes require flavors that I don't have and it would be nice to know if I could substitute something else .

Like - What can I use in place of:

Whipped cream?
Vanilla Tahity?
Condensed milk?

Are there other flavors that would taste like these? :?:

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY
Paula, I would try subbing a bavarian or vienna cream or any other vanilla you may have... that's the fun of DIY.... trying new things

The vanilla tahiti has an almond undertone so you can use vanilla with a drop or 2 of almond.

the vienna cream is a meringue with sugar and cream so it is a bit stronger than the whipped cream

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread