DIY Swaps in Pay It Forward Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
It seems like there are more people doing DIY now, and new ones are starting daily. So I thought I'd post this to let people know about the DIY Swaps thread. IMO, it's one of the threads that many who DIY...don't even know is there!

Here's the 1st paragraph in the thread, so you can get an idea of what it's for:

This thread is for trading DIY materials only. You may swap anything DIY related including, flavoring, bases, labware, gloves, bottles, etc. This is not for premixed juice - as there is a juice swaps thread for that.
*Note: due to the many variables, homemade nets and extracts are not allowed.

You'll need to read the rules in the first post on page 1. They'll tell you how to post your things for trade and what you're looking for, how to accept a proposed trade, etc. There is no money involved in the swaps, except for the postage each person pays to send their things to their trading partner.

The thread had a little flurry of trading activity in late 2016-beginning 2017. But, since then...it's pretty much been crickets in there. :) I posted my DIY "stuff" I'm willing to trade and things I'm looking for on there last night, to hopefully jumpstart the thread again. I've already gotten 1 trade in the works and another 1 pending for later.

So, do you have extra of some flavorings, or more new eliquid bottles than you need, or some flavorings that just aren't your cup of tea, etc.? If you do, just jump in there and post them to swap and also tell what you're looking for in trade. It's a win-win situation for the trading partners!

Diy swaps - USA Please read first post for rules and guidelines

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
One thing you'll notice (if you go back several pages in the DIY Swaps thread) is that posts considered to be just "chit-chat" by a mod...are usually deleted. Only posts for the following are acceptable: (1) posting the things you have to trade (2) posting the things you're looking for, or (3) posts back and forth to firm up the details of a trade with another member.

The mailing address exchange for a trade, and other things you want to discuss, should be in a PM. Feedback for a trade also has its own thread in the PIF Forum, so those posts aren't allowed in the DIY Swaps thread either. I learned all of the above the hard way myself. ;)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Hopefully this will help get that thread moving again.I remember a few years ago it was very active,now it barely moves anymore,which i think is because most people never know that thread is there.

I hope it does, too! There are so many more people who DIY now, than just a couple years ago. On various threads, there's also been quite a few posts by people who discover that certain flavorings they bought just "aren't for them", or they find out they ordered more of something they already had in decent quantity. So I'm hoping people will consider trading for DIY things they'd use.

About the "chit-chat" that's not allowed on the actual DIY Swaps thread itself - I don't see any reason why those kind of posts couldn't be posted here! People may have questions about the actual trading process, or about how/where to post feedback, or have comments and/or suggestions about what people are posting for trade. IMO, we should have somewhere to post those things.

I'd think that as long as there's no actual trading being arranged and/or taking place outside of that thread here...it should be OK. :thumbs:

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@dc99 - In your post on the Swaps thread it shows you have the following for trade:

4oz TFA juicy peach
4oz TFA vanilla swirl
30ml Chefs WS-23
30ml TFA hazelnut
All brand new.

Are you wanting to only trade the whole amount of each of those, since they're new bottles? Or are you willing to trade for lesser amounts of them?

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
@dc99 - In your post on the Swaps thread it shows you have the following for trade:

4oz TFA juicy peach
4oz TFA vanilla swirl
30ml Chefs WS-23
30ml TFA hazelnut
All brand new.

Are you wanting to only trade the whole amount of each of those, since they're new bottles? Or are you willing to trade for lesser amounts of them?
I would prefer to trade the whole bottle but dont feel like you have to trade 4oz for 4oz. I have at least two of each of these so they are expendable. I will never use all I have.

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Was there something you are interested in, or all of it

I just thought I'd ask about them in case anyone was interested in either of the flavorings you have in 4oz bottles. In the past on the Swaps thread, some have liked getting a smaller quantity of flavorings they haven't tried...to find out if they like them first. Didn't know if you'd thought about breaking down those 2 if people wanted less.

I do like and use both of those you have in 4oz. bottles. But, I'm not currently running low on either of them. If I was though...I'd have no problem trading you 4oz. total, of any flavorings I have... for 4oz. of either of those. They're both very good, IMO. :)

Reactions: IDJoel

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Now I am really confused as to what thread we do the actual swapping in. I only found it because I saw JC had posted.......

Is this thread for discussion only?

We do the actual trading in the thread I linked to in my first post on here. That's where we did ours.

I started this thread to let people know that there even was a DIY Swaps thread in the PIF Forum, to tell them a little about it, to hopefully encourage people to go post DIY things to trade and look for things they need, etc.

Then, I remembered that chit-chat wasn't allowed in that thread, so thought I'd better tell about that here, too. I knew I couldn't have told about it on that thread though, as it would have been deleted! For the same reason...I posted about the DIY Swaps feedback and gave a link to it here also.

So...yep, this thread is for discussion, but not for the actual trading, nor listing the things you've got for trade and those you are looking for. Those things have to be done on the DIY Swaps thread in the PIF Forum.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
We do the actual trading in the thread I linked to in my first post on here. That's where we did ours.

I started this thread to let people know that there even was a DIY Swaps thread in the PIF Forum, to tell them a little about it, to hopefully encourage people to go post DIY things to trade and look for things they need, etc.

Then, I remembered that chit-chat wasn't allowed in that thread, so thought I'd better tell about that here, too. I knew I couldn't have told about it on that thread though, as it would have been deleted! For the same reason...I posted about the DIY Swaps feedback and gave a link to it here also.

So...yep, this thread is for discussion, but not for the actual trading, nor listing the things you've got for trade and those you are looking for. Those things have to be done on the DIY Swaps thread in the PIF Forum.
Got it thanks....

:)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
psssst...
Pay It Forward is a Social Group with special permissions.
Dragging what you are trading here puts it into the open forum and crosses into the no buying, selling or trading outside of the Classifieds.
Please take your questions about a PIF post to a private conversation with the poster.

• Informative
Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread