DIY Throat Hit Nicotine and PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIK3Y_D

Aug 2, 2015
So I started messing around with DIY. Used humco brand VG from Walmart. 0 nicotine 100% VG. I've come up with some tasty stuff but there is zero throat hit. As an ex heavy smoker and new vaper I need that throat hit satisfaction. I ordered a sample from nude nictone 15ml of 100mg. I've also ordered a bottle of PG from ebay. I've got everything I need now but before I experiment I thought I'd ask what your guys opinion is. Rip tripper said pg is throat hit, yet I heard nicotine is throat hit. I'd personally like to go with as little nicotine as possible. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your input. I'm shooting at making 10ml, 75vg 25vg with 0 nic. Then try it to check for TH. At that point I'll add more PG to make it 50/50. If still no throat hit I'll add more VG and shoot back towards 75/25 and I'll add 6mg nic and check for throat hit.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Hello @MIK3Y_D. Welcome to ECF.

Both PG and nic will give you a throat hit but in general the more PG the harder the throat hit.

Sounds like you've got things under control with trying different mixes of VG/PG. Its exactly what I would do. You could also try a 5ml batch instead of 10ml if you need to ration your DIY resources.

Reactions: MIK3Y_D

MIK3Y_D

Aug 2, 2015
Yes; but I admit, I buy that mostly because it's the cheapest I can find in the 120ml size -- $10 -- I can't tell that much difference between it and the nicotine I got from WizLabs, which costs 50% more. It's been subjected to a controlled oxidation process; it's slightly pink when you get it, instead of clear or very-slightly-yellowish. Someone who was looking for "clean" nicotine would probably hate it, but it suits me fine. :) You can find it by googling 'throat hit nicotine' and the link to it at Vaperstek should pop right up.

I get the Flash from ecigexpress -- only place I've seen it.

Andria

I'm a huge fan of cheap lol. I've only ever gotten a free sample so when I run out of this i know where to order some more for a good price! :thumb:

Reactions: AndriaD

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
In another thread, the same thing was discussed. In my findings, PG contributes much more to throat hit than nicotine does. I am not a fan of throat hit, so I try to make my mixes have as little throat hit as possible(or none at all).

It is a mixture of both. If I make 6mg juice for my subtank and run it at 80%pg, it is too much throat hit for me. At 3mg with 80%pg, I am able to deal with the throat hit, but it is still uncomfortable and completely unenjoyable. If I make it at 6mg and run it at under 40%pg, it has some throat hit, but it is minimal and I can thoroughly enjoy the experience. When I make the 3mg with less than 40%pg, I hardly feel any throat hit at all(if I even feel it), and it makes for a fantastic vape in my opinion.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Good idea on the 5ml. I have 10ml and 30ml bottles and figured id go with that, but just in case it goes horribly wrong somehow it would be nice to throw away less. ;)

Thanks for the reply.

I usually do my 5ml testers in 10ml bottles, it gives me more space to add extra flavours if I need to and your right less to throw if it all goes wrong.:)

MIK3Y_D

Aug 2, 2015
In another thread, the same thing was discussed. In my findings, PG contributes much more to throat hit than nicotine does. I am not a fan of throat hit, so I try to make my mixes have as little throat hit as possible(or none at all).

It is a mixture of both. If I make 6mg juice for my subtank and run it at 80%pg, it is too much throat hit for me. At 3mg with 80%pg, I am able to deal with the throat hit, but it is still uncomfortable and completely unenjoyable. If I make it at 6mg and run it at under 40%pg, it has some throat hit, but it is minimal and I can thoroughly enjoy the experience. When I make the 3mg with less than 40%pg, I hardly feel any throat hit at all(if I even feel it), and it makes for a fantastic vape in my opinion.

Thanks for the info. I ordered some 50/50 with 18mg nic from vapewild and its rough!! I've diluted it about 50% with VG and it still is rough. I guess I just have to experiment.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
So I started messing around with DIY. Used humco brand VG from Walmart. 0 nicotine 100% VG. I've come up with some tasty stuff but there is zero throat hit. As an ex heavy smoker and new vaper I need that throat hit satisfaction. I ordered a sample from nude nictone 15ml of 100mg. I've also ordered a bottle of PG from ebay. I've got everything I need now but before I experiment I thought I'd ask what your guys opinion is. Rip tripper said pg is throat hit, yet I heard nicotine is throat hit. I'd personally like to go with as little nicotine as possible. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your input. I'm shooting at making 10ml, 75vg 25vg with 0 nic. Then try it to check for TH. At that point I'll add more PG to make it 50/50. If still no throat hit I'll add more VG and shoot back towards 75/25 and I'll add 6mg nic and check for throat hit.

Nicotine is the primary source of throat hit, that's true; however, it can be *accentuated* in several different ways -- high-PG (I use 85%); using the Throat Hit Nicotine from Vaperstek; and also something called Flash, an additive from FlavorArt. If you have zero nicotine, you aren't going to get much if any TH no matter what you do to it. If you have a little nicotine, then high PG and Flash will definitely accentuate what's there.

Also I've heard that using high-proof (190 proof, Golden Grain or Everclear) grain alcohol as a tiny additive can increase TH, but I've never tried it so I don't know anything about that.

I do all that -- TH Nicotine, Flash Additive, 85% PG, 10mg nicotine -- and the TH is quite acceptable, especially from my Achilles RDA; I even decreased to 9mg nicotine, the TH is so good in the Achilles.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Looks like I have some more things to add to my diy shopping list. So that nicotine is more for throat hit than other nicotine? If so that's very interesting. Thanks for the info Andria!

Yes; but I admit, I buy that mostly because it's the cheapest I can find in the 120ml size -- $10 -- I can't tell that much difference between it and the nicotine I got from WizLabs, which costs 50% more. It's been subjected to a controlled oxidation process; it's slightly pink when you get it, instead of clear or very-slightly-yellowish. Someone who was looking for "clean" nicotine would probably hate it, but it suits me fine. :) You can find it by googling 'throat hit nicotine' and the link to it at Vaperstek should pop right up.

I get the Flash from ecigexpress -- only place I've seen it.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread