Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
This won't be an issue until I run through my nic juices, but a question:

If making your own 0 nic liquids with PG or VG, is there anything you can "safely" do to add a throat hit? I'm sure I'm not the first one to wonder this, but my Boolean algebra is failing me at 6:30am after being up all night. I'm not getting any good search hits.

Thanks!

MisterPuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Oklahoma City, Ok. U.S.A
This won't be an issue until I run through my nic juices, but a question:

If making your own 0 nic liquids with PG or VG, is there anything you can "safely" do to add a throat hit? I'm sure I'm not the first one to wonder this, but my Boolean algebra is failing me at 6:30am after being up all night. I'm not getting any good search hits.

Thanks!

heh, Boolean. Anyway from what I've read on these forums Throat hit is a direct result of the nicotine. More nic, more throat hit, though a couple of threads mention the PH/Alkaline content of the juice affects it also. It's 6:30 am here so if I wake up enough I'll dig up the links and edit them in here.

if you find info that contradicts this, let me know. I'm trying to ween of the monster N but love the throat hit too much.

Edit: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/5294-fans-throat-hits-0-nic.html

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I don't know how to post a link to the thread, do a search for Johnson Creek ingredients. In one of the resulting threads you will see that they use Lemon juice, as one of the ingredients. I believe someone mentions adding lemon juice to DIY juice and getting a good throat hit. It may be worth a try.

Dluv--JC adds lemon juice and vinegar to regulate the PH, but a small abount--does it add to throat hit--in the right amount bumped up and cutting the VG with high proof vodka--IMO--it helps for sure----Sun

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Dluv--JC adds lemon juice and vinegar to regulate the PH, but a small abount--does it add to throat hit--in the right amount bumped up and cutting the VG with high proof vodka--IMO--it helps for sure----Sun

I've also read in many reviews, however, that the citrus-y taste is prevalent in just about all of their flavors, somewhat killing the experience. I want to be able to add some throat hit to my DIY stuff, but if I'm making chocolate-strawberry for example, I don't want chocolate-strawberry-lemon or chocolate-strawberry-vinegar (eww). Also, using vodka or other alcohol simply is not an option for me. I was hoping (beyond hope?) that there was an alternative way of going about this.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I've also read in many reviews, however, that the citrus-y taste is prevalent in just about all of their flavors, somewhat killing the experience. I want to be able to add some throat hit to my DIY stuff, but if I'm making chocolate-strawberry for example, I don't want chocolate-strawberry-lemon or chocolate-strawberry-vinegar (eww). Also, using vodka or other alcohol simply is not an option for me. I was hoping (beyond hope?) that there was an alternative way of going about this.

Walrus--you will not taste the vinegar or the lemon--no way--the Lorann blows away any chance of that --get rid of that water and use high octane vodka to thin the VG out--Sun

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
This thread might help Walrus - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...equests/3204-ph-values-harshness-eliquid.html

It's alkalinity you need, not acidity, remember that Johnson Creek is usually thought to be fairly smooth.

Good reading there, Kate. I'd passed that thread before, but until very recently it wasn't an interest.

I was hoping for a simple "add this to your mix" fix... like baking soda, but I guess that isn't the case.

I guess I need to add a pool kit to my supplies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread