Not open for further replies.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Hi DIYers :)

Sammis thread got me thinking..
I thought she was in search of a flavor for some juice she needed to make.

Well.. what if we had a thread like that?

You know.. you REALLY would like to try and make such-an-such juice.. but you don't have any of Y flavoring drops.. and Vendor X charges 5 bucks a bottle, plus 5 bucks shipping.. yadayadaya. I'm thinking we may need something like this, and especially with the new drops arriving soon.. I'm sure the recipes will be flying, and the labs will be cooking with lots of yummy new sensations!

So, what we if had a mini swap thread? Kinda of a little wants thread.. or in a PIF style..? This is really a 'small quantity' kind of want, and pretty specialized, that it may be harder to find on the bigger threads..

Anyhoo... what do yall think? :)

VaporChef

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
NYC, USA
I agree this is a fabulous idea! Many DIYers get large bottles of flavoring - especially since the co-op - and those quantities just aren't realistic for small-size mixers like me. For instance, I would LOVE to get some eggnog flavor to try, but most vendors don't carry it at all. (I thought I had a pretty decent arsenal of flavorings until I started reading recipes...)

As a size guide - the flavorings I have are almost all 5-6ml bottles. I would be delighted to swap/share 1-3ml samples of flavorings after my bottle co-op supplies come in. Most of the time I only mix up a 3ml bottle of a new DIY juice, or even a "stock" flavor - I prefer lots of variety, so those 3ml juices often last me weeks!

I would be excited to trade flavorings in small sizes. This thread might be VERY popular.

VaporChef

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
NYC, USA
I agree Grama, flavorings have an expiration date too and I'm sure much of mine will go unused, judging from the past 6 months. I'd greatly prefer someone else get a chance to try them instead.

My question is, though... quantity size. I have a 5ml bottle of Beer flavoring I tried once (made only 1ml of juice) - I know I will never bother with it again. Should I split it up into smaller sample sizes like 1-2ml so more than one person could try it, or just offer the whole thing?

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
I agree Grama, flavorings have an expiration date too and I'm sure much of mine will go unused, judging from the past 6 months. I'd greatly prefer someone else get a chance to try them instead.

My question is, though... quantity size. I have a 5ml bottle of Beer flavoring I tried once (made only 1ml of juice) - I know I will never bother with it again. Should I split it up into smaller sample sizes like 1-2ml so more than one person could try it, or just offer the whole thing?

i guess that would depend on the person;time,bottles etc I did see that PA or that is FA offers 1 ml vials cheap I think 25 for $4.00.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
We already have a diy pif thread, and a straight swaps thread. A diy-specific swaps or wants thread might be a bit of a splinter, too small for traction.
I do not feel that strongly, but using the pre-existing threads might be best.

While I have been saying the same things about some of the other 'specialized' threads, I think Rudy's reply summons up the need. (see below* )

I think this would be a good idea.
You often have to take all the flavors offered in a PIF when you really only want one.

Exactly! I think to keep it from 'stalling' (why some of the additional threads may not work) This one *may* work best by using the 'wants' formula. Asking for a particular flavor and having people reply, would keep the thread moving. It could be a wants or trade (the giver could just PIF it, or trade for it)

Another good reason to have this thread. I have WAY TOO MUCH flavoring/drops, that I am not using. I would much rather they go to good use, than sit and spoil. Does anyone know the typical expiry dates on these?

I guess that would depend on your preferences (how much you want to mail at a time) and how much demand there is for the particular drop flavor.

i guess that would depend on the person;time,bottles etc I did see that PA or that is FA offers 1 ml vials cheap I think 25 for $4.00.

Good to know!!! (wonder if those are like the ones lulu found) Thanks GKC!!!

MedsKid

Dec 11, 2010
Welland, Ontario
Ok Ill try this out no one bit in the want thread so Ill try here. I love tobacco flavours and I am Canadian and I'd love to try out 1ml of the Do more eh? (or h/e its spelled) flavour. Dont care from where any of it will do LOL Also I wont be able to help anyone out (unless u want dark vapure samples lol untill roughly march 9th as my latest tobacco flavours arrive then) Thanks in advance :D

Edit : I located some Tobacco flavour from Perfumer's Apprentice, I find it to be heavily floral if anyone would like some let me know I have 5ml of it sitting here.

Last edited:

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Want: Thanks Lulu!! ♥♥♥

to trade
Have: From the last coop I picked up Butterscotch, ObaOba, Blackberry, Brandy, VapeWizard, VanillaTahity, and Hypnotic Myst (in the bigger sizes) I also have oodles of other flavors already in stock. LA, TFA/TPA, FF, Capellas, and others. Just ask.. I may have it. Also have plenty of menthol and EM crystals, and some TA stuff too.

Last edited:

BorisTheSpider

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
Carroll County, Ohio
I would love to get my hands on some VapeWizard and/or Bitter Wizard. May even like to try a small amount of menthol.

I have some samples of a few F'Art tobacco flavorings, at most with 3 drops or so missing. I also have some TPA/TFA Waffle, some Maple Syrup, and a few other assorted flavors - largely, but not only, tobacco flavors. I'll try to give a more complete list when I get back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread