DIY Vanilla Liquid - How to add throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaverCJ

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Los Angeles
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'm missing that tiny bit of harshness when I make my own liquid.

What I've done so far:
I used Lorann Double-strength clear artificial vanilla extract. (Water, alcohol, artificial flavors and citric acid)
I also used PG and VG.

I used them in equal ratios, i.e. 1/3 PG, 1/3 flavoring and 1/3 VG. I had to add the VG because the liquid seemed a bit too runny.

I normally vape JC Kona Coffee in 0, which actually has a noticeable throat hit.

The liquid I made has a full, yet subtle vanilla flavor, good vapor, but no throat hit to speak of.

I noticed on the ingredients of the JC juice that there is citric acid, lemon (<1%) and vinegar (<1%). Could this be where the throat hit is coming from?

Does anyone know how I can had a bit of harshness to the too-smooth vapor? This is my first DIY attempt at liquid, and so far I'm a bit disappointed :-(

Chris

RaverCJ

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Los Angeles
Chris--citric acid, lemon, and vinegar have all worked for me--but if you look though the threads I have posted, I have yet to ever find a Vanilla that gives a real strong good Vanilla taste!!!---Sun

Thanks, Sun. I tried adding maybe 3 drops of distilled white vinegar to about 4ml of the vanilla liquid I made myself. It didn't really add much kick.

In terms of vanilla flavor, I believe the vapor has a stronger vanilla scent than vapor.

I might just try adding some lemon juice later on to see how it affects the kick.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread