DK-TAB and CIGAR from MFS- reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
I bought DK-Tab 48mg and Cigar 36mg from Chris at Myfreedomsmokes.com . Both were ordered in PG only formulations. (I occasonally add some drops of VG to my juices for more vapor, but I left them in their factory state for this review.)

I never have written a review, but thought it might be helpful to share my juice experience on these couple of flavors as over the months, I have found reviews of both PV's and Juices to be pretty handy.

DK-TAB

When I first saw "TAB" as a flavor in some ECF threads, being a mid-50's dude I thought immediately "gee, why would anyone want a diet drink flavor from a couple decades ago"... :oops: - now I know, of course, DK-TAB means "dark tobacco".

The DK-TAB is very, very flavorful, and in a 48mg it hits like a train. I find it refreshing as a change up from RY4 (which is my fave and most vaped juice.)
When I need that BIG hit from my PV, a few drops of DK-TAB in the AM with coffee gives me a real eye opener. The flavor itself adds to the perception of 'throat hit' in this juice.

It doesn't have the intrinsic mild 'sweetness' of RY4 but isn't bitter, either. More aromatic than RY4, it takes a little longer for the aroma to 'evaporate' from the room, but it does, as all E-juices I've tried never linger for too long. Somewhat 'woody and earthy' without being 'musky', and not crossing the line over into 'cigar' territory.

Cutting the 48 DK TAB with 1/2 24 mg plain PG nic juice makes for a milder vape, and a mellower flavor results, and is also very pleasant, not losing any of the charm. My friend liked the flavor even better with the cut. This could definitely be an all day vape for me. With the cut, it could be 'stealth vaped' but still would leave more transient trace than the cotton candy traces left by RY4.

If you're a tobacco fan, I'd suggest that even if this flavor didn't turn out to be a raving favorite, you'd probably still use it all as an alternate vape. It wouldn't end up in your "failed experiment" pile :)

Cigar

Cigar from MFS. Open the juice bottle, and give a sniff... you know absolutely, beyond doubt that what's on the label is in the bottle. VERY aromatic, and definitely NOT a 'stealth vape'. The flavorful aroma will linger longer than most anything I've tried, but ultimately, will vanish out of the room.

While you're vaping Cigar, though, you will definitely taste and smell the rich, deep tobacco leaf tones. I wouldn't use it as an "all day vape", but every now and then, a hit of this flavor is just the ticket, an entrance into the full tobacco leaf 'mystique' that you might need now and then to not miss analogues.

I imagine sometimes that if I had started out on Cigar rather than RY4, you'd have a hard time prying it out of my hands these days. Cigar is also a "keeper" juice that you will find yourself, I'm sure, opening from time to time. Rich, rich, rich. Did i say rich? :rolleyes:

Summin' It Up:

All in all, I'd say that for tobacco lovers and former analog smokers (38 years of pack'a'day for me, now over for 9 months) would do well with these flavors.

A good selection of RY4, DK-Tab and Cigar at a high enough MG level to stave off nicotine cravings, along with a quality PV (801 and 510 being my faves) would be a top bet on getting a ticket out of the analog world- upping your chances of success

To boot, they taste great, and can be 'tweaked' to your liking if you are into some amateur DIY. (In my case, VERY amateur DIY;))

But whether you're getting off analogs, or just swapping back and forth from smoking to vaping, these tobacco flavors are some of the better gambles you could make, in my opinion. The prices are good too, and there are good coupon codes and sales from time to time.

This review is completely independent- all on products I have bought with my own bucks, and my own personal opinions/experiences. YMMV! :D

I appreciate your feedback, and all the other posters that review juices- they are hard to figure out before one tries em. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread