Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I was just looking in my appdata folders. Escribe v1.2 is stored in a different folder than the older Escribe. What I discovered was I never had 2016.2.23 in the first place. 2016-02-12.sw-update is the last firmware I had installed on my devices.

For the others having trouble rolling back, try rolling back a little further.
Edited my previous post to acknowledge you.... :thumbs:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
The one guy that got snappy and mean everytime someone suggest something that didn't help said rolling back didn't work for him.

KTMRider said he tried it, and rolling back did not help. I have other mods I can use for now, so I will wait until a new "1.3" version is released. IMHO: he was not being mean, nor have I been. I was one of, if not the first person to report this charge issue, and since I deal with trouble shooting on a daily basis, I know how to properly go about it. First you test all the variables you have at hand. Then to CONFIRM the issue is perhaps more wide spread, you ask others with hopefully IDENTICAL hardware and software.

I know folks here generally want to be helpful, I get that. But when I originally posted, I was looking for CONFIRMATION, of the issue, with those that had installed the latest Escibe version 1.2. Sometimes, myself included, we make a post with a question, and are looking for guesses, anything that might help. In this case, I just wanted to know of others that experienced the same issue, and later it was confirmed by those users, and I could proceed to report it to Evolv.

What we know now, is it seems isolated to the VaporShark branded DNA200's, but not necessarily all of them.

Think of the process before accusing someone of being snappy!

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
KTMRider said he tried it, and rolling back did not help. I have other mods I can use for now, so I will wait until a new "1.3" version is released. IMHO: he was not being mean, nor have I been. I was one of, if not the first person to report this charge issue, and since I deal with trouble shooting on a daily basis, I know how to properly go about it. First you test all the variables you have at hand. Then to CONFIRM the issue is perhaps more wide spread, you ask others with hopefully IDENTICAL hardware and software.

I know folks here generally want to be helpful, I get that. But when I originally posted, I was looking for CONFIRMATION, of the issue, with those that had installed the latest Escibe version 1.2. Sometimes, myself included, we make a post with a question, and are looking for guesses, anything that might help. In this case, I just wanted to know of others that experienced the same issue, and later it was confirmed by those users, and I could proceed to report it to Evolv.

What we know now, is it seems isolated to the VaporShark branded DNA200's, but not necessarily all of them.

So you tried the process @Spirometry used and had no results?

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I played with my VS a bit more and I got 2a charging back. I used Spiro's method but it didn't work exactly so I poked around and changed some other settings and it worked. I'm not really sure what I did that helped but removing "Watts" and "Restore Defaults" were key.

So it seems like it's just a software glitch and it doesn't harm the hardware (at least on mine).

*edit*
I'm using Escribe v1.2 because I also have many other DNA75/200 mods.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I played with my VS a bit more and I got 2a charging back. I used Spiro's method but it didn't work exactly so I poked around and changed some other settings and it worked. I'm not really sure what I did that helped but removing "Watts" and "Restore Defaults" were key.

So it seems like it's just a software glitch and it doesn't harm the hardware (at least on mine).

*edit*

Wonderful.... :):thumbs:

Reactions: KTMRider

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York

*edit*

That's good for you.

I'll wait for an official Evolv response to this issue. I don't have the time to write the many reasons I will not be rolling back software and firmware. A new version will have to be released as most new owners or updaters will have no clue to the problem or even read these forums.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Updated both DNA 200s, Triade and Efusion Duo (with Lipo pack). Soft reboot for Triade to get the battery back and a hard reboot for the Duo (both through eScribe 1.2).

Wow! What a difference with SS316L. Yes, the curve looks better in Device monitor, but I also notice the improvement in actual use. Much smoother vape. Sadly, I didn't take a screenshot of a before, but I expect everyone is used to the scraggly 316L curve typically seen. now it looks like this:
Triade temp curve.jpg

Quite a difference! I'll admit I was a bit leery of upgrading so soon after release, but it appears to have been worth it. I hope the charging issue gets worked out quickly for VS owners, because it is otherwise a real step up from the prior.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
@KTMRider ...... funny that I was having a different minor issue with my DNA200's after installing the new stuff and in resolving it I also removed "Watts" and did a "Restore Defaults" and all was well again with the new stuff installed. I know this info isn't about the VS200 but just info FYI... Have a great day.... :)

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016

It's not about what you were looking for. Everyone would be fine with that. The problem is something solely an issue with how you respond. Your response to me wasn't even what I was talking about, it was like the next 5 posts. You probably were getting frustrated because you only wanted certain information and you got a lot more and dozens of useless recommendations.

But you are not Sheldon. Not everyone is going going to overlook your lack of class and demeaning treatments of them as just Mactavich being Mactavich. Not saying you have to change your life. I said what I said not be mean just it was my best way to describe you without looking up your name. But I do hope you aren't like that in RL. I know several people like that and they are universally hated by non-friends and family. Not saying everyone has to love Mactavich, just its now way to go through life pushing people away for the sole reason that they didn't have useful information for you at that exact time.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
@KTMRider ...... funny that I was having a different minor issue with my DNA200's after installing the new stuff and in resolving it I also removed "Watts" and did a "Restore Defaults" and all was well again with the new stuff installed. I know this info isn't about the VS200 but just info FYI... Have a great day.... :)

What did you replace "watts" with, to use power mode for Kanthal coils?

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
It's not about what you were looking for. Everyone would be fine with that. The problem is something solely an issue with how you respond. Your response to me wasn't even what I was talking about, it was like the next 5 posts. You probably were getting frustrated because you only wanted certain information and you got a lot more and dozens of useless recommendations.

But you are not Sheldon. Not everyone is going going to overlook your lack of class and demeaning treatments of them as just Mactavich being Mactavich. Not saying you have to change your life. I said what I said not be mean just it was my best way to describe you without looking up your name. But I do hope you aren't like that in RL. I know several people like that and they are universally hated by non-friends and family. Not saying everyone has to love Mactavich, just its now way to go through life pushing people away for the sole reason that they didn't have useful information for you at that exact time.

Yes I'm a mean person with 1457 posts, and 2000 likes, so ignore any posts I make reporting software/firmware bugs. :)

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
What did you replace "watts" with, to use power mode for Kanthal coils?

I created a Material and called it "Kanthal" and unchecked Temperature Sensing. Then added Watts back to the Material on Device. I vape Kanthal with the Material "Kanthal".

upload_2016-8-7_13-35-33.png

And my Profile looks like this:
upload_2016-8-7_13-38-50.png

Reactions: Eskie

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Yes I'm a mean person with 1457 posts, and 2000 likes, so ignore any posts I make reporting software/firmware bugs. :)
Look you got all defensive about someone calling you out as being snippy. A day from now I'll forget this even happened. It's not something I am going to hold against you and you obviously knew you were being snippy because you responded to my post. It could have been KTM. So it's not like you have no idea what the tone was in some of your responses.

I don't want to cut anything out of my opportunities on this forum. I just called it how I saw it when describing you in regards to this issue. I won't apologize for saying it because whether you meant to or cared at the time you were being short with them. But that doesn't mean I don't see you and your experience as useful to me.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Look you got all defensive about someone calling you out as being snippy. A day from now I'll forget this even happened. It's not something I am going to hold against you and you obviously knew you were being snippy because you responded to my post. It could have been KTM. So it's not like you have no idea what the tone was in some of your responses.

I don't want to cut anything out of my opportunities on this forum. I just called it how I saw it when describing you in regards to this issue. I won't apologize for saying it because whether you meant to or cared at the time you were being short with them. But that doesn't mean I don't see you and your experience as useful to me.

Like I said, I'm just MEAN, please ignore my posts!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I created a Material and called it "Kanthal" and unchecked Temperature Sensing. Then added Watts back to the Material on Device. I vape Kanthal with the Material "Kanthal".

View attachment 586597

And my Profile looks like this:
View attachment 586599

That's exactly what I used to have, until at some point the "watts" setting showed up, and I figured that was the proper way to go. See you on the Evolv forum. Thanks!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I didn't call you mean I said you got mean there is a difference.

Ok, let's stop the BS right now, you "calling me out" is still making me laugh. When you have the years and time devoted to these topics, then you can call me out. If you want the last say, fine, I don't care, my reputation here and elsewhere is intact. This thread has a TOPIC, so back to it. If there is anything I'm not being clear about, PM me.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Ok, let's stop the BS right now, you "calling me out" is still making me laugh. When you have the years and time devoted to these topics, then you can call me out. If you want the last say, fine, I don't care, my reputation here and elsewhere is intact. This thread has a TOPIC, so back to it. If there is anything I'm not being clear about, PM me.
I didn't call you out. Someone asked if it had worked for others I stated that it hadn't worked for you. I, rather than go back a couple pages to see your name, used the only descriptors I had. I wasn't trying to call you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread