Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Ecf and their alcohol usage all the time, lol. No one use Contact Cleaner anymore? Save the alcohol for your boo boo's
Spray the carp out of it, shake it out, blow it out, bang it on the coffee table and vape away.
I have both, Iso is way cheaper.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
A reply from Evolv: "Hi Paul,

Unfortunately this sounds like a hardware issue with the temperature sensor and not something we would be able to repair due to being out of warranty. My apologies."

So in the cabinet it goes. Maybe I can use it for part's sometime.

Hmm... Not the news you'd want to hear. What kind of mod is it? One you built or a mod you bought?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
It's a Lava Box M.

How long have you had it? Have you tried contacting the seller and Volcano to see if either would help you out? Worse they can do is say no. Might not hurt to fluff up your message to them if any of these would apply,
"I've owned X number of these mods"
"I've been a long time customer of yours"
"I have a thread open asking other users of these for advice, they advised I should contact you and are following my progress resolving it"

Might inspire them to help you out if they know you've been a good customer or people are following you're experience, if you follow my lines of thinking. :)

Worse case, they don't help you, do you have the skills to replace the board if you can get one?

If all else fails, you might be able to sell the mod and get something out of it, someone might buy it for a donor mod to put a board in. Bottom line, I wouldn't give up yet. ;)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Is this an old B/W DNA 75 or the newer DNA 75C? Are you getting this message 100% of the time in all modes or just after a puff or two, or only in TC mode? I have noticed with one of my tanks, sometimes when I put it on the initial resistance reading is higher than it should be. If I try to vape it this way, I can only get 1 or 2 puffs then will get that error. If I go into the resistance setting and have the device re-read the resistance, it will pull in the right resistance and then it works perfectly. Not sure why this happens with only this one particular tank (SMOK TF-RTA), when all other tanks and RDA's do not have this issue.

I would suggest measuring the resistance on some other device and comparing that to what the DNA 75 is reading. If it is too high, try manually changing the resistance to what the other device read and see if that works.

If that doesn't work, you can get new raw boards for about $50 and replace the one in your mod.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread