DNA30 only firing at 3.1 to 3.3volt, no matter what wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

vccy118

Jul 12, 2013
Miri
Hi all! Anyone experienced this before? Out of 11 DNA30 I ordered, 1 arrived dead (wouldn't turn on), and 2 does this:

20140302_003837.jpg 20140302_003751.jpg

I made sure there are no shorts etc. I just standard 510 connector and Keystone 1024 snap in battery holder with Panasoic 18650PF 10A battery 2900mah. Just in case it is the battery problem, I swapped out a total of 5 identical batteries and all shows the same results. Plus I am using 20 AWG wires as suggested in the manual.

Please if anyone have a solution to this as warranty with Evolv will take at least 5 weeks as I am not from the US and I need to get these work immediately...

Thanks!

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
a little known issue that I have read about with the dna boards is the chip will only work up to about 10amps. However what it will then do is switch to an auxiliary mode where the power by passes the chip set protection and you get a straight from battery power source. This can all be found by researching the specs of the board.

not sure if that is what is causing your issue with the displayed output. of course that would also depend on the resistance of the build you are testing it on.

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
I realize that this an older thread, but I just built a DNA30 FastTech enclosure PV, and I'm having a similar issue. I can put in a fresh Efest purple 18650 and the volts will only read 3.5V or lower when I hit the fire button.

I'm a total nub with a soldering pen, so I'm really worried I did something wrong.

If anyone can help us out, we would be very grateful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread